Whats rustling your jimmies?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Amber/Silver Alerts from 300+ miles away. Why the fuck should I care about someone's lost granny near the Louisiana border when I'm in fucking Austin? I've gotten pretty good at just tapping the OK button since that's all that ever shows, thus completely negating the purpose of the service and ultimately just annoying me to the point that I'm now looking for an app that blocks that shit.

Edit: found it.
Screenshot_20200821-150531_Wireless Emergency Alerts.png

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
There is a quote in a Heinlein book that I love that involves when keeping a budget always budget for a luxury. Having a luxury you provide for yourself is , IMHO, an important part of being a happy person. For me, that is my car. My nice Cadillac CTS V-sport. Gunmetal gray metallic exterior, Kona brown leather interior. My car is my happy space. When I'm having a bad day, I'll find an excuse to just go drive for a bit. Feel my car hugging me, and the world is a slightly more tolerable shithole for a while.

Today I got rear-ended. I was on the freeway, the usual "people hitting brakes" occurs. I stop in plenty of space and just as my car comes to a complete stop... BAM. Day ruined. I pull to the side, get out of my car. She still hasn't gotten out of hers, and it's dead. I don't want to leave some woman, even one who just smashed into my car, in the middle of a freeway so I actually give her car enough of a push to help it coast to the side of the road behind mine. I check to make sure she's OK.

I get out the usual DL and Insurance card for exchange..... She opens with that she doesn't have her DL on her, or ANY ID.... And the only insurance card she can find in the car expired in April... She goes back and sits in her car, I call my insurance agent. They tell me what I was already thinking. Get pictures of EVERYTHING, wait for the cops.

I get back out and she doesn't seem happy that I'm taking pics of not only my car, but hers, including the license plate. Then she tells me her boyfriend took a picture of their insurance card and sent it to her. So she texts me the picture. Good news : same insurance company. Bad news, she's not listed as a driver on the insurance. At least the car is listed on it.

She scribbles her name and phone number on a post it note , matches the number she texted me the photo from. Says I should go ahead and leave now, since she's called a tow truck. I politely tell her that I would never leave a woman stranded on the side of a road without knowing help had arrived. She's not happy about that and goes back to her car.

3 minutes later roadside assistance (which is a state agency kinda thing in Dallas for the freeways, thanks Texpress lanes!) shows up. I walk back to the guy in the truck and he asks "have the police been notified" and I say "I haven't called them yet". He say's he'll call it in for me. Then like clockwork before he can pick up the radio the Popo arrive (two cars).

One cop cars pulls up besides our cars to block an additional lane, one behind her. Cop gets out and gets my info while the other car is handling her. He then walks back and coordinates as she wasn't cooperating with the other cops. Eventually comes back with a piece of paper with her name, DOB, and address on it. Of course the address doesn't match her boyfriends address on the insurance. He also gives me a report number. Assures me this was her fault, that will be in the report, her insurance will be paying for things, that I can head out as long as my car is OK.

My insurance agent tries multiple times to contact her's. Both at the same company (state farm, probably looking hideous.. wearing khakis). And her agent isn't' answering the phone at all. Finally they just bypass the other agent and file the claim for me. Send me the claim number. Now in the back of my head I'm already hearing "Well, she wasn't on his insurance, so they won't cover it, even though "they" and "we" are the same company, unless you want to file this on your own insurance..." If so, there will be an object exercise/demonstration in how "if you have someone's license plate number and/or address you can destroy their lives" happening just after.....

So now I have to deal with the insurance adjusters and that nonsense. I'm taking it to the dealer to get a repair quote tomorrow and have it in my pocket on the assumption that the insurance company is going to try to short sell me.
Its really insane that driving without insurance and a license is nothing more than a slap on the wrist considering how much economic harm it causes. People who do that need to be beat with 2x4s.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Company announced stock equity in lieu of merit-based salary increases on the same day as announcing mandatory diversity training. Old leadership fled when the rest of the CEO's for big companies left last year. New leadership is looking shaky. I like my job, hope they don't fuck this up entirely.

Changes be coming.
Half day mandatory diversity training next week. Non-zero chance I lose my job over this after going through the "pre-work" worksheet. Wish me luck pals. I have no intention of being rude or dismissive but I'll be making it clear I don't think my race or cultural heritage are important in the workplace, even if they do.

• 2Like
  • 1SJW
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My brain deciding that I was going to be in a shitty mood from the moment I woke up for the second day in a row, and nothing working to break out of it.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My brain deciding that I was going to be in a shitty mood from the moment I woke up for the second day in a row, and nothing working to break out of it.

I've had two days like this in the past week. It's just crummy, and there's just nothing you can do to derail it some times.

I got out of it because my wife blew me start to finish and didn't expect anything. She just wanted to help me out of a funk. It certainly helped.

• 1Quality Calories

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Too long and crazy to go into especially via phone.

But tldr, sister in law is a crazy abusive cunt. Lately medicated at one point. Enabled her while live by her parents who forgive every misdeed. Her husband put up with her chucking him with like 6 dudes over the last decade. They have 2 daughters that my wife worships. Surrogate kids almost. But her sister and her are mortal enemies, the husband is like a family friend.

When he finally got the balls to divorce when she brought over her "friend" and his family to his own daughters birthday party... She married the friend inside 2 months with his albino looking white trash boys of the same age as nieces and a dv conviction himself.

Many issues, many times post divorce the cuck lets her still run roughshod on him screwing him over on expenses, split of the houses etc. I have zero respect for the guy already.

Well come to find out the little boys were molested by their old step sister and now have been in therapy a while but in July I guess got caught with their cousins doing inappropriate stuff. Claim is cousins started it and/or mutual but I don't believe that.

Cps is at least involved now in some way but that this loser cuck still isn't inclined to do more to protect his kids. Apparently the plan currently is when the girls are with their mom 50% of the time the boys are to be confined to their room. As if that is an effective long term Solution that doesn't create its own problems.

Best advice my wife refuses to do is to start a journal herself documenting everything with data etc the next she can in case there ever comes a time it can help. We know the bitch had bought a handgun when the piece of shit new husband is a felon. Told her a anon letter to Cps would be more ideal right now than any other random time so they can look into a firearm in a house with a felon and 5 kids including 2 out of control boys in prime play with a gun age.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1WTF

Fucker

Log Wizard
Corner store was all out of good beer. WTF? How in the fuck does that even happen?

Miller. It's the Champaign Illinois of beers.

12654.JPG

• 1Garbage

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Half day mandatory diversity training next week. Non-zero chance I lose my job over this after going through the "pre-work" worksheet. Wish me luck pals. I have no intention of being rude or dismissive but I'll be making it clear I don't think my race or cultural heritage are important in the workplace, even if they do.
Training complete. It wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. The team running the training were definitely "diversity team" people, but the tone wasn't overly aggressive. There were a number of times where they tried to railroad the group into segmenting and identifying as members or various racial or cultural groups but to my great surprise we largely ignored that. Every time they tried to force us to identify as whatever minority someone would challenge that as not being useful and direct the conversation elsewhere.

Essentially pushing ideology on a bunch of engineers is going to be pretty rough and it didn't go well for them.

I managed to deflect the first attempt to get everyone to list their race / identity / heritage and fortunately others followed suit later. I don't think I'll get cancelled but one guy did say "I don't know why people get their panties in a bunch" which triggered a white lady lol.

• 2Like
  • 1NPC
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Webp. Fuck this stupid format. It's just another annoying means of slowing how quickly your "content" is reposted because it isn't interpreted by most aps. Yet.

On that note, mp4 format gifs without sound. Fuck those, too.

They're both redundant.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I love mushrooms. I hate onions. That they are often paired together makes me sad. When you say something about it and the cook says "You can't even taste the onions" is when it rustles my jimmies. Last thanksgiving I even got "I thought you liked mushrooms, I made them for you"

First of all motherfucker. If you can't taste them, then why did you waste the onions?
Second, you can taste them because you used way too fucking many.
Third, mushrooms isn't even one of the things that neutralizes onions.

Last week I went to get some spaghetti and the noodles had onions all in them. That rustled me pretty good too. Who the fuck puts onions in spaghetti noodles? Godless Heathens, that's who. No one else. Only Godless Heathens.

• 1Horowitz
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
I love mushrooms. I hate onions. That they are often paired together makes me sad. When you say something about it and the cook says "You can't even taste the onions" is when it rustles my jimmies. Last thanksgiving I even got "I thought you liked mushrooms, I made them for you"

First of all motherfucker. If you can't taste them, then why did you waste the onions?

Last week I went to get some spaghetti and the noodles had onions all in them. That rustled me pretty good too. Who the fuck puts onions in spaghetti noodles? Godless Heathens, that's who. No one else. Only Godless Heathens.
giphy.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Rustled

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

I've been slowly training my children to eat onions like a goddam normal person, by gradually adding more and more to their food. (Obviously the marinara always had onions in it, which makes your complaints about spaghetti puzzling - ya cant make marinara without onions)

You should try it.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I've been slowly training my children to eat onions like a goddam normal person, by gradually adding more and more to their food. (Obviously the marinara always had onions in it, which makes your complaints about spaghetti puzzling - ya cant make marinara without onions)

You should try it.
My grandmother (immigrated at 40) sometimes puts whole onions in her sauce and cooks it for a day. Delicious cutting open a cooked onion, and having the sweetness contrast the sauce, meat and pasta.

I assume she does this because she was dirt poor and onions was probably something substantial they had to put in when there was no meat.