Whats rustling your jimmies?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I managed to prevent a situation like that because I knew the cocksucker wasn’t going to stop when I saw him tearing down a hill.

Anyways let the rustling continue

View attachment 294128
Mayochup man. I ran into that not long before the chinaflu nonsense and was generally perplexed. I started leaving the packets on random peoples desks.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Four schools involved with our kids right now. For two of them it's online only until October. For one it's hybrid, some in class, some online, some work on your own. For another it's in class once a week, the rest online. And for the last it's all in person, all the time. I can't keep any of this shit straight, and all of it sounds terrible. I have no idea what the answer is, but having to deal with four different scenarios is rustling me pretty damned hard.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Friday morning Transfer funds to a credit account and submit a check from my spouse to the transfering account. (Her portion of bills) Account isn't ran with overflowing amounts on it.... Payment to the credit card processes by saturday. Here midday monday and the fucking deposited check is still in processing and the bill account got hit with a bill putting it slightly into overdraft.

It's not the stone age, most of this is all electronic and is doing it's thing in the background, not like the olden days when nothing happens with no one working a weekend. I've seen delays sometimes with stuff done on a sunday, but not 3+ days like this before.

So likely going to have to call and bitch at them over the OD fee since their processing likes to be selective happy to receive money on one but slow to debit the other. Fucking wells fargo.

It's actually a deliberate set of rules in the banking channels to have different processing times depending on whether or not it's going into a bank or out. Essentially, if it benefits the bank, it's processed with the hour. If it's money leaving the bank they intentionally delay for a few days in order to continue earning interest on their account totals or using the values to borrow elsewhere. Also, some banks have been caught debiting client accounts with fees every month that aren't in the contracts and when caught, the bank says they can't refund the last _____ months because "you should have been paying attention, sorry".

TLDR: Agree with you on this rustle.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Four schools involved with our kids right now. For two of them it's online only until October. For one it's hybrid, some in class, some online, some work on your own. For another it's in class once a week, the rest online. And for the last it's all in person, all the time. I can't keep any of this shit straight, and all of it sounds terrible. I have no idea what the answer is, but having to deal with four different scenarios is rustling me pretty damned hard.

I'm rustled that you have 5+ kids :p /tease

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Company announced stock equity in lieu of merit-based salary increases on the same day as announcing mandatory diversity training. Old leadership fled when the rest of the CEO's for big companies left last year. New leadership is looking shaky. I like my job, hope they don't fuck this up entirely.

Changes be coming.

• 1SJW

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Phishing scam emails. And not the actual emails, I don't care that much I get like one a day so I just delete it, but these fuckers use some automated process(obviously) that somehow generates names. My name is in my email adress motherfuckers, if you call me by a different name, how can I ever fall for the scam? Whoever wrote that shit is retarded, it's more likely you'd get hits if you used the email name as the name in your generated message, even if it's CaptainFart42069, than if you use some random name and hope it somehow fits the person. These retards can't even scam properly.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The HR department is creating "stat cards" (baseball card stat sheets) for employees in our company's corporate HR database.

One of the "stats" listed is "Diversity Indicator: Y/N".

The actual fuck.

• 2Rustled
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Convincing a friend to buy Far Cry 5 so we could do 3 person co-op with my wife (nudge, nudge) and forgetting it was two players only. Only realized it when trying to invite. At least he got a Steam refund :emoji_rolling_eyes:

• 1Genius!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I just finished my diversity training. According to the "exam", I'm racist. Biased. Sexist. And bigoted. Click yes to pass exam.

• 9Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
There is a quote in a Heinlein book that I love that involves when keeping a budget always budget for a luxury. Having a luxury you provide for yourself is , IMHO, an important part of being a happy person. For me, that is my car. My nice Cadillac CTS V-sport. Gunmetal gray metallic exterior, Kona brown leather interior. My car is my happy space. When I'm having a bad day, I'll find an excuse to just go drive for a bit. Feel my car hugging me, and the world is a slightly more tolerable shithole for a while.

Today I got rear-ended. I was on the freeway, the usual "people hitting brakes" occurs. I stop in plenty of space and just as my car comes to a complete stop... BAM. Day ruined. I pull to the side, get out of my car. She still hasn't gotten out of hers, and it's dead. I don't want to leave some woman, even one who just smashed into my car, in the middle of a freeway so I actually give her car enough of a push to help it coast to the side of the road behind mine. I check to make sure she's OK.

I get out the usual DL and Insurance card for exchange..... She opens with that she doesn't have her DL on her, or ANY ID.... And the only insurance card she can find in the car expired in April... She goes back and sits in her car, I call my insurance agent. They tell me what I was already thinking. Get pictures of EVERYTHING, wait for the cops.

I get back out and she doesn't seem happy that I'm taking pics of not only my car, but hers, including the license plate. Then she tells me her boyfriend took a picture of their insurance card and sent it to her. So she texts me the picture. Good news : same insurance company. Bad news, she's not listed as a driver on the insurance. At least the car is listed on it.

She scribbles her name and phone number on a post it note , matches the number she texted me the photo from. Says I should go ahead and leave now, since she's called a tow truck. I politely tell her that I would never leave a woman stranded on the side of a road without knowing help had arrived. She's not happy about that and goes back to her car.

3 minutes later roadside assistance (which is a state agency kinda thing in Dallas for the freeways, thanks Texpress lanes!) shows up. I walk back to the guy in the truck and he asks "have the police been notified" and I say "I haven't called them yet". He say's he'll call it in for me. Then like clockwork before he can pick up the radio the Popo arrive (two cars).

One cop cars pulls up besides our cars to block an additional lane, one behind her. Cop gets out and gets my info while the other car is handling her. He then walks back and coordinates as she wasn't cooperating with the other cops. Eventually comes back with a piece of paper with her name, DOB, and address on it. Of course the address doesn't match her boyfriends address on the insurance. He also gives me a report number. Assures me this was her fault, that will be in the report, her insurance will be paying for things, that I can head out as long as my car is OK.

My insurance agent tries multiple times to contact her's. Both at the same company (state farm, probably looking hideous.. wearing khakis). And her agent isn't' answering the phone at all. Finally they just bypass the other agent and file the claim for me. Send me the claim number. Now in the back of my head I'm already hearing "Well, she wasn't on his insurance, so they won't cover it, even though "they" and "we" are the same company, unless you want to file this on your own insurance..." If so, there will be an object exercise/demonstration in how "if you have someone's license plate number and/or address you can destroy their lives" happening just after.....

So now I have to deal with the insurance adjusters and that nonsense. I'm taking it to the dealer to get a repair quote tomorrow and have it in my pocket on the assumption that the insurance company is going to try to short sell me.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is a quote in a Heinlein book that I love that involves when keeping a budget always budget for a luxury. Having a luxury you provide for yourself is , IMHO, an important part of being a happy person. For me, that is my car. My nice Cadillac CTS V-sport. Gunmetal gray metallic exterior, Kona brown leather interior. My car is my happy space. When I'm having a bad day, I'll find an excuse to just go drive for a bit. Feel my car hugging me, and the world is a slightly more tolerable shithole for a while.

Today I got rear-ended. I was on the freeway, the usual "people hitting brakes" occurs. I stop in plenty of space and just as my car comes to a complete stop... BAM. Day ruined. I pull to the side, get out of my car. She still hasn't gotten out of hers, and it's dead. I don't want to leave some woman, even one who just smashed into my car, in the middle of a freeway so I actually give her car enough of a push to help it coast to the side of the road behind mine. I check to make sure she's OK.

I get out the usual DL and Insurance card for exchange..... She opens with that she doesn't have her DL on her, or ANY ID.... And the only insurance card she can find in the car expired in April... She goes back and sits in her car, I call my insurance agent. They tell me what I was already thinking. Get pictures of EVERYTHING, wait for the cops.

I get back out and she doesn't seem happy that I'm taking pics of not only my car, but hers, including the license plate. Then she tells me her boyfriend took a picture of their insurance card and sent it to her. So she texts me the picture. Good news : same insurance company. Bad news, she's not listed as a driver on the insurance. At least the car is listed on it.

She scribbles her name and phone number on a post it note , matches the number she texted me the photo from. Says I should go ahead and leave now, since she's called a tow truck. I politely tell her that I would never leave a woman stranded on the side of a road without knowing help had arrived. She's not happy about that and goes back to her car.

3 minutes later roadside assistance (which is a state agency kinda thing in Dallas for the freeways, thanks Texpress lanes!) shows up. I walk back to the guy in the truck and he asks "have the police been notified" and I say "I haven't called them yet". He say's he'll call it in for me. Then like clockwork before he can pick up the radio the Popo arrive (two cars).

One cop cars pulls up besides our cars to block an additional lane, one behind her. Cop gets out and gets my info while the other car is handling her. He then walks back and coordinates as she wasn't cooperating with the other cops. Eventually comes back with a piece of paper with her name, DOB, and address on it. Of course the address doesn't match her boyfriends address on the insurance. He also gives me a report number. Assures me this was her fault, that will be in the report, her insurance will be paying for things, that I can head out as long as my car is OK.

My insurance agent tries multiple times to contact her's. Both at the same company (state farm, probably looking hideous.. wearing khakis). And her agent isn't' answering the phone at all. Finally they just bypass the other agent and file the claim for me. Send me the claim number. Now in the back of my head I'm already hearing "Well, she wasn't on his insurance, so they won't cover it, even though "they" and "we" are the same company, unless you want to file this on your own insurance..." If so, there will be an object exercise/demonstration in how "if you have someone's license plate number and/or address you can destroy their lives" happening just after.....

So now I have to deal with the insurance adjusters and that nonsense. I'm taking it to the dealer to get a repair quote tomorrow and have it in my pocket on the assumption that the insurance company is going to try to short sell me.
IRL when I say it, people sometimes look at me like I'm an asshole when I say it. But I absolutely loathe poor people. And that comes from a wide mix of things, one of the large ones is that out of all accidents, illegals/no insurance or just piece of shit cars that were already dented are over represented in accidents. So they fuck you, they drive up insurance rates etc. Then the usual politics forum problems of poors being blind dem voters hoping for handouts, being skeezy one way or another, yadda yadda.

Riding my motocycle on the highway, I feel safer speeding along with nice BMW's than being anywhere near a 20 year old car with existing body damage.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I just finished my diversity training. According to the "exam", I'm racist. Biased. Sexist. And bigoted. Click yes to pass exam.

Didn't the exam ask if you're black? Not possible to be racist if you answered that one correctly.

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My home insurance company sent me a letter (back in early July) notifying me that they would be unable to renew my insurance at the end of August, as my roof was in "disrepair". Well, yeah, 17-year-old shingles, but it was perfectly fine-ish. I had someone look at it last year after a bunch of storms. Not too bad. When I got the letter, I had the guy look again. Way more damage. Dents on all of the vent caps from recent hail, lots more spots in the shingles, and missing shingles from wind damage. So. I filed a fucking claim on it, suck my dick. Adjuster ended up being a buddy of the roofer, who is a buddy of mine. Adjuster marked the roof as "full replacement".

I work with my insurance through a holding company, and they came back after I finalized the roof repair claim saying that the insurance company was no longer planning to renew my policy, even with the roof being repaired and paid for by them (sans deductible). On the grounds that "we're reducing our risk in your area".

The roofing company was able to squeeze in the lifetime (30 years) architectural shingles and cut $1200 out of my deductible.

Got a quote from another agency that was slightly higher than the old company, but was reduced because of the higher quality shingles.

Trying to work from home when the roofers are banging on your ceiling and occasionally shaking the whole fucking house, is really mentally exhausting.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
IRL when I say it, people sometimes look at me like I'm an asshole when I say it. But I absolutely loathe poor people. And that comes from a wide mix of things, one of the large ones is that out of all accidents, illegals/no insurance or just piece of shit cars that were already dented are over represented in accidents. So they fuck you, they drive up insurance rates etc. Then the usual politics forum problems of poors being blind dem voters hoping for handouts, being skeezy one way or another, yadda yadda.

Riding my motocycle on the highway, I feel safer speeding along with nice BMW's than being anywhere near a 20 year old car with existing body damage.

I've been driving the same car for 20 years (0 accidents), and I plan on rewarding myself with a nice, slightly overpriced new car (maybe a Model Y, not sure). My #1 fear is that the very first few days I'll have it, I'm going to get rear-ended by some idiot who just sucks at life. Girl at work totalled her car with less than 250 miles on it (rear-ended because people stop for tunnels apparently)

Ugh.

Jimmies also rustled for VA property tax on cars, expect to pay almost 2k a year for a new luxury type car. It probably prevents a ton of new car purchases here and fucks over the economy a bit.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I've been driving the same car for 20 years (0 accidents), and I plan on rewarding myself with a nice, slightly overpriced new car (maybe a Model Y, not sure). My #1 fear is that the very first few days I'll have it, I'm going to get rear-ended by some idiot who just sucks at life. Girl at work totalled her car with less than 250 miles on it (rear-ended because people stop for tunnels apparently)

Ugh.

Jimmies also rustled for VA property tax on cars, expect to pay almost 2k a year for a new luxury type car. It probably prevents a ton of new car purchases here and fucks over the economy a bit.
Eh its luxury car land in NoVA

• 1Worf