Whats rustling your jimmies?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Everything sold these days is absolute garbage quality..

15 years ago I could buy something like a laptop, or an electric shaver and it would last me at minimum 5years.. today for even high prices the most I can expect out of any appliance is 6 months. The 1200$ laptop I bought last year made it an entire 7months! Wooo lucky me.

fuck china
Fuck lenovo
Fuck amazon
Fuck every god damn manufacturer on the planet. I hope u all die awful deaths

Still have the wahl trimmer I got in high school and works fine 33 years later. Of course then it was to trim my musouche and now cut what is left of my hair, rustled.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Wanted to try that new Detroit style pizza from Pizza Hut last night.

Two of the places I wanted to order from close at 8pm on Saturday nights!

• 2WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
This fucking nonsense.

...except I would try them. I would just bitch about them the entire time.

1612113137006.png

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I think Gravy Gravy would have been on cloud 9 right now, with how the Chiefs have been doing.

But this is like a 3-for-1. Remembering Gravy Gravy , remembering Joe Delaney, and getting ready for another Superbowl.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Wanted to try that new Detroit style pizza from Pizza Hut last night.

Two of the places I wanted to order from close at 8pm on Saturday nights!

Is "detroit style pizza" a codename for a drug?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Power company doing a planned outage "some time in the next week". Umm, ok. When? We work from home now and an outage in the middle of a Zoom call with attorneys, CPAs, or clients is pretty shitty. Oh, and it's scheduled between 2am and 3pm, but they can't tell me when exactly.

Does sound all that fucking planned to me, assholes!

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Power company doing a planned outage "some time in the next week". Umm, ok. When? We work from home now and an outage in the middle of a Zoom call with attorneys, CPAs, or clients is pretty shitty. Oh, and it's scheduled between 2am and 3pm, but they can't tell me when exactly.

Extra large ups or a generator. Latter may be wise given state of the country anyways.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

Sounds like some sort of line work or substation stuff.

My company does a lot of work in the spring and fall with power plants doing their planned outages. So entire generating units go down. Then you get X days to try to fix as much shit as possible before coming back up. But customers almost never, ever, even know that this is going on in the background.

This sounds like the kind of thing they can't isolate and bypass, and they might be waiting on line crews to do [stuff] beforehand. I dunno. And then they're being intentionally vague in case something goes sideways. Hopefully they do it early AM and they're back up quickly.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly, I'm shocked I even got a call about it (automated voice mail). I really just hope it happens in the middle of the night when it doesn't matter and not in the middle of a work day.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So I got an email about this today. Director of one of our departments randomly includes me in an email chain asking if theres anything I can do to help him keep track of his workers because they just caught another worker who had been fucking off for a few hours doing nothing.

The business software we use is great about this, you can look at all your worker who are using it see how long theyve been in various states, what project they are working on etc. Weve been using this software for 3-4 years now and this feature has been there the entire time.

Look at the guy's user account for the software and hes never logged into it.
This motherfucker AGAIN.

Get another frantic email from him saying a worker of his that just returned to work(he/hr never said they stopped working in the first place) off furlough or something and is unable to login to anything. The specific question he asks makes zero sense and really shows he has zero fucking clue how our main business software works(this guy has literally never logged into it) so I respond by saying his question makes no sense.

Queue a flurry of emails saying I need to call this employee up and help them get up and running as they are his best employee and he really needs them up and working. Call the person and find out the problem; firstly they have forgotten all their login information so they cant login and secondly theyre having a hard time remembering what to do to get started working again. Absolutely nothing like what he originally described the problem was.

I responded with a nicely worded email telling him and his supervisors to stop being fucking idiots and use some god damn common sense when bringing an employee who hasnt worked in a while back.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
1556703278997.jpg

I was trying to come up with an 'elf on a shelf' joke for this pic yesterday and fucking thesaurus.com didn't have any synonyms for pedophile. What kinda bullshit is that? I tried every spelling and variation of the word that I knew.

• 1Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Coke-burp and stew-fart at the same time. Thanks, gastrointestinal tract, for making a life-long scare real.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Having to remind the guy at the drive-thru window multiple things in a single stop

Where's my drink?
<oh yeah sorry>
How about a straw?
<here>
Hey, can I get some Arbys and Horsey sauce?
<kid looks like he's about throw a fit>

Like...JFC...this is your job. These are standard with most orders. People shouldn't have to remind you.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users