Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
See? Since you know how to spell it you can look that info up.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Over the past couple of weeks my left eyebrow where it curves into my nose has been twitching on and off. Not painful or anything but god damn its fucking annoying.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Over the past couple of weeks my left eyebrow where it curves into my nose has been twitching on and off. Not painful or anything but god damn its fucking annoying.
Did you get the vaccine bro?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
So, way back I was part of an investigation regarding a soldier who committed suicide. Another happened not long ago and I can see similarities.

Cue my rustle.

Those fucking Facebook virtue signalers. "If you ever have thoughts of suicide, call me, I don't mind to stay on the phone all night if that keeps another soldier from taking their life". You know the type. Some people in need of real help fail to recognize those jackasses as the empty virtue signalers that they are and go to those clowns expecting a helping hand. Except they don't know how to talk to a suicidal, much less keep the conversation going or actually want to. So the result is an awkward 5 min talk before they say they have something else to do: put the kids to bed, take out the trash, go to bed early to work in the morning, etc. So the guy essentially get rejected one more time, maybe try another one with same result and off himself.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So, way back I was part of an investigation regarding a soldier who committed suicide. Another happened not long ago and I can see similarities.

Cue my rustle.

Those fucking Facebook virtue signalers. "If you ever have thoughts of suicide, call me, I don't mind to stay on the phone all night if that keeps another soldier from taking their life". You know the type. Some people in need of real help fail to recognize those jackasses as the empty virtue signalers that they are and go to those clowns expecting a helping hand. Except they don't know how to talk to a suicidal, much less keep the conversation going or actually want to. So the result is an awkward 5 min talk before they say they have something else to do: put the kids to bed, take out the trash, go to bed early to work in the morning, etc. So the guy essentially get rejected one more time, maybe try another one with same result and off himself.

I think I've told this story here before.

OK, Ft Riley. Maybe 1994? 1/4 Cav, HHT

A young guy in one of the S-shops...kind of a nerd, I think...awkward, just out of highschool, not ready for life, if you know what I mean...

So he does what soldiers do, and he found some local chick to bang. Long story short, he got her pregnant, she said she was keeping the baby, he was like 'ok, let's do this as a couple' and she was like...'no, I'm keeping the kid, but there's someone else, sorry'. Or maybe it was more 'I'm going to find someone else, wish me luck' (it's been 25+ years? FML)

So dude comes back into the barracks (it's a friday night btw) and he's fucking suicidal. IIRC roommate hears the story, worried about him, and goes down to CQ to tell them what's up. They come up, talk to him, and pass it up the chain.

Our 1st Sgt, who usually went out drinking like the enlisted always did (single senior enlisted out drinking and slaying young snatch, LOL) came right in and started laying things out to people. Delegates to the E6 that's on staff duty @ squadron HQ (a medic) to take charge. He's already on staff duty, 24 shift, so he's told to watch the soldier and make sure he doesn't...you know...commit suicide. 1st SGT goes home, intending to come back on Saturday to see what they can do with the kid. E6 takes kid over to HQ and makes him sit for an hour.

After a while, the E6 decides...hey, how about I let you go back to your room. You don't seem too bad. But I'll come by every hour on the hour and beat on the door to check on you.

Rumor I heard was that this lasted once...maybe twice...and they just quit checking on him.

So Saturday morning, we're all hungover playing video games. One guy (E4 medic) goes down hallway to do laundry in the laundry room. He notices someone standing in the doorway of that room, with the door open. Just standing there, not moving.

Well, he bursts into the room we're in, door flies open, and he's like 'OH SHIT OH SHIT' and he dives for the phone. Calls CQ. Tells them to get up there pronto. Tells us that the roommate came back, opens the door, and finds his roommate dead. We just didn't know the backstory at that point. Apparently the guy had bought a pistol at some point and (no surprise) didn't tell the unit and didn't keep it in the arms room. So after dumb shit E6 lets him go back to his room, he shoots himself in the head, and his poor roommate had to find him.

So of course the shit hits the fan and the entire building is locked down. MPs and CID come in. No one is allowed to leave. Eventually we get herded down into the dayroom. I get pulled out and questioned because that was actually my previous barracks room and I still had a key (they never asked for it back, just signed me a new key, but they started going over everything with a fine-toothed comb and I got questioned. Who had access to the room? They went over the key logs, and I gave them that key back LOL). Hilariously enough, there was this one POS soldier who didn't like the guy that suicided. So while we were all locked in the dayroom, there's a line of MPs and CID at the soda machine. There's probably 4-5 of them standing within earshot, and this dipshit, while we're talking about what happened, just starts talking about how he never liked the guy, fuck him, 'we shouldn't be losing our Saturday because of him', and then adds in a sort of 'I'm glad he offed himself' string of comments. The rest of us exchange glances, look at MPs/CID and see THEM exchange glances, then watch as they put their money away and walk out together. Then a couple of minutes later, guess who gets dragged out to be questioned? LOL

AFAIK that E6 just got yelled at. But maybe I'm wrong and just ignorant of what might have happened to him (could have been kept behind closed doors).

So anyways, back to what you were saying Lejina Lejina ...there's times I wish that E6 had done different. I mean, FFS, he could have grabbed the kid and put him in a room with some of us enlisted shitlords, and we would have just made him sit on the couch, play vidya games, bullshitted with him, been like "Naww dude you're crashing in HERE tonight...bro, you're going to the bathroom? I'ma go with you", forced him to play Madden '93 with us, then dragged his ass to breakfast at the chow hall. That sorta thing.

But I mean, FFS, he had the kid at Staff Duty, He should have at LEAST kept him at Staff Duty. The dude basically didn't want to deal with him and chose to believe that everything would just be ok. And the unit ended up with a dead soldier as a result.

I don't know if anyone told the GF or what. No idea what happened to her or the kid after that.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Well, he bursts into the room we're in, door flies open, and he's like 'OH SHIT OH SHIT' and he dives for the phone. Calls CQ. Tells them to get up there pronto. Tells us that the roommate came back, opens the door, and finds his roommate dead. We just didn't know the backstory at that point. Apparently the guy had bought a pistol at some point and (no surprise) didn't tell the unit and didn't keep it in the arms room. So after dumb shit E6 lets him go back to his room, he shoots himself in the head, and his poor roommate had to find him.
I had the pleasure of listening to a dude blow his brains out with an M16 in Iraq one night.

Was at Al Asad for a week or two as I was switching teams to go up to the Syrian border. One night at 2-3am as I was browsing the internet on my laptop in my bunk I hear a single gunshot, sounds like an M16. Knowing it was an M16, a single shot and the fact it was pretty cold out gave me zero reason to investigate. I assumed either someone was a dumbass and just had a negligent discharge or someone blew their brains out and I wasnt up to finding someones head splattered all over the ground at 3am. Also we lived in a maze of shipping containers so doubtful Id find out where this happened.

Well next morning I wake up and go to browse the internet before going into work and its down. The standard cut the internet when someone is seriously hurt/killed routine. Go into work and am told yeah a guy did in fact commit suicide last night. Turned out to be an E-5 from a new unit that just arrived in Iraq. Rumor was the guy committed suicide due to failing a drug test.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Sound like a stroke is in the works. Got an Indian chief costume and some cigars?

• 1WTF
  • 1Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Fucking streamers man. Cant play anything online without some retarded cunt with 5 retards watching him stream whatever youre playing.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At 117 mph my car decides it has a flat tire. Warnings all over the dashboard, weird sound/feeling. Slowly get to a place I can inspect the car and guess what....all the tires are fine. Used my air gauge and they are OK. Swap screens and the TPMS are still reading air (and changing appropriately as they cool down). Freaking shit and quite annoying that I now have to drop it off to get looked at. I thought I could attribute the sound/feeling to a bad sensor spinning freely in the wheel because it popped off. But, now I don't now what's going on.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Some TPMs also monitor vibrations. So a wheel weight coming off can trigger them. As could the sensor popping off, if you really think that happened.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know on my Honda's TPM it actually just compares the velocity of each tire, and if one tire is different it assumes it's due to tire pressure. It's a pain in the ass actually because it gets out of calibration a lot so you don't know if its your pressure or the calibration until you go around and check each tire.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some TPMs also monitor vibrations. So a wheel weight coming off can trigger them. As could the sensor popping off, if you really think that happened.

Its going in Thursday to be checked. I'll find out. Just scary timing; curvy, undulating roads through the forest with 2 other cars chasing.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Me, a Viper T/A, and a McLaren 560 through the national forest in Montgomery. One of the only decent roads in the greater Houston area. Only fun between 50-120 mph, assuming no other cars are out, or they pull over.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
2011 s550 Mercedes.

One diagnostic. 250
One bad strut. 3000
One bad alternator. 2000
1 bad mirror blinker. 600
1 pissed off black man in Dealership? Free Chinese, and a fuckin apple.

I will own this car till I die.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user