Whats rustling your jimmies?

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Have to say after my jag. I'll miss the engine and looks but holy fuck im going back to more mass market. Maybe lexus.

Or maybe bmw will do luxury performance without so much build issues and bullshit if reasonably new.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Have to say after my jag. I'll miss the engine and looks but holy fuck im going back to more mass market. Maybe lexus.

Or maybe bmw will do luxury performance without so much build issues and bullshit if reasonably new.
Already done with your Jag? No one saw that coming!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

My next car will be a higher end Beamer.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Between my Camry, Altima, and Civic, in 22 years my biggest expense was replacing a bearing for like 200 bucks

Sludig

Already done with your Jag? No one saw that coming!
LOL aint done, and i knew they're be annoyances. But titty fucking christ it rattles worse than infamous Mercedes and had more mostly minor issues than all my prior vehicles combined.

But people do worship it far more than if I got a Gt350 which is basically same thing. Wonder how issue prone a Mustang is in comparison. Though if going American muscle I think id go camaro

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
LOL aint done, and i knew they're be annoyances. But titty fucking christ it rattles worse than infamous Mercedes and had more mostly minor issues than all my prior vehicles combined.

But people do worship it far more than if I got a Gt350 which is basically same thing. Wonder how issue prone a Mustang is in comparison. Though if going American muscle I think id go camaro

I've owned 3 S classes over the years. One I even bought new. One thing they never did was rattle. But going in you KNOW the suspension has to be replaced at around 100K. Would have gotten rid of this one prior to 100K if not for two kids in college.

Sludig

I've owned 3 S classes over the years. One I even bought new. One thing they never did was rattle. But going in you KNOW the suspension has to be replaced at around 100K. Would have gotten rid of this one prior to 100K if not for two kids in college.
Videos on newer Mercedes I've watched all had pretty squeeky rattle consoles. Less an issue driving just when touched or driving a bit aggressive enough to flex the car a lil.

Fucker

Log Wizard

Just wait until you get your first 5 figure clunk that needs to be fixed. :eek:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Videos on newer Mercedes I've watched all had pretty squeeky rattle consoles. Less an issue driving just when touched or driving a bit aggressive enough to flex the car a lil.

Must be lower end classes. Even at 10 years old my car has one noise. The damn head rest, if up too high vibrates too much to my liking. Nothing else I can notice. BUT my car looks showroom clean even now. Don't get me wrong. I've had a squeaky timing belt. A couple clicking noises due to suspension. But interior? Still cuts out the outside noise like magic.

Sludig

Just wait until you get your first 5 figure clunk that needs to be fixed. :eek:
I do intend to sell before 70k miles I'll admit that much and fingers crossed before then. Most of the more common serious problems on the F specifically seem more manageable especially with aggressive preventative, but there are flukes and I don't going to try to drive it till it's dead that's for sure.

Hell if i had a decent spare car id almost all it in current market for 10k more than i bought it for

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Between my Camry, Altima, and Civic, in 22 years my biggest expense was replacing a bearing for like 200 bucks
In my 21 year old truck I've still spent less in maintenance than the initial cost. I kept records. It needs a new computer now and that might push it over the edge. Tires have been the biggest expense by a long shot. But mechanically the biggest cost was almost a grand to rebuild the tranny.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My next car will be a higher end Beamer.

Don't do it. They are all ugly as sin now and you will not want to own one past year 4 (from new). I got out of all of mine before the warranty. And I say this because you seem to keep your cars for a while. If you want luxury and reliability, go Lexus. If you must have German, stick with an S Class. The lower end Mercs don't have the same build quality. Audi is in the middle somewhere; look good, luxurious, but not the best all-around reliability and the costs to maintain are crap.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Don't do it. They are all ugly as sin now and you will not want to own one past year 4 (from new).

Wut? Nothing says luxury like automotive gingivitis.

ytu.jpg

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its a real shame. I've had 4 "M" cars over the years and loved them all. But, this new generation is just awful. Their 7 series and X5/7 are just as bad. Love that green though.

Sludig

I have no taste so i kinda like the obnoxious new grills even if they look like a rifter from eve.

For me its not the luxury but the performance that is a leap beyond most jdm and other 30k affordable sporty cars.

My old volkswagen r32 was about as nice of an interior that I demand. Comfy well bolstered seat, cooled seats, and mostly physical controls not touch screen crap is the only big things. I'm happy with soft rubber dash instead of leather, though it's nice to land in the middle above full cheap hard plastic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GTi (and the R variants) have all been great cars. Plenty of performance, comfort, tech, and practicality. Would be a top 3 choice for me if I had to move to Europe.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I have no taste so i kinda like the obnoxious new grills even if they look like a rifter from eve.

For me its not the luxury but the performance that is a leap beyond most jdm and other 30k affordable sporty cars.

My old volkswagen r32 was about as nice of an interior that I demand. Comfy well bolstered seat, cooled seats, and mostly physical controls not touch screen crap is the only big things. I'm happy with soft rubber dash instead of leather, though it's nice to land in the middle above full cheap hard plastic.
Where do you drive that you need performance? Here, the traffic is so bad that the average MPH on my 911 didn't hit 30 excluding the single trip that I got to wring its neck.

Sludig

Where do you drive that you need performance? Here, the traffic is so bad that the average MPH on my 911 didn't hit 30 excluding the single trip that I got to wring its neck.
I commute up and down a highway and often at empty hours in the morning. So i like getting down the on ramp doing 120 and bullying left lane campers. 550 hp I find makes for more opportunities to cut thru traffic than my slower 6 second cars. Also the town was kind enough to build me a 1 1/4 mile drag strip right by my house accessing the frontage road.

I rarely go but we have mountain twisties or not far from stone wide open Wyoming highway if i want to test the 186mph top speed.

Though to further this vehicle derail, I am looking to get a paramotor next year and commute a couple times just to amuse my coworkers.