Whats rustling your jimmies?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let dogs out around 10:15 pm before bed. There's a skunk in the yard and they both mangle it within 10 seconds. Perfect fucking timing as my wife has a 6am flight the next day and I have an early meeting as well.

Whole yard stinks. House stinks (even though they never came inside) and the garage will absolutely reek because they are spending the night there.

It doesn't seem like washing them did anything and the constant smell is making me sick.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Everyone in my dentists office is pretty anti-woke, including the dentist. And not shy about saying so.

Dentist was talking to his tech while I was getting a filling, saying they're going to have to replace the front desk girl because she won't get vaccinated. I guilt tripped him about it and told him to tell the governor to drown in a bucket of dicks. Then I had to listen to his 10 minute explanation about why everyone should get it, to which he finished off with "personally I think they should just put it in the drinking water. Fuck it". His tech just said "well the rest of us are on [bandwagon's] side".

• 1Harrow
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Ahhh EZ Pass. This one's a long rant, I apologize in advance.

Took a trip in June. For some reason, my valid EZ Pass just doesn't work in Delaware it seems, this has been going on for like decades, different cars, different transponders. I suspect Delaware is padding their budget with extra EZ Pass fees for decades. Check out this gem in one of several 1$ toll booths that didn't 'see' my EZ Pass:

EZ.jpg

Not scammy at all! You don't get to call and get it fixed, or do it online, because EZ Pass, while having a monopoly on toll booths *everywhere*, apparently cant or wont help adjacent states. So you have to use snail mail. Fun.

I played their game, stuffed an envelope with both violations, check for 2$ which was cashed. Month later I got 2 envelopes, 1 said that violation was good to go! The other, with the exact same issue, said sorry, you now owe 80$. What a fuckin scam.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
The school buses here will not let a kid off the bus without an adult coming to get them. They will hold up traffic forever until the dumbass finally notices the bus outside.

Even worse is that they stop at every goddamn house, backing up traffic more and more. Back in my day the buses stopped every few blocks to pick you up if you were lucky enough to live far enough away to qualify to ride it.
That's crazy. We all had to walk to out stops, and most of them were far away. I walked a mile each way to the stop, and in the dead dark of winter. I don't recall it bothering me. Kids today are too soft.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Amazon’s fucking wasteful ass packaging. I try to avoid shopping at Amazon if I can and always check for local places that stock what I’m looking for first, but sometimes have to fall back on them. Box I got today was one of the more egregious ones I’ve gotten.

45AFF410-B371-4A9C-8D00-A38147CC43AA.jpeg

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just realized today, after over 15 years of marriage... Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus doesn't consider ConAir an American Cinematic Treasure.

• 3Worf
  • 2Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Amazon’s fucking wasteful ass packaging. I try to avoid shopping at Amazon if I can and always check for local places that stock what I’m looking for first, but sometimes have to fall back on them. Box I got today was one of the more egregious ones I’ve gotten.

View attachment 376491
I do not get this whole business model. From Amazon to Fedex, UPSP, and UPS, there's inefficiency everywhere. I want less boxes and packing material. I want delivery guys showing up at my house less often. Most of the shit my wife orders is not important nor time sensitive. It could get here 2 days to 2 weeks to 2 months from now. On top of that, a good chunk of it is monthly staples like cat food or meds, so the order consistency is high.

Look at my order history and suggest some cost saving shit that might add some delays. What's the point of analytics and invasions of privacy if you're not going to use it?

I have no proof, but I'm willing to bet the packaging involved with shipping to local stores is comparably wasteful.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just realized today, after over 15 years of marriage... Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus doesn't consider ConAir an American Cinematic Treasure.
Well, she has left you no choice...

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The last box I got from amazon was lopsided. At first sight I thought it had been crushed. My wife said it was one of the boxes they are making themselves at the warehouse to save on packaging. OK great. But then why was the box still 10x bigger than it needed to be? If you have to put filler in, the box is too big. What's the point of making your own lopsided oversized boxes exactly?

Big P they do encourage you to group the orders but I stopped doing that for 2 reasons. #1 I picked saturday as my delivery day for dog food because we were going to be out of town that week. Then I got an email saying "Good news we're delivering your order early so the neighborhood dogs can get a crack at the food for 2 days". So seriously, fuck them and their delivery day. I don't think anything I ordered to be delivered on my delivery day actually showed up on the day. #2 they don't offer worthwhile incentives to use the slower shipping. $1 credit on emusic? The fuck is emusic? Isn't that the shit I get for free? How do you take a dollar off of free? Send me a picture of Bezo's ex wife nekkid and we'll talk.

• 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
The last box I got from amazon was lopsided. At first sight I thought it had been crushed. My wife said it was one of the boxes they are making themselves at the warehouse to save on packaging. OK great. But then why was the box still 10x bigger than it needed to be? If you have to put filler in, the box is too big. What's the point of making your own lopsided oversized boxes exactly?

Big P they do encourage you to group the orders but I stopped doing that for 2 reasons. #1 I picked saturday as my delivery day for dog food because we were going to be out of town that week. Then I got an email saying "Good news we're delivering your order early so the neighborhood dogs can get a crack at the food for 2 days". So seriously, fuck them and their delivery day. I don't think anything I ordered to be delivered on my delivery day actually showed up on the day. #2 they don't offer worthwhile incentives to use the slower shipping. $1 credit on emusic? The fuck is emusic? Isn't that the shit I get for free? How do you take a dollar off of free? Send me a picture of Bezo's ex wife nekkid and we'll talk.
They got smart and outsourced their shipping losses. All those Prime delivery trucks are run by privately owned businesses, not Amazon. Amazon even sells them the trucks and the infrastructure to run the business...and nearly all those companies lose money on the deal. Smart move on Amazon's part, and that's why they DGAF what size their boxes are. They used to pack orders in one box, now they come in however many boxes it takes to get the order out quickly. Why not? It isn't their own money they are burning.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
They got smart and outsourced their shipping losses. All those Prime delivery trucks are run by privately owned businesses, not Amazon. Amazon even sells them the trucks and the infrastructure to run the business...and nearly all those companies lose money on the deal. Smart move on Amazon's part, and that's why they DGAF what size their boxes are. They used to pack orders in one box, now they come in however many boxes it takes to get the order out quickly. Why not? It isn't their own money they are burning.

Are they losing money? Damn. I remember the first one I saw it was just a couple in a white sprinter van. I chatted with them a little and they were renting the van from uhaul on the weekends and doing quite well.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I mean, it sounds like Uber or Lyft, dont those drivers lose money on average (upkeep/gas/etc) while a few drivers actually do well?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
OK, my rant for the day. Fuck any profession who sets the price after the work is completed and fuck every single person working in those professions.

Three times in the past 2 years I've hired a guy to do some work at my place. In each case I carefully get multiple quotes from different companies.

In each case the mother fuckers show up after the job is done with a bill that is easily full 30% more than the quote. Fuck you right in the asshole for putting me in this spot. Now I can either nickle and dime a small businessman, knowing full well its just gonna come out of his employee's hourly wages instead of his own bottom line. Or I can let this mouth breather walk all over me and laugh about his fat bonus as he drives away.

Seriously, fuck you right in the ass.

I swear to god. Next time, the minute they give me the estimate I'm writing the check on the spot. Showing them the check. And saying "here is the check you're getting when the job is finished. "

cunts

Fucker

Log Wizard
I mean, it sounds like Uber or Lyft, dont those drivers lose money on average (upkeep/gas/etc) while a few drivers actually do well?
I have no clue, but I've been riding in them a lot lately, and quite a few drivers have 5000 trips. They must be pulling in at least enough cash to get by.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>

I have trouble believing that because it would require all of the drivers to be blistering retards. Maybe the people saying that are adding in costs that the driver was paying anyway, like insurance. The only way that can be true is if there is constantly a new crop of drivers. Like even if you mathed wrong and didn't realize you'd lose money, after a few paychecks you'd have to see that you have less money than when you started. I don't use them enough to know if the drivers hang around for long.

It's slightly more believeable with amazon if it's companies running those trucks who might be using it to get in elsewhere. Or if the people renting the trucks were locked into a long term contract.

OK, my rant for the day. Fuck any profession who sets the price after the work is completed and fuck every single person working in those professions.

Three times in the past 2 years I've hired a guy to do some work at my place. In each case I carefully get multiple quotes from different companies.

In each case the mother fuckers show up after the job is done with a bill that is easily full 30% more than the quote. Fuck you right in the asshole for putting me in this spot. Now I can either nickle and dime a small businessman, knowing full well its just gonna come out of his employee's hourly wages instead of his own bottom line. Or I can let this mouth breather walk all over me and laugh about his fat bonus as he drives away.

Seriously, fuck you right in the ass.

I swear to god. Next time, the minute they give me the estimate I'm writing the check on the spot. Showing them the check. And saying "here is the check you're getting when the job is finished. "

cunts

Quotes or estimates? You're a pussy if you're letting them increase a quote without your prior consent. I can see that with estimates.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Quotes or estimates? You're a pussy if you're letting them increase a quote without your prior consent. I can see that with estimates.
Is the distinction you're making based on whether it was written or not? None of them have provided written quotes ahead of time. Just verbal "I will do this job for X$".

First a concrete guy, then an electrician, then a fence guy. it appears to be the standard scam: underbid to get the job then overcharge when its finished. I'm retarded because even after it happened once I was like cmon, no way the next guy will be just as slimy.

And I guess ultimately thats my rant. I'm a slow fucking learner. It took me about 45 years of experience on this planet to finally realize that (effectively) 100% of people are trying to rip you off, 100% of the time.

First time it happened, I had considered the guy a friend of the family until he did that, I just paid him. Second time, I pushed back and got it knocked back down to only 10% above the agreed upon price. This time, I'm pushing back but havent resolved it yet. Its just fucked up that I have to push back. Why do people have to be so fucking dishonest all the time?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Is the distinction you're making based on whether it was written or not? None of them have provided written quotes ahead of time. Just verbal "I will do this job for X$".

First a concrete guy, then an electrician, then a fence guy. it appears to be the standard scam: underbid to get the job then overcharge when its finished. I'm retarded because even after it happened once I was like cmon, no way the next guy will be just as slimy.

And I guess ultimately thats my rant. I'm a slow fucking learner. It took me about 45 years of experience on this planet to finally realize that (effectively) 100% of people are trying to rip you off, 100% of the time.

First time it happened, I had considered the guy a friend of the family until he did that, I just paid him. Second time, I pushed back and got it knocked back down to only 10% above the agreed upon price. This time, I'm pushing back but havent resolved it yet. Its just fucked up that I have to push back. Why do people have to be so fucking dishonest all the time?

Estimates can be written too. The distinction is that quotes are firm, estimates are not. If they give you a quote, it should be a firm price. But if it wasn't in writing then it's not much of a quote. Be sure what you're getting when you deal with contractors. I'm trying to build a shop and I can't even get estimates from people because they're afraid to write anything down without doing the research needed for it to be a form quote. Probably because they deal with too many people who don't know the difference.

A quote will also have an expiration date if any materials are being bought.

Last edited: