Whats rustling your jimmies?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You're a big softie slug, but your wife isn't having a shitty time if she's looking forward to a Lego Titanic set for Christmas.
35 and still not knocked up and I suspect never will without over the top intervention. So yeah, I think it qualifies her for existential crisis.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
OysrJOMz.jpeg

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If you ask someone "Hey, How's it going?" and they reply with "Good, You?", that is not an invitation to complain about your sleep, stomach issues, grandma with dementia, etc.

The next person that interrupts what SHOULD be a 45 second trip to a coffee pot with a 5 minute story about everything that sucked about their weekend is going to get hit in the face with a full coffee pot.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Harrow
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you ask someone "Hey, How's it going?" and they reply with "Good, You?", that is not an invitation to complain about your sleep, stomach issues, grandma with dementia, etc.

The next person that interrupts what SHOULD be a 45 second trip to a coffee pot with a 5 minute story about everything that sucked about their weekend is going to get hit in the face with a full coffee pot.
I hate even being asked that. It's why I prefer a simple " Mornin".

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Morning rustle #2 - I'm fighting with one of my neighbors/former boss/fire chief about my southern property line because I want to put up a fence and he thinks his lot is 50ft wider than what his deed actually says (and mine is 50ft shorter, apparently, since he owns some property on the other side too). He was talking shit back in August when he was walking out to his car and I was connecting my sprinklers by the well house. After about 2 minutes of arguing with him, I cut him off mid sentence and said "You need to shut up and get your fat ass in your fucking car", then I turned on the water and walked the other direction. The next day, 2 people texted me and said "Did you tell [neighbor] you were going to kill him yesterday?!". This is particularly annoying to me because the guy is a well known bullshitter/liar and EVERYONE that's known him for longer than a week knows this 100%.

So anyways, I had a few cops and a bunch of EMTs, Medics & Doctors over at my house for the UFC party over the weekend, along with 2 coworkers at my current job. Everyone was retelling & laughing at that story and the ongoing argument between us. Half the people there *have* heard me say stuff like "I'm going to whip him with a car antenna in the parking lot" and "I'm going to hide around the corner and kick him in his bad knee when he walks out of the fire station", but I'm at least 61% sure I've never threatened to kill the guy. Anyways, my coworkers were just sitting there listening all wide-eyed while watching the most violent sport on TV.

First thing I see when I get into the office this morning is a Teams message from one of them that says:

[11/8/2021 7:08 AM]
Morning! Can I get an ETA on the imagery for Rosin...if it's not going to throw you into a homicidal rage? :)

Not worried about these 2 country boy shitbirds joking around, but I don't exactly want that reputation at work when over half of our staff are sensitive little lefty zoomers in Portland.

• 2Worf
  • 1Harrow

Fucker

Log Wizard
Morning rustle #2 - I'm fighting with one of my neighbors/former boss/fire chief about my southern property line because I want to put up a fence and he thinks his lot is 50ft wider than what his deed actually says (and mine is 50ft shorter, apparently, since he owns some property on the other side too). He was talking shit back in August when he was walking out to his car and I was connecting my sprinklers by the well house. After about 2 minutes of arguing with him, I cut him off mid sentence and said "You need to shut up and get your fat ass in your fucking car", then I turned on the water and walked the other direction. The next day, 2 people texted me and said "Did you tell [neighbor] you were going to kill him yesterday?!". This is particularly annoying to me because the guy is a well known bullshitter/liar and EVERYONE that's known him for longer than a week knows this 100%.

So anyways, I had a few cops and a bunch of EMTs, Medics & Doctors over at my house for the UFC party over the weekend, along with 2 coworkers at my current job. Everyone was retelling & laughing at that story and the ongoing argument between us. Half the people there *have* heard me say stuff like "I'm going to whip him with a car antenna in the parking lot" and "I'm going to hide around the corner and kick him in his bad knee when he walks out of the fire station", but I'm at least 61% sure I've never threatened to kill the guy. Anyways, my coworkers were just sitting there listening all wide-eyed while watching the most violent sport on TV.

First thing I see when I get into the office this morning is a Teams message from one of them that says:

[11/8/2021 7:08 AM]
Morning! Can I get an ETA on the imagery for Rosin...if it's not going to throw you into a homicidal rage? :)

Not worried about these 2 country boy shitbirds joking around, but I don't exactly want that reputation at work when over half of our staff are sensitive little lefty zoomers in Portland.
There was an old tech guy at a place I worked at. Disheveled and everyone thought he was borderline nuts....an image he cultivated. Never shaved or combed his hair or tucked in his clothes. They put him on night shift and he spent a few decades fixing old com equipment by himself.

Day of his retirement, he came in neat as a fucking pin. Haircut, shave, pressed clothes...washed truck...the works. He said he acted odd so he wouldn't have to talk to people and wanted to be left alone to work. One of the best long cons I have seen. That guy could fix anything electronic, and that's why they kept him on.

If you've seen the movie Red, you know who I am talking about.

ert.gif

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Cultural thing I think, in some places (particularly if said in a break room at the office) that might be seen as an invitation for some banter. In my country it'd only be seen that way, which caused me no end of confusion when supermarket cashiers kept asking me how I was doing when I visited the US. Thought I had something on my face or that they were coming on to me at first.

We stick to "morning" if we don't want to chat.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
There was an old tech guy at a place I worked at. Disheveled and everyone thought he was borderline nuts....an image he cultivated. Never shaved or combed his hair or tucked in his clothes. They put him on night shift and he spent a few decades fixing old com equipment by himself.

Day of his retirement, he came in neat as a fucking pin. Haircut, shave, pressed clothes...washed truck...the works. He said he acted odd so he wouldn't have to talk to people and wanted to be left alone to work. One of the best long cons I have seen. That guy could fix anything electronic, and that's why they kept him on.

If you've seen the movie Red, you know who I am talking about.

View attachment 381169
hahaha, I've kind of cultivated something like that too, I guess. I'm obsessive about time, schedule and efficiency so most coworkers know that I'm in kind of an "ain't nobody got time for that" mindset all of the time. I really am like that to a certain degree, but I sure as shit play it up with the annoying people that have to engage in a 20 minute conversation every single fucking time you walk past them.

Most of the time I feel guilty about it because I know it's mostly a character flaw on my end where I just get annoyed af about whiny or frivolous chit chat. I've had a heart-to-heart with two of our newer people about it over the last year. Both of them are super nerd zoomers that are constantly doing weird impressions and arguing about vampires or pegasus vs unicorns, etc. They both think/thought that I hated them because they'd poke their head in my office to ask a question, but start out with something like "TOP OF THE MORNIN' TO YA, GOV'NAH!" or " 'scuse me, m'lord, might ye have a moment....". Weird shit like that. I just tell them that I'm wildly impatient and always have a schedule in my head that i'm OCD as fuck about and not to worry about my irritation or being impatient (but still....get to the fucking point). I do feel bad about that all the time because they're good guys, but come on.....meet me in the middle you fucking nerds.

Our other offices see that trait x10 because every time I go out of town, I'm trying to make sure that I get home before my daughter goes to bed. So when I go to Seattle, it's 10 hours of driving round trip, plus however much work I have to do while I'm there. I'm aiming to be in the car and headed home by 2:15pm at the absolute latest and I'll start cracking the fucking whip if people are fucking around to the point where it's going to push me past 2:15.

• 1Like
  • 1Harrow

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone elses parents get more bitchy in their old age? My mom has developed this trait where she gets very frustrated with you if you dont answer her call or call her back right away if you miss her call. Shell call for some completely unimportant reason(hey did you want some milk at the store?) in the grand scheme of things and when I dont answer the phone she acts like I missed her calling from her death bed in the hospital.

• 3Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone elses parents get more bitchy in their old age? My mom has developed this trait where she gets very frustrated with you if you dont answer her call or call her back right away if you miss her call. Shell call for some completely unimportant reason(hey did you want some milk at the store?) in the grand scheme of things and when I dont answer the phone she acts like I missed her calling from her death bed in the hospital.
This is a common change as aging and memory issues start kicking in.

• 2Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Cut your mom some slack, no one wants to be found days later with their face half-eaten by the cat when they have a vaccine-induced cardiac event.

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 11-11-39 LIFE ALERT official website - I've fallen and I can't get up ®.png

Get her one of these for Christmas.

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Cut your mom some slack, no one wants to be found days later with their face half-eaten by the cat when they have a vaccine-induced cardiac event.
Jimmy rustling thing is this hasnt come close to happening. Shes had a number of medical issues over the past few years and whenever theyve happened I was always there able to answer my phone and drive her to the hospital or doctors office.

This latest rant of hearing her say no one cares about her and everyones selfish is because she called me while I was out watching Dune. Naturally my phone is on silent and I dont answer phone calls during movies so I didnt call her back for 2 hours. The reason she called me is she wanted to know if I wanted something from the grocery store that was on sale.

Its just wtf man. I do get my sister is a big dick about this issue, she wont return my mom's calls for over a day sometimes but Im never like that.

• 2Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Jimmy rustling thing is this hasnt come close to happening. Shes had a number of medical issues over the past few years and whenever theyve happened I was always there able to answer my phone and drive her to the hospital or doctors office.

This latest rant of hearing her say no one cares about her and everyones selfish is because she called me while I was out watching Dune. Naturally my phone is on silent and I dont answer phone calls during movies so I didnt call her back for 2 hours. The reason she called me is she wanted to know if I wanted something from the grocery store that was on sale.

Its just wtf man. I do get my sister is a big dick about this issue, she wont return my mom's calls for over a day sometimes but Im never like that.
Bro read this book, it is short and will provide you with a new perspective. I can guarantee you already know everything in this book but you just have never seen it framed this way. Worth a few hours to knock it out, the Audio version is solid as well.

1636398874074.png

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Meh, don't worry about it. I haven't answered the phone or called mine back in eleven years. Don't have any plans to, either.

• 2Worf
  • 1Wow!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Texting people and getting phone calls in response. If I wanted a phone call, that's what I'm starting off with. Somewhat related to the thread's conversation and a certain age group...

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Texting people and getting phone calls in response. If I wanted a phone call, that's what I'm starting off with. Somewhat related to the thread's conversation and a certain age group...

Someone who knows I'm in car and CANNOT text, but does so anyway - multiple times.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I don't know why, in $Current_Year, my phone can't be set to auto-block any text I get from a fucking email address. In my whole life I've gotten 2 legitimate texts from an email. Once was a buddy showing me how to do it and the other was from an automated system that, while it was legit, I wouldn't have cared if I missed it. Both were nearly 20 years ago.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
A few years back I bought a bunch of Netgear Arlo cameras to use around the house. They work ok and I haven't had any real issues other than occasionally needing to reboot them. I don't subscribe to their premium service as I've never needed the extra features. After a recent firmware update, my cameras have been alerting a lot. I found out that my activity (motion) zones have disappeared and I have no option to add them back. So now shadows moving here and there trigger them. I tried to reach out to support online only to be greeted with a message that support is now for subscribing customers only. So I go to the Arlo community page and find out that the ability to setup activity zones is now a subscriber only service, they just removed it from people who aren't subscribed. That's some sketchy shit. You could remove it going forward but to just blanket remove it from everyone who has had a feature for years rustles my jimmies.

P.S. I have contacted their support once before a while back and it was painful as fuck. Their call center is literally dudes in India reading a script. You can tell them the obvious error message and clearly what the problem is and they have you go through their canned troubleshooting process start to finish.

• 4Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Don't do firmware upgrades unless you need to. Same with updating apps on my phone.