Whats rustling your jimmies?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
We were over at the Goldberg's (house).
You did this just to fuck with me but thats what this place is for.

No, goddamit, its "Over at the Goldbergs". The phrase refers to the family called Goldbergs, not their house. Since Goldbergs is a plural (not a possessive) it does not get an apostrophe.

I do enjoy that your post in which you defended making a grammatical error began with the implication that you had learned English better than native English speakers. That was good stuff.

I will concede that if for some unusual reason you were actually referring to the house rather than the family your usage would be correct. e.g. after the zombie apocalypse when you are looting houses for food it would be appropriate to say you got this can from the Goldberg's. But if you're talking about the family, its the Goldbergs.

• 1Worf
  • 1Harrow
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fucking shipping and retailers who try and make up their bait and switch prices with shipping.

Was in the process of buying 8 rifle magazines and get to the shipping options;

1638373678708.png

Fuck you.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
nevermind the entitled idiots manning starbucks counters or the twitter crowd that thinks its worth discussing

I want to put a bullet in the head of anyone who normalizes shit tier urban slang like this. "Puts customers on blast?"

Fuck you in the actual ear canal

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
HOA.

Fuckers raise the fees for a year and just say it's "due to inflation".

jimmy rustles like this tickle my pickle because my POA is optional and I optionaled the fuck out. I do still go to the meetings to keep up with them because one year they tried to change the deed restrictions and make the poa mandatory.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
You did this just to fuck with me but thats what this place is for.

No, goddamit, its "Over at the Goldbergs". The phrase refers to the family called Goldbergs, not their house. Since Goldbergs is a plural (not a possessive) it does not get an apostrophe.

I do enjoy that your post in which you defended making a grammatical error began with the implication that you had learned English better than native English speakers. That was good stuff.

I will concede that if for some unusual reason you were actually referring to the house rather than the family your usage would be correct. e.g. after the zombie apocalypse when you are looting houses for food it would be appropriate to say you got this can from the Goldberg's. But if you're talking about the family, its the Goldbergs.

goddammit you managed to both be fucking wrong. It's the Goldbergs' house because there's more than one goldberg and the house belongs to them. It's plural and possessive.

You're wrong because he actually wrote house in the sentence. Even if it was parenthetical it shows that was the intended subject.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking shipping and retailers who try and make up their bait and switch prices with shipping.

Was in the process of buying 8 rifle magazines and get to the shipping options;

View attachment 385367

Fuck you.

Have some brass coming. UPS keeps changing the delivery date, day after day after day. Why is it sitting in their distribution center 10 miles away? Are they legally required to sandbag, or are they being shitty?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Have some brass coming. UPS keeps changing the delivery date, day after day after day. Why is it sitting in their distribution center 10 miles away? Are they legally required to sandbag, or are they being shitty?

I know this is just my area, but they might be short on drivers for peak season…

B1721392-7C65-495D-8FD5-F6F6482C3357.jpeg

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Damn. I'd do that shit on weekends. And it's available in my area too. Thanks for the tip!
You would be getting the routes down MLK boulevard and George Floyd square. You will be robbed and beaten at least once by the end of December.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Shit, that's really good pay for a completely unskilled job.
They'll still do a shit job and then wonder why everything is a lot more expensive than a year ago. Gimme a livable wage! The market's response:

38716268810_6db4eb1614_b.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
You would be getting the routes down MLK boulevard and George Floyd square. You will be robbed and beaten at least once by the end of December.

They might try.

No but seriously my parents moved us out of the ghetto when I was a kid. It's like 2% blacks around here. I'd only have to worry about white trash meth heads, and lets face it, even they are less likely to rob a delivery guy.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Speaking of shitty shipping. I ordered a Xmas tree on JoAnn's website. It's been 4 days since I ordered and they haven't even started processing the order. I do the online chat and I'm told it can take 5 business days to process the order then 10 business days to ship. Fuckers want to take 3 weeks to ship my tree. I tell them I want to cancel then and they say there is no modifying or cancelling orders. Fucking terrible business.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking of shitty shipping. I ordered a Xmas tree on JoAnn's website. It's been 4 days since I ordered and they haven't even started processing the order. I do the online chat and I'm told it can take 5 business days to process the order then 10 business days to ship. Fuckers want to take 3 weeks to ship my tree. I tell them I want to cancel then and they say there is no modifying or cancelling orders. Fucking terrible business.

Call your card company and stop the money.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Call your card company and stop the money.
I tried. My cc company said since the charge is still pending nothing can be done till the charge actually goes through. It has been pending for days since they haven't processed the order yet. Really annoying.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
FedEx giving estimated delivery dates for the weekend, when they don't deliver on the fucking weekend.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I got one from National Tree Company on Amazon. It is a pretty good tree.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I deeply loathe how consumerism has seeped into every crevice of our existence.

Epic Games. If you quit a game launched from the Epic Games launcher, what does it do? It brings up the Epic Games browser and loads the store page.

Fuck you retarded brain dead consoomers. You cant go two fucking seconds using anything connected to the internet without being blasted with ads to buy useless retarded bullshit.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users