Whats rustling your jimmies?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
LOL. Apparently not! My haircut/beard trim used to cost 15 bucks. Tip was...15 bucks. (Now I am bald). So 30 bucks a cut. How much we talking your peeps pay for a cut. Genuinely curious.
Do you tip your barber for rubbing lotion on your bald head then?
read drag race GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• 3Worf
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
LOL. I shave my head myself.
So what you paying for, just a beard trim? Seems like a waste, I keep that trimmed myself, shave my neck every day or every other day, trim beard down once a week. My head shave is 3-4 weeks.

No way in hell I could spend $120 a month after going so long for basically free.

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So what you paying for, just a beard trim? Seems like a waste, I keep that trimmed myself, shave my neck every day or every other day, trim beard down once a week. My head shave is 3-4 weeks.

No way in hell I could spend $120 a month after going so long for basically free

Nah. I no longer go to the barber. I can shave myself pretty well.

• 1Harrow

Fucker

Log Wizard
Tip your barber man!! Remember barbers have to pay for "rent" for that chair.
Correct. I look at them like they are on crack.
Buffet? Who is there to tip? Again, look at them like they are on crack.
I have an issue with this also. This is a recent trend in the last few years. Unless the service is five star you get what I want to give.
Ya, I don't get this one either. WTF is the delivery charge for? I do tip though if it's a shitty night in New England. Like Blizzard type shit.
Not sure what you mean with Pizza Inn
Local supermarket has a delivery charge on top of the $99/yr delivery service fee. They have workers whose job it is to shop delivery orders. Place where I moved from just had the $99/yr delivery charge and I am sure they lost their ass on my account.

• 1Harrow

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Local supermarket has a delivery charge on top of the $99/yr delivery service fee. They have workers whose job it is to shop delivery orders. Place where I moved from just had the $99/yr delivery charge and I am sure they lost their ass on my account.
Ours was nice, it was just a subscription, you could tip on top of it. Then they changed it to an automated 15% tip, plus sub, plus fees. It started out we saved a lot of money each month cause we stopped grabbing random shit off the shelf. Now it costs more probably.

• 1Harrow

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Tipping for what?
What the actual fuck do they do to expect a tip?
god damn tipping scam bullshit.

What pisses me off about this is that if they consider those people tipped employees (or whatever the legal definition is) they can fuck them over and give them 2 bucks an hour. So tip them if you fucking hate them. Or don't tip if you want to do them a favor.

Trash day was Friday. Neighbor over filled the trash can. Garbageman uses hydraulic truck to empty trash cans. Whatever falls out falls out. Moves to next house. Needless to say, trash all over the damn street, and in front of my house. I am sweeping the damn street in 20 degree temps. I start to sweep in front of my neighbors house. She is irate that I am seeing what was in her garbage! I calmly tell her she needs to not fill the trash can so much. Pay for the city bags for "extra" garbage, and I won't have to do this. PLUS it was close to sunset. Garbage was picked up at noon. Do I wait for YOU to do it? Or you know, clean my fuckin neighborhood? The one your cheap lazy ass made a mess in. I ignored her. Cleaned up her mess.

And this bitch painted her shutters bright yellow. FUCKIN yellow! Her house was already the worst on the street. Now with yellow shutters.

Now I wanna know what was in her garbage that she was afraid to let you see. Go dumpster diving tonight.

• 1Harrow

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
That's where you're wrong, kiddo. They always have something to hide.

• 1Harrow

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I go to the barber twice a month. Beard trim, hair cut, eyebrows, and straight edge shave followed by hot towels and face/head massage. It's the one indulgence I allow myself. I always feel like a million bucks when I'm done. He won't take more than $25 from me for it, which is ridiculous, but he says that's the price for long term customers. Takes a half hour, pretty good value. I always send him a Christmas gift card to his favourite restaurant for $150. He always notices and appreciates it.

• 1Harrow

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Tip your barber man!! Remember barbers have to pay for "rent" for that chair.
The rent for the chair should be included in the basic price for a cut. Its not magically appearing from nowhere and come as a suprise to the barber.

Never understood the US tipping system, a tip is for superior service and/or an excellent attitude. Taking that as a given perk is stupid, im a customer not a parttime employer who is here to chip in for the staffs salary.

• 2Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The rent for the chair should be included in the basic price for a cut. Its not magically appearing from nowhere and come as a suprise to the barber.

Never understood the US tipping system, a tip is for superior service and/or an excellent attitude. Taking that as a given perk is stupid, im a customer not a parttime employer who is here to chip in for the staffs salary.

Yeah, doesn't really work like that unfortunately. My barber had to pay 500 a week on his chair. The owner of the shop gets his 1st. Hair cut is 20 bucks, just to keep the numbers easy. He gets 10 cuts that day, he paid 200 toward his chair for the week, that day. He keeps his tips. Remember there are only 2 maybe 3 good days in a barber shop. So 600 lets say was made. He pockets 100 on the shops dime. Rest off tips.

My barber was pretty much the best barber in the area, so he made out very well. New barbers, and "OK" barbers not so much. Those tips mean a lot.

I do agree that tipping should be for the quality of the service provided.

• 1Harrow