Whats rustling your jimmies?

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
sorta of an update on this
neighbor and his brother in-law (who rents a house up the street) seem to be the core of the MC revival. apparently it was a local thing 70's to late 80's with over 100 members. neighbor has detached 2 car garage where they store both their bikes.
about 3 weeks ago, i am out in the yard piddling around, brother in-law is out in their yard talking loud on the phone, about someone has heat on them and someone is locked up, they need to come over and help him do something. 2 normalish looking guys show up, they all go to the garage and brother in-law takes off on his bike, they shut the door and leave. next day, see the bike parked in his yard up the street and that was last time saw it. i have not seen him either, but another neighbor said that had seen him recently.
my neighbor, had 2 harleys and dirt bike. at some point, one of the harley went away and he loaded the dirt bike up and it is gone now. not 100% he is still living in the house full time, see his family come and go, but his truck is there randomly.

anyway, more on point of this thread, he has not mowed all his yard in 3-4 weeks. someone mowed some of it about 3 weeks ago, but stopped and left the riding mower, gas can and weedeater in the middle of the yard.
Sorry but I lol'd at that ending. I was reading intently waiting for some mc turf war to start out in your street but it cuts to "anyway, he hasn't cut his grass in a few weeks".

I feel you though, if you live in any kind of community these days there's always someone who just doesn't give a hoot about maintaining their property. I'm sure all neighbors talk about each others properties behind each others backs lol. It's like The Burbs.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
anyway, more on point of this thread, he has not mowed all his yard in 3-4 weeks. someone mowed some of it about 3 weeks ago, but stopped and left the riding mower, gas can and weedeater in the middle of the yard.

My advice is to go cut his grass for him. If he's a 1%er, you definitely want him to think of you as a good guy. And what will it take? An hour of your time at most? When you see him again tell him "Hey I saw it looked like you were having trouble with your mower, so I handled it for ya. Hope ya don't mind."

Sorry but I lol'd at that ending. I was reading intently waiting for some mc turf war to start out in your street but it cuts to "anyway, he hasn't cut his grass in a few weeks".

Same here.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Moving truck companies. Prices shooting up. Penske wants 5k for a 26ft truck for a day trip to oklahoma or can do 2 16fts for like 3500 but then you have 800 miles of gas for each. Uhaul is decent with a trailer for my motorcycle but let me reserve saying equipment is unavailable and they'll call. When? Fuck if i know?. Truck or the trailer? Fuck if i know.

Wish i knew how to find an owner operator rig, because prices are approaching move company prices, but the few i talked to sketchy as fuck and i don't need to list my shit after it takes them 2 weeks to go 750 miles.

Goatface

Moving truck companies. Prices shooting up. Penske wants 5k for a 26ft truck for a day trip to oklahoma or can do 2 16fts for like 3500 but then you have 800 miles of gas for each. Uhaul is decent with a trailer for my motorcycle but let me reserve saying equipment is unavailable and they'll call. When? Fuck if i know?. Truck or the trailer? Fuck if i know.

Wish i knew how to find an owner operator rig, because prices are approaching move company prices, but the few i talked to sketchy as fuck and i don't need to list my shit after it takes them 2 weeks to go 750 miles.

do you live in a place where people are fleeing?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
do you live in a place where people are fleeing?
Apparently, by all accounts we have a huge influx of Californians etc, state is growing. But apparently many just come in and buy all new possessions or something. Penske claims hard to buy new trucks due to same shortages on civilian vehicles.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Companies that don't have 24 hour customer service. This is only rustling me because i'm getting ready to move back to the states and actually have a need to call these people.

Why the fuck do I have to stay up late as fuck to talk to "bob, from chicago" who's really buntu from bangladesh and he's only 3 hours ahead of me instead of 17 hours behind me.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Friend: hey, let's do that thing tomorrow

Me: sure, I'll rearrange my schedule to accommodate

Friend tomorrow: I totally didn't tell you, but I changed my plans, lol

Me: you mother f......

• 4Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
This week I had my first business trip since covid started that required flying. No, nothing about the flying actually rustled me. Meeting is a complete beatdown and most everybody agrees it could have just as easily been a few Zoom session, or maybe even done in email.

I fly back in on Wednesday night. Flight is delayed around 40 minutes, but nothing horrible. Streaming is working on the flight so I'm watching NHL playoffs and things are pretty nice... still no rustling....

Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus drives to pick me up at the airport. She doesn't really like driving at night to begin with, but will when needed. Picks me up at the airport (which is MAYBE 10 minutes from our house or so depending on lights). We're driving home and she stops at a light....

>BAM<

We get rear ended. Nothing massive in terms of collision, more noise than motions honestly. Seems like person behind us was late to get on the brakes and slowing down when they hit our rear bumper. Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus is pissed and moderately freaking (it's literally the first time she's ever been in a car accident). I get out to handle the exchange of insurance/dl/contact info...

Go to the car behind us, lady is driving, window is rolled down and I hear..

"I hit brake!"
then...
"No speak English."

*sigh*
I say "Insurance and license?" She hands me a printed insurance card, and says "No license"
*sigh*
I look and the insurance card... is expired. At this point I tell her "I have to call police". Call the cops. They tell us to pull out of the road and they'll send a car.

20 minutes pass and no cop... waiting.. waiting.... I exchange phone numbers with the woman and tell her I'll be in touch. My fallback in case she tries to vanish is that her front plate came off hitting us and I put it in our car.

Thoroughly rustled....

Luckily it only mildly damaged a small plastic valance piece on the bottom of my wife's bumper. A part I can replace for $75, and doesn't need to be painted. an hour after I get home an unknown number calls me. I answer. It's apparently an English speaking friend of the driver. She's asking me what they need to do, that they want to keep this from escalating because "not everybody is in the country legally...", and she needs her front plate back..heh

Every day something else happens that reminds me that Michael Douglas was the hero in Falling Down.. I swear...

Now, I am torn...
Easiest path is to blow this bullshit off, buy the $75 part, slap it on and be done...
On the other end of the spectrum is seeing what I can do about getting her and as much of her bloodline as possible deported... because.. #fuckthisshit.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
This week I had my first business trip since covid started that required flying. No, nothing about the flying actually rustled me. Meeting is a complete beatdown and most everybody agrees it could have just as easily been a few Zoom session, or maybe even done in email.

I fly back in on Wednesday night. Flight is delayed around 40 minutes, but nothing horrible. Streaming is working on the flight so I'm watching NHL playoffs and things are pretty nice... still no rustling....

Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus drives to pick me up at the airport. She doesn't really like driving at night to begin with, but will when needed. Picks me up at the airport (which is MAYBE 10 minutes from our house or so depending on lights). We're driving home and she stops at a light....

>BAM<

We get rear ended. Nothing massive in terms of collision, more noise than motions honestly. Seems like person behind us was late to get on the brakes and slowing down when they hit our rear bumper. Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus is pissed and moderately freaking (it's literally the first time she's ever been in a car accident). I get out to handle the exchange of insurance/dl/contact info...

"I hit brake!"
then...
"No speak English."

*sigh*
I say "Insurance and license?" She hands me a printed insurance card, and says "No license"
*sigh*
I look and the insurance card... is expired. At this point I tell her "I have to call police". Call the cops. They tell us to pull out of the road and they'll send a car.

20 minutes pass and no cop... waiting.. waiting.... I exchange phone numbers with the woman and tell her I'll be in touch. My fallback in case she tries to vanish is that her front plate came off hitting us and I put it in our car.

Thoroughly rustled....

Luckily it only mildly damaged a small plastic valance piece on the bottom of my wife's bumper. A part I can replace for $75, and doesn't need to be painted. an hour after I get home an unknown number calls me. I answer. It's apparently an English speaking friend of the driver. She's asking me what they need to do, that they want to keep this from escalating because "not everybody is in the country legally...", and she needs her front plate back..heh

Every day something else happens that reminds me that Michael Douglas was the hero in Falling Down.. I swear...

Now, I am torn...
Easiest path is to blow this bullshit off, buy the $75 part, slap it on and be done...
On the other end of the spectrum is seeing what I can do about getting her and as much of her bloodline as possible deported... because.. #fuckthisshit.

I don't get it. If I was in like Sweden illegally, and didn't have a license or insurance or speak the language, I would drive like a saint. It's like those idiots who do 90 in a 55 while transporting a shit tun of drugs.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't get it. If I was in like Sweden illegally, and didn't have a license or insurance or speak the language, I would drive like a saint. It's like those idiots who do 90 in a 55 while transporting a shit tun of drugs.

You make the incorrect assumption that most people are intelligent or have common sense.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser

>BAM<

"I hit brake!"
then...
"No speak English."

*sigh*
*sigh*

Thoroughly rustled....

Now, I am torn...
Think of it in terms of microbiota. If you eradicate a mild opportunistic pathogen, it creates a vacuum for less desireable and more viral pathogens. Just give them the plate back in exchange for cost + dinner and flowers for Lady Haus, get the part and fix it and be glad you live in the land of the free. Cheers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard

Woman at work got smashed hard by a guy driving too fast into a corner. Then he tried to flee the scene and his car quit, then tried to run on foot. He tried to run because he had a handful of traffic violation warrants. DWLS, no insurance...all misdemeanors including his warrants. IIRC, he bought himself a few felonies on that one because the accident fucked her up pretty good.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Where are you haus? Reporting her to ice might be considered a hate crime. They'll tack that on to the "leaving the scene of an accident", "theft of property", "Tampering with vehicle registration", and "extortion" charges and you'll be right and properly fucked.

Sevens

Log Wizard
You have pudding?
Went shopping the other day, was going to stock up my monthly supply of pudding...I allow myself sugar free pudding on Sundays only. No pistachio, no butterscotch (my favorite), No banana cream, no coconut cream, no chocolate or chocolate fudge. The ONLY pudding they had is stock was Vanilla and it wasnt even sugar free. I have gone from a junk food junkie (seriously I could finish a 12 pack of pepsi in a day) to only allowing my self one sugar free dessert a week and I cant even get it now. God damn I fucking hate Joe god damned Biden!
So a bit of an update on this rant
Can't find pudding in the stores, so I decided to check out wal-mart. com to maybe buy it on line
a 1oz box of pudding I have been buying for 1 to 1.25 dollars a box
it is 4.99 a box on line.
JFC I know its a small thing but the small things add up
we are just so fucked as a country

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Our HR lady has been here for 18 years. She's kinda sorta like the mom from American Beauty, just not as obnoxious or neurotic. She's always been a good balance between the woke & rural crowds. Pretty balanced and reasonable.

She just got fired.

We had a DEI consultant last year that did a bunch of workshops and questionnaires and shit like that. I guess a bunch of people in Portland complained about her because she's not doing enough for social justice, integrating diversity into our hiring practices, etc etc.

I can't WAIT to see who replaces her.
Just heard the reason on this. The board "....wanted to go a more progressive direction, with DEI stuff, and [hr lady] didn't want to, so I guess she kind of resigned?"

• 1Harrow
  • 1Clown World
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor

>BAM<

"I hit brake!"
then...
"No speak English."

*sigh*
*sigh*

Thoroughly rustled....

Now, I am torn...
Dallas or Tarrant County absolutely nothing will be done about it. I and friends of mine have been in similar situations and I can tell you from personal experience that it is just not worth wasting time and aggravation out of your own life. Only little bit of justice you might be able to squeeze from the situation is extracting a couple hundred $$ from her and calling it a day.