Whats rustling your jimmies?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm working in Vancouver. Saw a five guys and figured I'd stop in since I've never been here.

Bacon cheeseburger. Regular Cajun fries and drink. $21 + tip.

What the fuck?

I grew up in the restaurant business, so tipping is ingrained in to my fucking soul.

That said, I never tip fast food or take out barring some truly exceptional shit happening.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I grew up in the restaurant business, so tipping is ingrained in to my fucking soul.

That said, I never tip fast food or take out barring some truly exceptional shit happening.
$21 alone is fucking absurd for a fast food burger and fries combo. And I was the only customer in there, along with about 12 employees. 4 of which looked like inbred siblings (not exaggerating in the slightest). I'm pretty sure the place JUST had their grand opening or something, because no one knew what to do.

I can't help tipping though, even when it bugs me. I usually do 10% for stuff like that.

• 1Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
$21 alone is fucking absurd for a fast food burger and fries combo. And I was the only customer in there, along with about 12 employees. 4 of which looked like inbred siblings (not exaggerating in the slightest). I'm pretty sure the place JUST had their grand opening or something, because no one knew what to do.

I can't help tipping though, even when it bugs me. I usually do 10% for stuff like that.

Gotta break that habit. None of those people are being paid like wait staff, making a pittance + tips.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Imperial conditioning is impossible to break.

You just haven't found the proper lever yet.

latest

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Fed jacking rates another 75 bps today, further damaging the economy and getting us deeper into the recession.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only veteran(let alone one who spent a year in a combat zone) who isnt on disability at all, or even filed a claim of any sort?

Week ago talk to a friend while hes in the hospital and he mentions hes 40% disabled, $1400/month for life. Now this guy deployed to Afghanistan, got hit by a few ieds so I dont think to much of it.

Out of the blue a guy I used to work called me up. Ask him what hes been doing and he says nothing, im 100% disabled. $4800/month for life. Goes onto tell me just about everyone we worked with has some sort of disability or is working on a claim. Some of these guys never even left the States and deployed like me. From what hes said none of these dudes have like actual my leg got ran over by a forklift at work type claims, just oh this is an issue for me now in my mid 30s etc.

I honestly feel like a fucking retard here.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Am I the only veteran(let alone one who spent a year in a combat zone) who isnt on disability at all, or even filed a claim of any sort?

Week ago talk to a friend while hes in the hospital and he mentions hes 40% disabled, $1400/month for life. Now this guy deployed to Afghanistan, got hit by a few ieds so I dont think to much of it.

Out of the blue a guy I used to work called me up. Ask him what hes been doing and he says nothing, im 100% disabled. $4800/month for life. Goes onto tell me just about everyone we worked with has some sort of disability or is working on a claim. Some of these guys never even left the States and deployed like me. From what hes said none of these dudes have like actual my leg got ran over by a forklift at work type claims, just oh this is an issue for me now in my mid 30s etc.

As someone that works in a VA a few months a year… without going into too much detail I will say that PTSD is a diagnosis made fully on clinical history / patient interview and cannot be ruled out with a blood test or scan.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
As someone that works in a VA a few months a year… without going into too much detail I will say that PTSD is a diagnosis made fully on clinical history / patient interview and cannot be ruled out with a blood test or scan.
This isnt even ptsd related stuff. From what it sounds like they just claim every possible thing as service connected and see what sticks.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Feel good you aren't a leech on the system and have some morals.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
have some morals.
I wish that had a monetary or tangible value attached to it.

A year of my life in Iraq. 300+ days of strapping on 60-70 pounds of gear and what do I have to show for it? Nothing. Some guy who never left the states gets $2000 every single month merely because he's feeling the effects of aging.

this-is-finejpg.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

A year of my life in Iraq. 300+ days of strapping on 60-70 pounds of gear and what do I have to show for it? Nothing. Some guy who never left the states gets $2000 every single month merely because he's feeling the effects of aging.

View attachment 425284
Virtue is its own reward. It sounds corny, but it has real heft to it if you stop and think about it for a while.

I've been around long enough to see the fruits of being good and being bad. 100% of all the fuckups I have ever known have had their behaviors come back to bite them in the ass, and often rather severely.

These people on the dole have to sleep with one eye open because they know they are going to do something stupid, and it will bite them in the ass. Some people believe in karma....I believe in pattern recognition. They are getting free money, but chances are pretty solid their lives suck in most ways. Either through crappy relationships, endless debt, substance abuse...the list goes on and on. I laugh at their self inflicted misfortunes because it is so predictable.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser

View attachment 425284
Comedy Central Wink GIF by Drunk History
Captain America Reaction GIF
Bye Bye Reaction GIF by GritTV

Thank you for your service.

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

View attachment 425284

If it makes you feel any better, you'll always be our disabled vet on FoH buddy

SeanDoe1z1

You are.

sorry to say. Bill oreily of all people had an amazing piece on it and the ridiculously abused system it has produced. I mean our VA budget is around 250b a year now.

was TAPS not a thing for you? It’s basically pushed now.

I work directly with two people at 100% va. That’s only 1500 a month or so but it’s all tax free and for life.