Whats rustling your jimmies?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Work gives me a Cyberpower 1500W UPS to use at home for my network gear. Naturally I can't just plug my modem, router and work phone in to it and leave it at that. I have to spend a few hours moving things around and shit. Finally I'm satisfied with what I've done, everything looks to be working properly and the UPS is reporting batteries are at 100%. I run the self test on the UPS and it proceeds to shut down immediately.

Fuck.

Maybe I was retarded and plugged everything in to the surge only side? Nope. I turn it back on and it still reports that everything is fine, the batteries are in great shape! I find the breaker for that plug for a true test and nope, immediate shut down.

Brought the fucker in to the office tonight and pulled it apart during downtime. Both batteries are bad.

House Of Cards Ugh GIF

• 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I written about Costco before; because where I live probably 150 Arabs all use 1 card and nothing can (or is) being done about it.
But, I have been a long term stockholder and I love it's dividend and return. But after today, I am thinking about selling it. Here's why:

I am fortunate enough to be invited to a lovely wedding in Boston. What the bride requested was a77" OLED TV from Costco. What the heck-- we are staying at her family's lovely house/estate, so why not pick up the TV and bring it over? We worked all this out in advance so it wasn't like it was going to be a surprise showing up with a massive box.

Now here's the kicker-- the Boston area Costco are a teeming madhouse of people. I put the gigantic box on a flatbed and maneuver it to the checkout area. Not kidding, there are no less than 400 people on various lines. I have 1 item. It's big and kind-of maneuverable. I work my way to the self checkout line and it is probably the longest line of them all. So I have to move retrograde to find the end of the line. It's clunky and awkward but I get to the end of a line of about twenty people all with a couple of items (and at least one other person buying something huge but single). Seems okay as the line is moving toward the checkout area. There is even one woman who is walking up the line checking people out with a hand held scanner and card reader.

Then, as I make my way to the end of the long line, some weirdly ethnic man of about twenty five years of age (wearing ear buds) moves in front of me with two completely filled carriages. He had come, like I had, across the checkout area looking for the end of a line, but decided to get in front of me between the end of the snack food aisle and the self-check-out area.

So I stop the prick-- "Hey, you can't cut in front of me AND I don't think you can have that many items on this line." I repeat what I said because acts like he doesn't hear me (and maybe he doesn't with his fucking ear buds in). He ignores me and I poke him the chest, raise my voice and say "You CAN'T cut in front of me and I don't think you can have this many items on this line!" He looked right at me and said something that sounded like "Erka Nyut Nyong Kang!"

He moves behind me and I go to the self-checkout finally. That's when one of the Costco guys monitoring the line tells me I can't cut in line. I like right at him and said something like, "Don't even go there with me, dude!." And, a pretty, petite redhead Costco person comes up to me with her hand-held scanner and says to both of us (as I am about to verbally or physically assault her colleague), "I'll take care of him."

So, she is super sweet- she checks me out, tells me there is special 5-year extended warranty on my item and will be right back with that paperwork. "No extra charge." Okay. Sounds like a plus.

While I am waiting guess who is now at the self-checkout lane next to me, putting things on the scanner, moving them to the little scale and then putting them INTO THE OTHER CART THAT ALREADY HAS UNPAID SHIT IN IT?! Mr. Nepalese douchebag, that's who!

So the pretty woman returns with my warranty info and I point out to her what's going on 5 feet away. "He's ripping you off, you know-- you see that, right?" She looks at him and back at me and says, "Yeah, I know, but right now all I want to do is get through the rest of my day and stay hydrated." So I take my cart, go to the little white register in the front next to the food area and tell the Manager in chart standing there about the theft occurring 30 feet away. Then I spend 25 cents and buy the pretty redhead a cold bottle of Kirkland water from the vending machine. I bring it back to her as Mr. Nepalese is still doing the bullshit shuffle of paid items into the cart with unpaid merchandise. I give her bottle and thank her and tell her, "I hope you stay hydrated and he gets arrested." She says, "Thank you, but there's only so much I can do." Then opens the water and takes a long drink.

I figure that fuck-head bought $400-$500 dollars of crap and stole the equivalent (or more) and then went to the front with his 2 carts and CVS-length receipt only to have the guy there swipe his sharpie over the receipt.

The fuckers at Costco MUST know that there leave-the-store check procedure is a total sham. Just how much merchandise is walking out of that Boston store on an hourly basis? Scale that up. OMG!

God bless America and Costco but some people need to be fucking arrested and it was abundantly clear to me that they know who those creeps are.

Thank you also, little miss redhead for checking me and being so sweet. And yeah-- you are probably correct in that all you could do in that madhouse was try to stay hydrated.

Finally, the wedding was beautiful and the gift was very much appreciated.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I written about Costco before; because where I live probably 150 Arabs all use 1 card and nothing can (or is) being done about it.
But, I have been a long term stockholder and I love it's dividend and return. But after today, I am thinking about selling it. Here's why:

I am fortunate enough to be invited to a lovely wedding in Boston. What the bride requested was a77" OLED TV from Costco. What the heck-- we are staying at her family's lovely house/estate, so why not pick up the TV and bring it over? We worked all this out in advance so it wasn't like it was going to be a surprise showing up with a massive box.

Now here's the kicker-- the Boston area Costco are a teeming madhouse of people. I put the gigantic box on a flatbed and maneuver it to the checkout area. Not kidding, there are no less than 400 people on various lines. I have 1 item. It's big and kind-of maneuverable. I work my way to the self checkout line and it is probably the longest line of them all. So I have to move retrograde to find the end of the line. It's clunky and awkward but I get to the end of a line of about twenty people all with a couple of items (and at least one other person buying something huge but single). Seems okay as the line is moving toward the checkout area. There is even one woman who is walking up the line checking people out with a hand held scanner and card reader.

Then, as I make my way to the end of the long line, some weirdly ethnic man of about twenty five years of age (wearing ear buds) moves in front of me with two completely filled carriages. He had come, like I had, across the checkout area looking for the end of a line, but decided to get in front of me between the end of the snack food aisle and the self-check-out area.

So I stop the prick-- "Hey, you can't cut in front of me AND I don't think you can have that many items on this line." I repeat what I said because acts like he doesn't hear me (and maybe he doesn't with his fucking ear buds in). He ignores me and I poke him the chest, raise my voice and say "You CAN'T cut in front of me and I don't think you can have this many items on this line!" He looked right at me and said something that sounded like "Erka Nyut Nyong Kang!"

He moves behind me and I go to the self-checkout finally. That's when one of the Costco guys monitoring the line tells me I can't cut in line. I like right at him and said something like, "Don't even go there with me, dude!." And, a pretty, petite redhead Costco person comes up to me with her hand-held scanner and says to both of us (as I am about to verbally or physically assault her colleague), "I'll take care of him."

So, she is super sweet- she checks me out, tells me there is special 5-year extended warranty on my item and will be right back with that paperwork. "No extra charge." Okay. Sounds like a plus.

While I am waiting guess who is now at the self-checkout lane next to me, putting things on the scanner, moving them to the little scale and then putting them INTO THE OTHER CART THAT ALREADY HAS UNPAID SHIT IN IT?! Mr. Nepalese douchebag, that's who!

So the pretty woman returns with my warranty info and I point out to her what's going on 5 feet away. "He's ripping you off, you know-- you see that, right?" She looks at him and back at me and says, "Yeah, I know, but right now all I want to do is get through the rest of my day and stay hydrated." So I take my cart, go to the little white register in the front next to the food area and tell the Manager in chart standing there about the theft occurring 30 feet away. Then I spend 25 cents and buy the pretty redhead a cold bottle of Kirkland water from the vending machine. I bring it back to her as Mr. Nepalese is still doing the bullshit shuffle of paid items into the cart with unpaid merchandise. I give her bottle and thank her and tell her, "I hope you stay hydrated and he gets arrested." She says, "Thank you, but there's only so much I can do." Then opens the water and takes a long drink.

I figure that fuck-head bought $400-$500 dollars of crap and stole the equivalent (or more) and then went to the front with his 2 carts and CVS-length receipt only to have the guy there swipe his sharpie over the receipt.

The fuckers at Costco MUST know that there leave-the-store check procedure is a total sham. Just how much merchandise is walking out of that Boston store on an hourly basis? Scale that up. OMG!

God bless America and Costco but some people need to be fucking arrested and it was abundantly clear to me that they know who those creeps are.

Thank you also, little miss redhead for checking me and being so sweet. And yeah-- you are probably correct in that all you could do in that madhouse was try to stay hydrated.

I think this thread, or somewhere I regalled the 2 weeks wasted with fucking pooh's on customer service chat/calls.

They may not be as savage as our noggers or average middle easterner. But so many outside of the legit educated high performers (and even then who knows what they get up to), utterly deserve their moniker of shitskin. What they lack in outright aggression is made up with sleaziness and utter 50 level IQ. (I've had to deal with a fuck ton coming into federal buildings and struggle to handle elevators, revolving doors and act confused why they can't be let in to a court appointment that was 3-4 hours before.

taebin

Same trailer, different park

Not even sure where to start. Who puts a $3,000 TV on their bridal list? I don't think my entire wedding in Cabo even cost that much. And why did you feel the need to buy someone a $3,000 TV for their wedding? Is this like your god-daughter or something?

Regarding the.... atmosphere.... in most Costco's. Yes it's ridiculous. Cutting in line, blocking entire aisles, walking backwards against the natural flow of people. They have zero social queues and norms because they are used to flea markets and shit. Have you ever been to Bangalore or Pune? It's fucking madness. I don't know how half of them don't die every day driving to work.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Self check out everywhere is pretty terrible. The nogs steal from Walmarts self check out constantly and just curse out the employee checking receipts and just walk out the door.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I am seriously rustled over that fuckwad... So, of course, I am telling a bunch of people. The last person I told said to me that she was in a grocery store yesterday behind a woman with 2 bags of groceries who was trying to pay with a debit card. The machine kept beeping that there were insufficient funds. So what happened? The women shrugged her shoulders and walked out with the two bags of groceries.

And no one stopped her.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Not even sure where to start. Who puts a $3,000 TV on their bridal list? I don't think my entire wedding in Cabo even cost that much. And why did you feel the need to buy someone a $3,000 TV for their wedding? Is this like your god-daughter or something?

Regarding the.... atmosphere.... in most Costco's. Yes it's ridiculous. Cutting in line, blocking entire aisles, walking backwards against the natural flow of people. They have zero social queues and norms because they are used to flea markets and shit. Have you ever been to Bangalore or Pune? It's fucking madness. I don't know how half of them don't die every day driving to work.
I have not been to India. But one of my employees was traveling through Mumbai and was probably dosed with something while eating from a food vendor (probably scopolamine). He was found by a Hindu family and they took care of him until he was back to being himself. He lost a few bucks from his wallet, 14 hours of time, and his cell phone, but was otherwise okay. He probably would have been way more traumatized (or hurt/killed) but the family that cared for him was so protective and nurturing of him that he believes the experience reaffirmed his faith in humanity more than it destroyed it. He's probably a better soul than me. PS- he said it took less than 15 minutes to get a new cell phone and his service restored in India.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
costco rustles my jimmies because you need a costco credit card to check out with their app. At sams, they can be slammed like that and we just check out with the app with the CC we already have. Then the only line is the one to get out where they're scanning random items. That one always moves quick.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Although it makes perfect sense; it bugs the crap out of me when there are three bottles of shitty salad dressing left in the fridge (because all the good ones were consumed and no one is buying any more because there are still three left in the fridge).

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Thieving pieces of shit like that should absolutely be drawn and quartered. Everything they steal, paying customers subsidize.

Really shows how insanely stupid the masses are to tolerate such degenerate behavior.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Thieving pieces of shit like that should absolutely be drawn and quartered. Everything they steal, paying customers subsidize.

Really shows how insanely stupid the masses are to tolerate such degenerate behavior.
The more people I talk to about this, the more I am told that it is a common occurrence at Walmart too...

Fucker

Log Wizard
I am seriously rustled over that fuckwad... So, of course, I am telling a bunch of people. The last person I told said to me that she was in a grocery store yesterday behind a woman with 2 bags of groceries who was trying to pay with a debit card. The machine kept beeping that there were insufficient funds. So what happened? The women shrugged her shoulders and walked out with the two bags of groceries.

And no one stopped her.
I was at a market last fall. One cashier, and moving slowly at that. Big line of people. Screaming kid could be heard all over the store. Woman in front of me had a cart filled high. Took the cashier ages to ring it and bag it. Her card was declined. Tried another, that was declined. Tried them all and they were all declined. I could have killed her.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The more people I talk to about this, the more I am told that it is a common occurrence at Walmart too...
Of course it is. They all have formulas and people who analyze this shit to figure out whats worth letting go and whats worth dealing with.

But then thats all in the context of a shit legal system and refuses to deal with such crime and a social paradigm that screams racism for any non white dealt with.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Of course it is. They all have formulas and people who analyze this shit to figure out whats worth letting go and whats worth dealing with.

But then thats all in the context of a shit legal system and refuses to deal with such crime and a social paradigm that screams racism for any non white dealt with.
I bought a mini fridge or something at Wally World. Got it home. Someone stuffed a few cameras in it. I took them to the store and the manager rolled her eyes. I found out later that employees were stealing the store blind and they all got popped for felonies. They were stuffing things and mispricing other things.

Kind of amazing these people wrecked their lives for shitty consumer goods.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought a mini fridge or something at Wally World. Got it home. Someone stuffed a few cameras in it. I took them to the store and the manager rolled her eyes. I found out later that employees were stealing the store blind and they all got popped for felonies. They were stuffing things and mispricing other things.

Kind of amazing these people wrecked their lives for shitty consumer goods.

I'm sure they dindu nuffin. Stop being mean.

Goatface

when i was in high school, guy got busted for stealing VCRs. he was taking them out in the trash. supposedly he stole over $14k worth of stuff during the summer. being underage and they couldn't prove what all he took, he didn't even miss a day of school.

Sevens

Log Wizard

I'm sorry, and this may be an unpopular opinion, but I have no sympathy for any store getting robbed blind with self checkouts. Why the fuck do I have to do your god damn work and not even get a discount? Hire more people and open up some fucking check out lanes you Wakandanrdly shysters.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users