Whats rustling your jimmies?

Sevens

Log Wizard
Why the fuck is a legitimate word like
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Wakandanrdly
changed? How fucking thin skinned are people that just because a word sounds like a taboo word we have to ban it too?
Fuck you

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of self-checkout, got notice today that Wegmans is discontinuing it’s SCAN app. This shit was way nicer than self-checkout since you just scanned shit as you put it in your cart and then just scanned a register on your way out the door, paid, and left. No need to bag shit at checkout, no having to wait for some cashier to bag and ring all the shit. RIP that, though.

Goatface

don't know if all, but the other day went to an earthfare store. they had signs up, "for security doors lock at 6pm" (while open to 9/10pm) they went through big money issues and maybe figured out shit was walking away.
earthfare is health food store like whole foods i guess, about half the size of normal sized grocery store

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Screenshot_20220912-173218_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20220912-173327_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20220912-173336_Amazon Shopping.jpg

wtf Lanx Lanx Got some tiny box with some 3m tape. now trying to file a complaint or sure is fighting me

• 1Rustled

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Speaking of self-checkout, got notice today that Wegmans is discontinuing it’s SCAN app. This shit was way nicer than self-checkout since you just scanned shit as you put it in your cart and then just scanned a register on your way out the door, paid, and left. No need to bag shit at checkout, no having to wait for some cashier to bag and ring all the shit. RIP that, though.
They tried that thing at the Kroger here, and it worked pretty good. HOWEVER. Friend of mine had to get some assistance one day because it wouldn't read a barcode and so the associate ran the item separate and voided it from her receipt. Then after, every single transaction she ever tried on it got her flagged and wouldn't complete without an associate signing off. Single gallon of milk? flagged. Weekly shop? Flagged. The associate would have to manually rescan her whole cart to proceed. After 2 months of phone calls to corporate trying to fix it they basically accused her of being a thief and that's why it was flagging her. Not an isolated story i've come to find out, and they have since removed it from the store due to customer complaints.

joz123

Potato del Grande
WinCo. There's a cashier to ring up your stuff but you have to bag everything yourself. If you take too long to bag, the cashier gives you a dirty look because it holds up the line. If the turds would hire a few more people to help bag then it wouldn't take people so long.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
click, i needmore help and get an agent and tell em you were scammed, take a pic if you have to, remind them that it was a 3rd party seller and not amazon, thats all you have to do, if you don't get a refund and get akmed the karen, hang up and try again
Called and was told they submitted something to seller, wait 2 days, the proceed with refund process. But given the pretty low reviews of seller, paired with like 3 companies listed between the seller and the package received I doubt theyll be making anything right. Really need a avoid 3rd party button, bad enough getting knockoffs in conjoined inventory, it's a common enough item it's not like when I try to be a jew and save an extra $2 and you get joe bobs 3rd party store. I thought it was amazon sold by given it got lumped in with all my free ship stuff.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Called and was told they submitted something to seller, wait 2 days, the proceed with refund process. But given the pretty low reviews of seller, paired with like 3 companies listed between the seller and the package received I doubt theyll be making anything right. Really need a avoid 3rd party button, bad enough getting knockoffs in conjoined inventory, it's a common enough item it's not like when I try to be a jew and save an extra $2 and you get joe bobs 3rd party store. I thought it was amazon sold by given it got lumped in with all my free ship stuff.
if they don't respond within 48 hrs usually they just process a refund then

it could very well have been sold by amazon at one point, you clicked add to cart and then you bought it later, the seller (either amazon or 3rd party) mightve changed cuz the price fluctuated.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Solidarity

SeanDoe1z1

Work gives me a Cyberpower 1500W UPS to use at home for my network gear. Naturally I can't just plug my modem, router and work phone in to it and leave it at that. I have to spend a few hours moving things around and shit. Finally I'm satisfied with what I've done, everything looks to be working properly and the UPS is reporting batteries are at 100%. I run the self test on the UPS and it proceeds to shut down immediately.

Fuck.

Maybe I was retarded and plugged everything in to the surge only side? Nope. I turn it back on and it still reports that everything is fine, the batteries are in great shape! I find the breaker for that plug for a true test and nope, immediate shut down.

Brought the fucker in to the office tonight and pulled it apart during downtime. Both batteries are bad.

House Of Cards Ugh GIF

all ups should just come with jimmie rustled warning on top because so many will sit on a shelf or in a box forever.

lot of the self-test are crap and just best to real load test like you did.

or they outright are just refurb parts sold as new because coronachan destroyed supplies. we will typically send product out and just do the ups install later free of charge because of the damn delay out there still.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
all ups should just come with jimmie rustled warning on top because so many will sit on a shelf or in a box forever.

lot of the self-test are crap and just best to real load test like you did.

or they outright are just refurb parts sold as new because coronachan destroyed supplies. we will typically sent product out and just do the ups install later free of charge because of the damn delay out there still.

Apparently this one sat under my boss' desk in it's box for 3 years.

SeanDoe1z1

pretty typical. they're heavy, cost enough for a decent one and have a predetermined death built-in. at least desktop use is not that bad to keep relatively up.

ups tech has gone a loooooong way too in a short time. I get a lot of systems the crater because people will underestimate that not all AC power is equal. i have a major oil/gas/power customer that is going to be in for a rude awakening when their 45 site system starts to go up like popcorn right after built in warranties start to expire because they followed the $$ and cut out the ups element in the design.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Why the fuck are all the content creators on YouTube ALL OF A SUDDEN doing YouTube Shorts?
Maybe their sponsors are pushing it?

All I know is anyone who genuinely watches shorts, anything off ig or tiktok or other absolutely retarded video viewing mechanisms needs to be beat to death with rusty rebar.
Why the fuck do I have to do your god damn work and not even get a discount?
I bet there was someone just like you bitching at stores when they transformed into modern grocery stores where you had to go down isles and pick out what you wanted instead of some clerk handing it to you from behind a counter.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Maybe their sponsors are pushing it?

All I know is anyone who genuinely watches shorts, anything off ig or tiktok or other absolutely retarded video viewing mechanisms needs to be beat to death with rusty rebar.
It's really odd, because the channels I sub to are all different types of content, and like I said all of a sudden, they are all doing Shorts.

And I agree, I think the shit is stupid. Apparently, people just sit around scrolling through short videos? Totally bizarre.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bet there was A VERY CORRECT AND INSIGHTFUL PERSON bitching at stores when they transformed into modern grocery stores where you had to go down isles and pick out what you wanted instead of some clerk handing it to you from behind a counter.
ftfy

Amazon and curbside pickup is the modern shopping experience.
Unless you actually enjoy the leisurely stroll through your local WalMart that is...

• 1Picard
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users