Whats rustling your jimmies?

joz123

Potato del Grande
Amazon order says delivered and shows a picture of a welcome mat that's not mine. I check the neighbors doors near me and don't see the package. I go to the building behind me and see it at another door. Amazon deliveries are such shit now and it's getting worse.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Amazon order says delivered and shows a picture of a welcome mat that's not mine. I check the neighbors doors near me and don't see the package. I go to the building behind me and see it at another door. Amazon deliveries are such shit now and it's getting worse.
No problems with Amazon here, but FedEx straight up sucks complete ass. I had a package that was marked as being out for delivery, then delayed, then no status. It then got sent back to its destination and then all the way back and finally delivered...2-3 days late. Fed Ex is going broke, and I bet they wonder why. 2500 miles for $7 to deliver is a big part of it! I bet there is a big % of packages that get sent on sight seeing tours of the country.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

I've had times when they showed a picture of it in one place but it was delivered to another. For example, the picture showed it on my front porch but I finally found it at the back gate. I'm glad my delivery driver isn't playing the game at the same level as yours if he's switching fucking houses.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I've had times when they showed a picture of it in one place but it was delivered to another. For example, the picture showed it on my front porch but I finally found it at the back gate. I'm glad my delivery driver isn't playing the game at the same level as yours if he's switching fucking houses.
I cancelled Doordash because of that. Driver only delivered half the order. I disputed it and they sent me a picture...clearly only one item, not two. I asked them if they were born stupid.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Since many here have Amazon Prime, you're probably familiar with the Prime First Reads benefit. They have a selection of 8 brand new books (digital version) each month that you can pick one of and get for free. I have read like one of them from the dozens I've received, but even still it is almost better than nothing.

However, the past few years, every month the selections are almost entirely female authors (skipping how many are clearly not white too). I just got the email for this month, and yet again it is ALL women. This is clearly on purpose. It is statistically almost impossible that for the past couple of years there have been less than 1/8 male authors that qualify for this thing. Since I almost never read them anyway, I've taken to purposely picking the lone male author just on principle, and for months like this where there aren't any, I am just choosing none. Now if there were a book that looked really interesting to me I would pick it regardless of the author's gender, but these are always books and authors I've never fucking heard of.

I've looked all over for a spot I can complain about their clearly biased selection process, but I can't find one. I'm sure I could incur the wrath of all the feminists and trannies if I had a twatter account to mention this to them, but I'm not going to make an account just for this. I will just have to bitch about it here, like a normal person.

This would piss me off, except I never learned to read :*(

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
My sister and her husband got rear ended by a junkie back in August and the whole process has been a shitshow. The latest bit of idiocy is the letter she got from her insurance company last week. It stated that since she is not the spouse or a direct blood relative of the policy holder, she is not covered in any way and can fuck right off. It also said to expect another copy of this idiocy to be sent via certified mail the following week.

She is the goddamn policy holder. Needless to say, she is dumping Farmers the second this shit is finally settled.

• 2Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Working in online tech support for a multinational bank. People call in like I'm the one who personally fucked up their shit. Bitch I answer the phones, I don't control any of this, I try to find workarounds.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Trying to purchase embers adrift. Indie developed mmo, clearly run by a handful of dudes, they outsourced payments to MyCommerce.

When you go to purchase on their clearly indie site, you enter your payment info it only has fields for first name, Last name, card number, exp date, cvv#, and zip code. You can expand the selection to fill in your address but they are not required fields.

They forward this information to mycommerce to process the charge.

No reputable financial institution allows such limited id data for online purchases. A point of sale will allow just entering your zip code, like a gas station or grocery store, but they also require you to swipe/tap/chip your card, that proves you physically have it in hand.

After struggling to get a hold of mycommerce, log in to their system and see the attempt to charge, they clearly have all these fields available, address phone number, middle initial etc that are missing from embers adrift's site. They also accept paypal.

I dont know how the fuck anyone has been able to purchase this game, completely baffled. At a minimum "name how it appears on your cc" is barebones required field that includes your middle initial. What kind of third world low rent banking institutions do you guys use that wil allow online charges based on only knowing your zip code?

Also, if you were able to purchase this game, change your fucking bank cus you are totally exposed to fraud and your bank has no safeguards in place.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I'm looking for a new dentist and I did not expect it to be this hard. I've never fired a dentist before this current search and I'm up to 2 in a row now. I only changed because I started working from home and my old dentist close to my old office an hour away.

So the first one made me wait 30 minutes after the appointment in the waiting room, then another 30 minutes in the chair before anyone saw me. That's enough to be done with them, but then the fuckers cut the visit short by not scraping my teeth. The dude tried to say there was no plaque to scrape. I've been going to the dentist twice a year for 20 years in a row and needed at least a little scraping every time. But now, after a 2 year layoff (due to covid), I suddenly don't have plaque? Did my teeth get coated with teflon? Fucking lying piece of shit. I know he was just trying to hurry because of the backup.

So the one today wouldn't do anything because I refused the x-rays. I only allow one set of dental x-rays a year because I already get more radiation than I like and they're overused. I told them they could get the xrays from the last dentist but they said that wasn't good enough. I asked if they were sure because it's a deal-breaker for me, and they let me walk out. I've never had a dentist refuse service over me not wanting an x-ray. I'm sure it was a money thing because they get paid more when they do one. I should have been concerned when I called yesterday and they had appointments available today.

So I found another dentist today and made an appt. I double checked that the x-rays could be opted out of. They said fine and that they'd like to have the last set I did. So i called the idiots who made me wait forever and waited almost an hour on ignore only to be told some bullshit that really pissed me off. Apparently it costs $25 and I have to show up in person to sign a release to have my x-rays emailed to the new Dr. HOWEVER. If the new Dr's office calls they can get it for free and I don't have to sign a release. Why? Because I authorized them to get it when I told them to call. That's what she said, I had her repeat it. The only way I can see this being accurate is if the other doctor is supposed to fax a signed release. But if that's the case ole girl should have known and mentioned that. I'm pretty sure that fucking office just gives out our info to anyone who calls and says they're authorized.

I need to find a new optometrist for the same reason, it better not be this hard. She's a cute little vietnamese woman so I may just make the drive to see her. She's always dressed like she has a fancy dress party right after work.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I found another dentist today and made an appt. I double checked that the x-rays could be opted out of. They said fine and that they'd like to have the last set I did. So i called the idiots who made me wait forever and waited almost an hour on ignore only to be told some bullshit that really pissed me off. Apparently it costs $25 and I have to show up in person to sign a release to have my x-rays emailed to the new Dr. HOWEVER. If the new Dr's office calls they can get it for free and I don't have to sign a release. Why? Because I authorized them to get it when I told them to call. That's what she said, I had her repeat it. The only way I can see this being accurate is if the other doctor is supposed to fax a signed release. But if that's the case ole girl should have known and mentioned that. I'm pretty sure that fucking office just gives out our info to anyone who calls and says they're authorized.
I agree it's all general bullshit, BUT I do believe you got the right info.

Most offices require a signed release (to avoid liability) but technically per HIPAA you don't need one to obtain information about a patient under you care
I doubt you can charge another office who requests that info, but you are allowed to charge a patient a small fee for the trouble of printing their records IIRC

So basically as you clearly surmised, you went to a shady ass dentist. I had a similar issue one time where my wife went to a new dentist and all of a sudden needed fillings every 6 months after a lifetime of healthy teeth.

• 1Like

Goatface

my dad is very bad off and trying not to go into a long story
went to local er, they said he needed to go to either of 2 other hospitals and would transport him once they found a bed. after 24 hours, he improved some and they ran some tests said he was good enough to go home. after about 4 hours at home, started having issues, was able to go to 1 hospitals the local one was going to send him to. about 12 hours later, he gets a room. they debate for a day, this hospital can do 1 treatment, but not the riskier one. he gets worse overnight, so he has to have the riskier treatment.
they tell us at noon he needs to go to big hospital asap and as soon as a bed comes open they will transport him over. (an hour away) around 5:30pm, nurse tells me, he was accepted at the other hospital by doctor soandso at 5pm, but there are no open beds right now on that floor. little before 9pm, another nurse says it will probably be tomorrow morning.

Edit as I was trying tosleep, thought they are waiting till midnight, as they probably can not bill for 2 rooms on same day. Right after 12 they started the move. Also do to this hospital rules now try to sleep in my car

Last edited:
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
my dad is very bad off and trying not to go into a long story
went to local er, they said he needed to go to either of 2 other hospitals and would transport him once they found a bed. after 24 hours, he improved some and they ran some tests said he was good enough to go home. after about 4 hours at home, started having issues, was able to go to 1 hospitals the local one was going to send him to. about 12 hours later, he gets a room. they debate for a day, this hospital can do 1 treatment, but not the riskier one. he gets worse overnight, so he has to have the riskier treatment.
they tell us at noon he needs to go to big hospital asap and as soon as a bed comes open they will transport him over. (an hour away) around 5:30pm, nurse tells me, he was accepted at the other hospital by doctor soandso at 5pm, but there are no open beds right now on that floor. little before 9pm, another nurse says it will probably be tomorrow morning.

Edit as I was trying tosleep, thought they are waiting till midnight, as they probably can not bill for 2 rooms on same day. Right after 12 they started the move. Also do to this hospital rules now try to sleep in my car
I’m really sorry this is happening to you. To be honest they probably are not jerking your around and while hospitals are definitely greedy as fuck I don’t think it had anything to do with billing you for an extra bed/extra night.

This is a major problem in healthcare right now, hospitals are not wanting to pay their staff so there are constant nursing and support staff “shortages” leading to limited beds availability and it often takes multiple days to get anyone transferred anywhere. Most places are not even at their pre-COVID staffing level. It’s a constant source of discussion on the other (medical) forums I post on.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
The whole healthcare system is the biggest scam known to man. Waited over a year to even get partial charges for one kids birth and that was just the anesthesiologist, tried demanding an itemized breakdown of the charges and they looked at me like I was speaking latin. How hard would it be to do what every other business in the world does, 1 surgeon @ 800/hour * duration of surgery = x, 6 nurses @ 200/hour = Y, room and supporting staff 2k per day etc.

Doubt they are jerking you around for payroll reasons because even they don't know what the fuck they charge for anything. Overhaul that system and you could probably cut the bloat/cost in half, while giving doctors raises to boot

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
We want to switch my wife to my insurance. She has to make her elections by nov 4th but my company hasn't sent out any info yet. I mean, we could just do it and hope it's all the same as last year, but goddammit I want the actual info. In the past couple weeks my company has sent 3 emails telling us the info is "coming soon".

This is normal. Chances are you're going to see a change in prices or offerings. They are usually not good.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I can honestly say that I have never in my decade+ of using Amazon, have had nothing but great service from them all around.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
The whole healthcare system is the biggest scam known to man. Waited over a year to even get partial charges for one kids birth and that was just the anesthesiologist, tried demanding an itemized breakdown of the charges and they looked at me like I was speaking latin. How hard would it be to do what every other business in the world does, 1 surgeon @ 800/hour * duration of surgery = x, 6 nurses @ 200/hour = Y, room and supporting staff 2k per day etc.

I've posted this here before, but I had a scan done at the local hospital. I have an HDHP so I had to pay it all out of pocket. No big deal, got the quote, saw the price, decided it was worth it and we did it. They insisted I pay before and that was fine with me because I hate sending checks after the fact. Few months later I get a bill from them for the part the insurance wouldn't cover. I was like, WTF, insurance covered 0 and we knew that the day of! Looked into it, including looking at the EOB that I never understand and it turned out they had coded it wrong. Called it an emergency x-ray. It wasn't an x-ray and it wasn't an emergency. So I calmed down, called them up and and I was like aye dog, I figured out what happened you just need to fix the coding. Nope. Guy said he wasn't going to do it. So I called the insurance company to report them for fraud and they didn't care either. I asked what the point of the EOB statement was if it wasn't so I could verify it and dispute the charges if needed. Apparently there is no point to them other than required by law.

I have all the paperwork that I signed the day of the scan and I actually read it before signing. The only boilerplate additional cost gotcha they had was if there were complications and I needed to be admitted. There was another line, but the lady said it didn't apply because I had an HDHP and was paying the full cost up front so I crossed it out and she initialed it. That was what the dude tried to use as justification for the price increase. I showed him my copy and he claimed I had doctored it so I asked to see their copy and he called back the next day claiming he couldn't find it.

He bothered me for a few weeks. I told him that if that's the correct price, then it's not worth it. He can have the scan and I want the money back that I paid that day. Every time he called I'd badger him for my refund. He said "that's not how it works". Well, why the fuck not? Where else can the price be raised after the bill is paid and the service is delivered? Only in the fucking criminal world, that's where.

I think I reported them to some state agency but it's kind of fuzzy. Maybe that's why he finally stopped calling me.

TL;DR cocksuckers raise the price after the fact and the only recourse is to tell them to go fuck themselves.

This is normal. Chances are you're going to see a change in prices or offerings. They are usually not good.

Looks like you were right. They got me an advance copy before the wife's deadline and our prices went up a few bucks.

• 3Like

Mandriana

Just finished my "trainings" at work. TIL...

If BILLY wants to be recognized as HER. And corrects me on it. I must recognize HIM as HER. I can be taken to HR for harassment by continuing to call HIM fuckin HIM.

HTF does that even make sense?
Look that faggot in the eyes, dead pan, and tell him, "Aright, I will acknowledge her pronoun and call him, her. But you must acknowledge my pronouns, and if you don't, it's HR time. My pronoun is N*gger."

/DaveChappelleGotchaBitch!

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Look that faggot in the eyes, dead pan, and tell him, "Aright, I will acknowledge her pronoun and call him, her. But you must acknowledge my pronouns, and if you don't, it's HR time. My pronoun is N*gger."

/DaveChappelleGotchaBitch!
confused-michael-che.gif

• 2Worf

Mandriana

I'm looking for a new dentist and I did not expect it to be this hard. I've never fired a dentist before this current search and I'm up to 2 in a row now. I only changed because I started working from home and my old dentist close to my old office an hour away.

So the first one made me wait 30 minutes after the appointment in the waiting room, then another 30 minutes in the chair before anyone saw me. That's enough to be done with them, but then the fuckers cut the visit short by not scraping my teeth. The dude tried to say there was no plaque to scrape. I've been going to the dentist twice a year for 20 years in a row and needed at least a little scraping every time. But now, after a 2 year layoff (due to covid), I suddenly don't have plaque? Did my teeth get coated with teflon? Fucking lying piece of shit. I know he was just trying to hurry because of the backup.

So the one today wouldn't do anything because I refused the x-rays. I only allow one set of dental x-rays a year because I already get more radiation than I like and they're overused. I told them they could get the xrays from the last dentist but they said that wasn't good enough. I asked if they were sure because it's a deal-breaker for me, and they let me walk out. I've never had a dentist refuse service over me not wanting an x-ray. I'm sure it was a money thing because they get paid more when they do one. I should have been concerned when I called yesterday and they had appointments available today.

I need to find a new optometrist for the same reason, it better not be this hard. She's a cute little vietnamese woman so I may just make the drive to see her. She's always dressed like she has a fancy dress party right after work.
I would say, if your old dentist is really good and you like them, an hour+ trip twice a year is worth it.