Whats rustling your jimmies?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
In the span of 24 hours, cat went from looking sick (runny nose, threw up water) to dead. Vet said undiagnosed diabeties (would have had to be rapid onset), got him stabilized and ate a little but less than half hour later had a heart attack with a very faint pulse.

On one hand, I'm glad we didn't suffer through some weeks/months of will he/won't he and it was quick, but fuck are my jimmies rustled.

• 9Solidarity
  • 3Thoughts & Prayers
  • 2Like
Reactions: 13 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In the span of 24 hours, cat went from looking sick (runny nose, threw up water) to dead. Vet said undiagnosed diabeties (would have had to be rapid onset), got him stabilized and ate a little but less than half hour later had a heart attack with a very faint pulse.

On one hand, I'm glad we didn't suffer through some weeks/months of will he/won't he and it was quick, but fuck are my jimmies rustled.
Our cat went the exact same way. Undiagnosed diabetes. It was quick.

Sevens

Log Wizard

Was there any symptoms before hand? Anything out of the ordinary that someone should watch out for?
And sorry for your loss.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was there any symptoms before hand? Anything out of the ordinary that someone should watch out for?
And sorry for your loss.
Not really, 9ish years old, was a little big (16-17lb's) so we had restricted feeding times to get his weight down a little. Gf noticed that there was food left in the bowl and he was hiding behind the washing machine, peed on himself before/after we tried to give him a bath. Following day took him to the vet as early as possible and was gone within a few hours.

His organs were all failing at that point according to the blood work, so whatever happened it was sudden. Given that he had been to the vet earlier in the year whatever diabeties onset was had to have happened pretty quickly if that contributed to it.

Might have noticed a change in personality, because he would never eat a single thing that was people food. You could drop chicken/shrimp/fish/whatever and he'd sniff and walk away. Past couple of weeks/month or so he was all over any food we offered, but assumed that was due to the diet and him feeling a bit hungrier. Might have been related but vet said there wasn't much we could have done

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Every morning school drop off, either the vehicle in front of me has its doors open with no kid getting out (wtf are they doing, why aren't they being assisted if they're in such a need as to go slow otherwise) and/or the kid is out of the car but the driver sparks conversations with the line attendants. WTF are you doing, get in get out.

• 1Rustled

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every morning school drop off, either the vehicle in front of me has its doors open with no kid getting out (wtf are they doing, why aren't they being assisted if they're in such a need as to go slow otherwise) and/or the kid is out of the car but the driver sparks conversations with the line attendants. WTF are you doing, get in get out.

Horn and yelling curses. I've seen it work.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
1682698081784.png

1682698212003.png

• 1Harrow

Sevens

Log Wizard
Can you explain how it felt when it started?
Yeah, just a slight burning itch on my upper inner left arm. Then traveled to my armpit and back before moving on to my chest. I was actually a couple days before I even noticed any rash or redness, but once it hit it hit like a freaking Mac truck.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, just a slight burning itch on my upper inner left arm. Then traveled to my armpit and back before moving on to my chest. I was actually a couple days before I even noticed any rash or redness, but once it hit it hit like a freaking Mac truck.
Is the way you get this having the chickpox vaccine or by having gotten chickenpox and having natural immunity?

Goatface

9 days scheduling MRI for monday. hospital called a hour ago, saying insurance now wants to review everything. next opening may 12th.

• 1Rustled

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is the way you get this having the chickpox vaccine or by having gotten chickenpox and having natural immunity?
Pretty sure its having had chickenpox, means you can get shingles at any point afterwards. Not sure if you still can if you had the vaccine to it.

Gf is going through this all at the same time as the shit above, past 4-5 weeks or so with nerve pain and barely able to move. Dr's put her on 300mg of gabopentin which wasn't doing shit, so she went back a few days later and they went "Oh, well the max dose is 3000mg, we can try upping that a little". Tail end of it now with the rash starting to disappear, but randomly she'll get nerve jolts here and there.

The rash is absolutely the weirdest part of it as an observer, in that it only effects one half of your body / wherever it starts? Hers was 100% lower left hip/leg, didn't cross the center line at all. I would expect it to have spread continually.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pretty sure its having had chickenpox, means you can get shingles at any point afterwards. Not sure if you still can if you had the vaccine to it.

Gf is going through this all at the same time as the shit above, past 4-5 weeks or so with nerve pain and barely able to move. Dr's put her on 300mg of gabopentin which wasn't doing shit, so she went back a few days later and they went "Oh, well the max dose is 3000mg, we can try upping that a little". Tail end of it now with the rash starting to disappear, but randomly she'll get nerve jolts here and there.

The rash is absolutely the weirdest part of it as an observer, in that it only effects one half of your body / wherever it starts? Hers was 100% lower left hip/leg, didn't cross the center line at all. I would expect it to have spread continually.
Is there a certain age you age past it (ie.. of you haven't gotten shingles by X age, you won't get it)?

Sevens

Log Wizard
Yeah, its what you get if you have already had chicken pox. There is a vaccine for it, just never even thought about getting shingles. Trust me when I say I will be getting the vaccine when it clears up.

Sevens

Log Wizard

Yeah, it only affecting one side of your body is freaking weird. I think it took a few days for the pain and burning to start on me (and yes the nerve pain, omfg) because I am on Gabopentin for my legs so it lessened the onset pain.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Had the lawn removed, and replaced with rock, and some nice drought resistant flowering shrubs. Had a friends family member do the work, and couldn't be happier. A week later some shrubs are looking a little bad, figure they are still in shock, but call my guy to come check them out.

Today, 7am, he shows up, starts checking irrigation, and finds that a line had been cut. Not pulled out, not a jagged cut, but a clean (as in cut with shears) type of cut. I had noticed the landscapers the HOA uses eyeballing the new landscape, and bitching about it because they lost another lawn to take care of. So I guess they were all fuck those people, and cut the line.

Neighbor is a friend, and just elected as head of the HOA, so while he can't do anything without actual proof, he will make it a point of discussion at next meeting.

Man I just fucking hate dirt bags.

• 1Rustled