Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Screenshot_20230420-055846.png

• 1Harrow
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Bought a new car. Had to look hard for a standard transmission, it's just what I prefer.
The car drives fine, but the cabin technology is repugnant. It is all touchscreen-controlled without knobs.
It is the single most distracting, non- intuitive design I could ever imagine for a car. I cannot believe engineers were involved with this beyond constructing the technology.

It's as if I have to do everything involved with the car that is not gas, clutch or brake with a big, stupid iphone. I hate it.

Want to turn the radio on/off? Adjust the fan or temperature? Turn off the interior lights at night? Good luck.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bought a new car. Had to look hard for a standard transmission, it's just what I prefer.
The car drives fine, but the cabin technology is repugnant. It is all touchscreen-controlled without knobs.
It is the single most distracting, non- intuitive design I could ever imagine for a car. I cannot believe engineers were involved with this beyond constructing the technology.

It's as if I have to do everything involved with the car that is not gas, clutch or brake with a big, stupid iphone. I hate it.

Want to turn the radio on/off? Adjust the fan or temperature? Turn off the interior lights at night? Good luck.

The auto makers decided that they all had to rush to touchscreen and most of the UI's suck across the board. I love my civic but it looks like someone literally super glued a giant tablet onto the dash and don't get me started on the UI or responsiveness

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
The auto makers decided that they all had to rush to touchscreen and most of the UI's suck across the board. I love my civic but it looks like someone literally super glued a giant tablet onto the dash and don't get me started on the UI or responsiveness
I seriously cannot understand the thought process. Don't be a distracted driver with your phone. So let's turn your car into a phone.
Was this decided upon by 14 year olds?

Before:

1682177533697.png

After:
1682177658682.png

I am so irritated.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
So, uh...why did you buy it of you didn't like it?
Because it looks and drives great. And I don't live in a climate that allows me to bicycle all year round?!? Especially when it is dark and snowy!

Also, the reviews on the car were pretty stellar. But, then again, if you gave me the car to screw around with on a frozen track in Scandinavia for 2 straight weeks, I might fudge my review too.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

museums in the future will have a whole exhibit dedicated to humanity's short-lived obsession with the single worst user interface device ever invented in all of human history, the fucking touch screen.

I'm gonna be pissed in 20 years when cars with this shit age into my price range

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Because it looks and drives great. And I don't live in a climate that allows me to bicycle all year round?!? Especially when it is dark and snowy!

Also, the reviews on the car were pretty stellar. But, then again, if you gave me the car to screw around with on a frozen track in Scandinavia for 2 straight weeks, I might fudge my review too.

What car?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the new gen GTi has been universally critised for its touch screen and wheel controls.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
clear straight road ahead minus slow traveler in front of me. Check over my shoulder to pass, return view forward and the fuck has braked for seemingly no reason, nearly struck him.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I suppose... seems almost equally stupid. I guess turning down a dial instead is so boomer, right?
I sort of felt the same way a while back but it grows on you. The voice recognition has gotten really good so you don't have to speak super slow and use only certain words.

"Open butthole" works just fine.

• 1Solidarity

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
And my radio is possessed. If it is on, it will turn off randmly (and then turn back on randomly). Makes no difference if you are listening to radio (AM/FM) or Sirius or internet radio.

If the radio is completely off, it will randomly turn on.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Got new electrical service on a property last year. I was told it might be a few months before I got my first bill so I didn't worry about it for a while. I finally got nervous about it and called them and got the amount from the phone robot and sent the check. Unbeknownst to me, the address where I sent the payment for the installation of the poles was not the correct address for the regular monthly payments. I didn't realize it until I got a disconnect notice. I've been trying for over a week to talk to people where I sent the check and they won't call back. I tried talking to the people where I'm SUPPOSED to send the check and they are completely fucking worthless. Of the 3 I spoke to, only 1 even seemed to understand what was going on and the best she could do was leave a note for the accounting department to call me back. They are both the same compnay, there's got to be a way to just transfer the fucking money between them.

Oh and latest is over the weekend I got a receipt for a deposit of appx half of what I paid. Like, WTF do you think I'm depositing on and where the fuck is the rest of it? No phone number on this goddamn receipt either.