Whats rustling your jimmies?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Thanks everyone. It really is nice to hear.

I'm already getting those a bit Bandwagon Bandwagon , and man do they bring you to your knees. The other night I was getting the kids upstairs for bed. We go out on the deck and say goodnight to Papa (My wife's dad) as normal. These days we also talk to Mom. On the deck we also have a big glass jug that we put stones in (memory rocks) from whenever we go someplace. I take my daughter back to their room to get her changed in to pajamas but my son didn't follow. A few minutes later he comes in. I ask him "What were you doing bud?" He tells me he was singing a special song in to the memory jug so it would turn in to a wish and go up to the sky and bring mom back. Then he asks me if wishes come true. I had to tell him, not that one.

I'm fucking losing it on the couch in the dark and he just moves on to watching a video of a hamster going through a Mario themed maze.

Anywho, I've been on every incarnation of this board since I was 20 but rarely posted. I don't know if I'll go back to that level of lurking but I will stop hijacking the rustle thread.

Hijack to your heart’s content, IMO, or like Burren suggested, make a thread. If writing this out on the board helps you in anyway, keep it up, IMO.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
God damn this was quite a turn. We're normally saying this dickhead cut me off in traffic or I didn't get my Amazon order on time. Really puts things into perspective.

Some of us can be some huge fuckheads but I think there's some really solid advice going on and hopefully it helps to some degree. No need to go back to lurking (former/mostly a lurker myself) as there is support here if you need it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
God damn this was quite a turn. We're normally saying this dickhead cut me off in traffic or I didn't get my Amazon order on time. Really puts things into perspective.
Yea, I thought the same thing yesterday. Almost posted about some chunky toadlady at the grocery store yesterday and stopped because I remembered K KDow post.

That might make you feel guilty, KDow, but don't. I spent the next 15 minutes thinking that I shouldn't get so wound up about the small things, which is the daily lesson I need too.

You SHOULD start a thread, though. If you're comfortable continuing to share.

And lastly, I don't want you to forget this is FOH, soooo......

QQ fag

• 3Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 3 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Anywho, I've been on every incarnation of this board since I was 20 but rarely posted. I don't know if I'll go back to that level of lurking but I will stop hijacking the rustle thread.

We have the fuck cancer thread in off topic or you can start an equivalent in the grown up forum. Otherwise, feel free to vent here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Yea, I thought the same thing yesterday. Almost posted about some chunky toadlady at the grocery store yesterday and stopped because I remembered K KDow post.

That might make you feel guilty, KDow, but don't. I spent the next 15 minutes thinking that I shouldn't get so wound up about the small things, which is the daily lesson I need too.

You SHOULD start a thread, though. If you're comfortable continuing to share.

And lastly, I don't want you to forget this is FOH, soooo......

QQ fag

QQ!

...now that is a term I have not heard for a long time. (My QQ STFU license plates were banned 20 years ago, that's my QQ story )

PHGMD_2020.08.11_.png

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
QQ!

...now that is a term I have not heard for a long time. (My QQ STFU license plates were banned 20 years ago, that's my QQ story )

View attachment 474949
I need a further breakdown on that 3% to see how many think they know what it is, but are wrong. Lotta people think it represents a crying emoticon.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
"What music do you listen to?"

Gets me every time. Like what's the function of that question, the question behind the question? What valuable information could possibly be gleaned from that?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I talk to her out loud pretty much any time I'm alone. It really does help. When it comes to writing, I wrote her eulogy the day after and it helped immensely. I was really proud of it, and this past Sunday when we had her service there wasn't a dry eye in the place.

Prior to her death we took a lot of steps for the kids to have things as they grow up. We turned our deck in to a recording studio at the beginning of the year and recorded videos with each other, videos of her talking to her mom. Her and her college roommates. We also recorded her cooking her favorite family recipes (cheesecake and Ricotta cookies). She even recorded a message to them for the day she passed. The morning after (she passed around 9:30pm so the kids were in bed when I got home) I took them to the deck, read them the book the invisible string, and then told them mom died. I played the video but my daughter is just too young. She thought it was facetime and couldn't understand why mom wasn't talking to her. My son took it hard though, we had told him ahead of time that mom was really sick and that she might not get better. That shit suuuucked.

She also wrote a letter to each of them for every birthday from now until they are 18, a letter for marriage, first kid, and if they ever buy a house. Each letter has a gift she picked out or made. We finished printing the letters and putting them with the gifts 6 days before she passed. I still have like 30+ presents to wrap.

I had started writing each night when my song was young but then when she got sick again (2 months after her mastectomy) I had to stop. Gotta get back in the routine of it though.

I'm going to continue with the video recordings. Still a lot to talk about even if she isn't here.

For her service I asked that people bring pictures of my wife in a frame, from any time in her life. People really showed up. We have dozens of pictures I'm going to rotate on the walls. My kids will get to see their mom dressed as She-Ra at their age, high school awkward phase, having fun at college, will be nice for them to have.

Edit: Forgot to add an additional rustle.

Her dad died 2 years ago from cancer at 61 after having been sick for like 20 years, her mother has stage 4 colon cancer (it was slow spreading but she avoided the doctor for many years) and my dad has late stage dementia. Its going to be a rough couple years for my kids.
Man, I just caught up with this thread and can only add my sympathy to everyone else's. There are obviously no words that can make it better.

But holy shit, this post of yours is the single best post I've ever read, while simultaneously being the worst post because I just had to pretend I had something in my eye when my coworker saw a tear drip down my cheek (like that Indian guy from the commercial that isn't really even Indian if I remember correctly).

I'm not religious and have no idea if you are or not, but fuck, God bless you and your family, seriously. These are the times when I truly hope there is some sort of benevolent being and all of our loved ones (including pets!) are just waiting for us in a better world.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>

Gets me every time. Like what's the function of that question, the question behind the question? What valuable information could possibly be gleaned from that?

The endgame purpose is to procreate. In the short term it's to make small talk and see if you can catch a nut off the person. It's called an ice breaker.

and the only correct answer is "I like both kinds of music. Country AND Western"

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

The question that bothers me is "What do you do?" or "What do you do for work?" and so forth. It's literally the first, maybe second question every woman in her 30's or above asks me if we get into any kind of real conversation. Every date I went on with someone new in the last ten years or so. "Soooo what do you do?"

I do all kinds of things that are way the fuck more interesting than how I make money. I play music, exercise, game, plow RPGs, have lengthy discussions about politics and history, and occasionally raise plants. That's not what they're asking though, they're asking how I make money so they can judge it, either for not making enough, not being a "grown-up enough" job, working too few hours, working too many hours, traveling too much, traveling too little, not being consistent enough, or whatever else they can glean from what I'm doing that year. It's so goddamn annoying.

Anyway here's what got me rustled today. Ever notice how "sexual health" magazines tend to be full of woke doublespeak now?

1685039542962.png

This article says "people with penises" and "people with vaginas" at all times, even when it doesn't make sense, with ONE exception: When it's citing something where men benefit and women are the victim, suddenly they're more than happy to use the word "men" again.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
People choosing to fly Frontier airlines and then bitching about the seats not being wide enough/too hard, not having free movies/TV, paying for snacks etc. Bitch, you paid $98 round trip from Tampa to NY. STFU. It's called a low-cost carrier for a reason.

• 3Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just booked my Boston trip - 500$ total round trip from Orlando including two bags and front row seats with Spirit. Would have been over 1k$ using American. Can still fly cheap and be comfortable if you know what to buy. Only concern is if a chimp out breaks out near me, but haven't had any issues yet. Honestly, the worst part of the trip is driving in and out of Orlando.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Ever notice how "sexual health" magazines

No. Wanna know why? Because unless playboy and hustler are sexual health mags, I've never seen one. Why are you reading that garbage?

• 3Worf

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I do all kinds of things that are way the fuck more interesting than how I make money.
Interesting to you, not to her. She's interested in whether or not you fit into her "can he take care of me" and "will he impress my friends" buckets. Everything else is WAAAY down the priority list.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Just booked my Boston trip - 500$ total round trip from Orlando including two bags and front row seats with Spirit. Would have been over 1k$ using American. Can still fly cheap and be comfortable if you know what to buy. Only concern is if a chimp out breaks out near me, but haven't had any issues yet. Honestly, the worst part of the trip is driving in and out of Orlando.
Spirit is just too ghetto for me. Good luck. Frontier had almost all Whyte Peepo.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
The question that bothers me is "What do you do?" or "What do you do for work?" and so forth. It's literally the first, maybe second question every woman in her 30's or above asks me if we get into any kind of real conversation. Every date I went on with someone new in the last ten years or so. "Soooo what do you do?"

I do all kinds of things that are way the fuck more interesting than how I make money. I play music, exercise, game, plow RPGs, have lengthy discussions about politics and history, and occasionally raise plants. That's not what they're asking though, they're asking how I make money so they can judge it, either for not making enough, not being a "grown-up enough" job, working too few hours, working too many hours, traveling too much, traveling too little, not being consistent enough, or whatever else they can glean from what I'm doing that year. It's so goddamn annoying.

Anyway here's what got me rustled today. Ever notice how "sexual health" magazines tend to be full of woke doublespeak now?

View attachment 475053
This article says "people with penises" and "people with vaginas" at all times, even when it doesn't make sense, with ONE exception: When it's citing something where men benefit and women are the victim, suddenly they're more than happy to use the word "men" again.
I used to ask this question all the time, before the working world grounded me into jaded cynicism. Work meant pursuit, purpose, and major portion of one's effort. It wove into economics, marketing, tourism, community - pretty much every part of life and connectivity. Asking about what you do is a relevant pie of positive, valuable information without even touching judgment.

but yeah.. I've since encountered a small but significant number who responded like you have here, and a great deal more (including those respondents) who view work as bullshit and rather not be reminded of it.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least three quarters of cars on the road are black/white/gray and it's depressing, not only because of the lack of color, but also the lack of imagination and individuality rampant these days. Too many god damn sheep.

• 1Like

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
At least three quarters of cars on the road are black/white/gray and it's depressing, not only because of the lack of color, but also the lack of imagination and individuality rampant these days. Too many god damn sheep.
How are you going to lump black in with white and gray? Black is awesome.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Black, white and silver "usually" are the three colors that don't have an upcharge. Might be a factor.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fedex says it delivered my package. Left in the mailbox they said. Can't find it.

These fucks threw it over my back yard fence.

bbb.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users