Whats rustling your jimmies?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Batteries to the gun safe died. I had to use the key. But seriously questionable design / engineering flaw for Stack-on gun safes that there is a single, physical key override (an no way to "jump-start" the dead key-panel). The dead batteries are locked inside the safe.

Doesn't matter that the 44 magnum "the world's most powerful handgun and will blow your head clean off" is useless after 4 AA batteries die.

Pretty dumb engineering. Pretty dumb me. But at least I knew where I hid the key...
Weird because on mine the battery compartment is outside

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Being rule of law white middle class high trust citizen. Store fucks up and doesn't ring me up for $40 item, go back inside and get my ass charged for it.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Being rule of law white middle class high trust citizen. Store fucks up and doesn't ring me up for $40 item, go back inside and get my ass charged for it.

Once realized I had missed scanning some bottles of shampoo on a grocery trip when they still had the scan as you go app. Honest mistake, but still. Scanned them and put them back next shopping trip to make up for it. Feel like a nerd doing it, but my conscience won’t let me not try to fix that sort of shit. I feel you.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Nah fuck that. I only do this for small businesses. Megacorp diversity hires can't scan the items correctly it's on them. I've stopped correcting them because it's like every fucking time. Mostly not paying attention, sometimes missing items others not realizing a pop up for something came up and not paying attention.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Nah fuck that. I only do this for small businesses. Megacorp diversity hires can't scan the items correctly it's on them. I've stopped correcting them because it's like every fucking time. Mostly not paying attention, sometimes missing items others not realizing a pop up for something came up and not paying attention.
Couldn't agree more, I will closely watch as the she-boon scans my stuff to make sure she doesn't screw up in the company's favor but I won't ever alert them to when they screw up in my favor.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I used to care, but not anymore. The supermarket I go to most has perhaps the slowest checkers I've ever seen. TWO of them are transgender as well. All fat. The one MTF has these massive fucking fake nails so he can barely grab the items, and all of them grab just one item, swipe it, wait for the boop, put it down, reach for the next item. One handed, never picking up one item while scanning another. It takes fucking forever if there are even a few people in line. And God forbid if there are no baggers and the motherfuckers have to then bag your shit one item at a time. Like 90% of the time those fat tranny fucks are the only ones checking and I have too much shit to go through the self checkout (or booze), so I'm almost always mega-rustled.

You know who checks the fastest and I always get in their line if they are checking? A twenty-ish black dude with a Play (from Kid 'n' Play) style haircut. I guess he hasn't had his soul sucked out of his body yet like the rest of them, because he actually puts some effort into it. I always thank him for having some hustle too, and have even filled out the online comment card about how every single motherfucker there except him is slow as fuck, but I doubt it matters since they probably have seniority or they can't fire fatties/trannies easily.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Id be rustled as fuck if my grocery store self checkout had item limits or didnt allow booze. Thats bullshit. Now Im pissed just thinking about it.
There isn't actually an item limit, but there is nowhere near enough room for a full cart, and if you want to bag as you go you have to walk down to the end and grab bags, as they aren't conveniently fucking located right at each checkout, because why would they make that easy? It is likely because they don't want you to even use the bags. And I'm not some fag that brings my own bags, someone needs to fill those landfills! EDIT: I totally forgot, you can't even bag as you go, as you get the "Item removed from bagging area! Alert, alert, you have 20 seconds to comply!" bullshit.

That's also ignoring the multiple people giving you dirty looks as you monopolize a self-checkout with your 50 items while they just want to quickly swipe a few, so I kind of get it and don't use it if I have too many or the store is busy. I'd be annoyed if I were behind someone like that too, so I'll suffer through being annoyed at shitty checkers instead.

Alcohol is definitely a no though, which fucking sucks. I always let people go in front of me if all they have is a case of beer or something, assuming they aren't obviously homeless, because I hate having to go through a normal line for booze too.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I have never lived somewhere with a HOA. At least, not for any length of time that was enough for me to know they existed.

I can't believe people put up with this shit just because you don't want to live somewhere where your neighbor might decide they don't want to cut their grass.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I have never lived somewhere with a HOA. At least, not for any length of time that was enough for me to know they existed.

I can't believe people put up with this shit just because you don't want to live somewhere where your neighbor might decide they don't want to cut their grass.

HOAs aren't much different from school districts. If you want them to not fuck with you or your kids check it out ahead of time, before you buy in, and get involved. There are HOAs that are amazing, some that try to be controlling but forgot to include enforcement clauses, and some like the one in the article.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
HOAs aren't much different from school districts. If you want them to not fuck with you or your kids check it out ahead of time, before you buy in, and get involved. There are HOAs that are amazing, some that try to be controlling but forgot to include enforcement clauses, and some like the one in the article.
Not to mention, a TON of places people want to live have them, IE all suburban neighborhoods

Sevens

Log Wizard
So as I have posted on other threads, my weight got a bit out of control.
About a year ago I had lost enough weight and was in good enough health I decided to buy me a nice new bike. I saved up my plasma donation money and about 2 months ago I went down and bought me a brand new 18 speed Fuji Hybrid. 850 bucks that thing cost but I was happy and for the next month I enjoyed riding on the bike paths around the town I live in. Then one morning a lady making a right hand turn on a red light failed to see me in the cross walk and ran into me and mangled the front tire of my bike. Nicely enough she agreed to pay for a new bike ( The bike shop totaled the bike ). So less than a week later I had another (exact same make and model bike) new bike. Once again for about a month I enjoyed riding my bike around the bike paths...up until Wednesday when I got up (at 6 am) and rode down to my local plasma donation center, locked up my bike right outside the donation centers door and went in to make my donation. One hour later I come out and lo and behold my (second) brand new 850 dollar fucking bike was gone. Stolen.
Jesus Fucking Christ....almost a year of saving up my donation money, and 2 bikes later I am now, once again, without a bike.
Fuck
Fuck
Fuck and
Fuck

• 8Rustled
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 8 users

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't know what kind of town, but riding a bike to a place that is 50% crack heads and the like in it, probably wasn't the most defensive behavior to have. For that much money might have been worth trying to air tag it etc.

Sevens

Log Wizard
I don't know what kind of town, but riding a bike to a place that is 50% crack heads and the like in it, probably wasn't the most defensive behavior to have. For that much money might have been worth trying to air tag it etc
The air tag thing was on my menu, just hadn't gotten around to it yet. Its actually a pretty nice area where the donation center is and as I said It was at 7 am (when I went in). Just didnt really expect anyone who was a worthless piece of shit to be awake at that time. Live and learn. Only upside is that I did indeed have bicycle insurance and have a claim in with them now.

Untitled.jpg

Side note: when talking to the police I was informed that everything had to be done manually as the whole city was under a cyber attack, seems its the same people who have hit Ascension Healthcare (where my daughter works).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user