Whats rustling your jimmies?

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Stores that start blocking people from coming in up to 30 minutes before their posted closing time.

My closest Home Depot started doing that lately, whatever. Come to find out my closest JC Penny has started doing the same BS as well.

If you want to close at 8:30pm instead of 9:00, then post 8:30pm online and on the doors to your store...

I can understand 5 or even 10 minutes, or locally owned stores (like my HobbyTown), but I never thought big box stores were starting to do the same but worse.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Stores that start blocking people from coming in up to 30 minutes before their posted closing time.

My closest Home Depot started doing that lately, whatever. Come to find out my closest JC Penny has started doing the same BS as well.

If you want to close at 8:30pm instead of 9:00, then post 8:30pm online and on the doors to your store...

I can understand 5 or even 10 minutes, or locally owned stores (like my HobbyTown), but I never thought big box stores were starting to do the same but worse.
We used to do that in a store I worked in ages ago. Tell management and it will end. It got back to our GM and the closing manager got ripped a new one.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
We used to do that in a store I worked in ages ago. Tell management and it will end. It got back to our GM and the closing manager got ripped a new one.
Yup, 9 times out of 10 this isn't policy and it is some employees taking it upon themselves to close early so they can leave early. I'd say once every 5 years or so I catch some of my employees turning off the open sign early or saying they don't accept any orders 30 minutes prior to close so they can leave early. They usually get fired, it really rustles my jimmies when my employees close up shop early and piss off customers because of it. It REALLY rustles my jimmies when these are typically the same employees bitching that they don't get enough hours.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
In high school the welfare mamas with 4-5 shopping carts full often had to be herded to the checkout lane after closing time, no matter how many times it was announced over the PA.

And sometimes, instead of food stamps, it was a bag full of coupons. Expired coupons.

Fucking store was next to a dumpy apartment complex. But I was making $7/hour... in 1992.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
2000 SATURN. Theres one set of switches for each window in the center console. The driver side window started getting stuck halfway down a lot and finally just stopped working along with the other windows.
lol I also have a 2000 Saturn, represent. Mine isn't cool enough for power windows though.

Nester

Vyemm Raider

We had the opposite problem. One of our mangers would let people line up at the door before 8:30 then just sit in his office drinking coffee until it hit 8:30 on the dot...We are here to help people, not watch the clock. He got shit canned.

People lined up to give us money and he is like...na...RULES !!

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Yup, 9 times out of 10 this isn't policy and it is some employees taking it upon themselves to close early so they can leave early. I'd say once every 5 years or so I catch some of my employees turning off the open sign early or saying they don't accept any orders 30 minutes prior to close so they can leave early. They usually get fired, it really rustles my jimmies when my employees close up shop early and piss off customers because of it. It REALLY rustles my jimmies when these are typically the same employees bitching that they don't get enough hours.
Another one of our employees told a customer at 5:20 that it would take 20 min to do his transaction and we close at 5:30 and he does not get overtime so he was not going to do it. Thankfully another supervisor walked by and overheard it, told the employee to just go home then helped the customer with what they needed.

The first employee was actually surprised he got fired the next day. To be honest it was our fault, this guy should have been let go months before.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I've been on both sides of the coin. On one hand you have asshole employes, on the other, you have people who come into a store 4 minutes before closing, looking to find special order product, discuss options, go through an entire purchase process that should take 1-2 hours and are oblivious. Those people need to be told to GTFO.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Used to tell my employees at Office Depot (unrelated: shit company) to go kindly let people know we were closing in 15 or so minutes and help them find what they needed. 99.5% of customers were appreciative we let them know and of the personalized help. .5% were worthless assholes who complained we were harassing them and threatened to sue if we didn't give them shit for free. Fucking cumstomers.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Used to tell my employees at Office Depot (unrelated: shit company) to go kindly let people know we were closing in 15 or so minutes and help them find what they needed. 99.5% of customers were appreciative we let them know and of the personalized help. .5% were worthless assholes who complained we were harassing them and threatened to sue if we didn't give them shit for free. Fucking cumstomers.
Four years front shop at Sears Automotive. Thankfully I always turned down management training/promotions otherwise I might still be there. Had this conversation or a variant of it sooo many times. "Hi I need an evaluation/two+ hours worth of work." "Can you leave it with us overnight or would you like to return tomorrow? Unfortunately we close in 15 minutes and still have 4-10(lol coworkers...) vehicles in line." "I CAN'T LEAVE MY CAR OR COME BACK THIS IS AN EMERGENCY IT HAS TO BE DONE RIGHT NOW THAT'S WHY I CAME IN AT 7:45PM TO HAVE MY BRAKES FIXED. THEY HAVE BEEN MAKING NOISE FOR MONTHS AND THREE WEEKS AGO THEY LOST THEIR STOPPING POWER!"

Also the lady whose tires I wouldn't rotate for free /w coupon because racist(almost always free w/o). Nothing to do with the steel showing. Also the five hour wait for an oil change was racist punishment for her being upset at my racism. Not the 20 people ahead of her who got the same $10 oil change/free rotate coupon and the 5 or 6 customer with hour+ jobs.

Then there was this guy. "I need a battery for X." "Okay, this is our Plus Start(low end) and we also have our Diehard(mid level)". "What about the Diehard Gold? You think I can't afford it because I'm black? "/awkwardseal No sir...? We just don't make the Gold or Platinum in that group size." "I bet you fucking make them when white folk want them. I should beat your ass you racist motherfucker." Good times. Miss my store manager so much. He may have hired some of the dumbest motherfuckers I ever met but he was damn sure the only reason I stuck around. He always tried to get me to move up but I wouldn't have lasted long without being able to pass those "customers" off.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
People who ask advice for their train wreck lives and them do the exact opposite.
I try to filter these people out of my life as quickly as possible. They really just want to complain about their drama & get your sympathy, but they do it under the guise of pretending to ask for advice. They don't want advice, they already have their mind made up on yet another bad decision, no matter what you tell them. But since they asked people for advice, even if they didn't follow it, once their actions blow up in their face they can somehow justify that it isn't their fault(yet again)

I've had friends like this. They aren't worth the time or effort or the drama they unload on everyone around them.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
People checking and buying like 20 lottery tickets when there is a line-up behind them at the store.

Especially when they are buying more based on the number of small wins on the ones they check.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Someone threw away/stole my plants from next to my front door. They were growing do nicely and now I have to start all over again. Very rustled.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I try to filter these people out of my life as quickly as possible. They really just want to complain about their drama & get your sympathy, but they do it under the guise of pretending to ask for advice. They don't want advice, they already have their mind made up on yet another bad decision, no matter what you tell them. But since they asked people for advice, even if they didn't follow it, once their actions blow up in their face they can somehow justify that it isn't their fault(yet again)

I've had friends like this. They aren't worth the time or effort or the drama they unload on everyone around them.
I won't go into the whole story, but I once spoke with a woman who was about to make a dumb decision. After she ignored me, I asked her to imagine that her 18 yr old daughter had come to her with the exact same problem and asked her which decision she'd tell her to make. She would have given her daughter the good advice, but she went and did the other thing anyway.

mr208

N00b
I drive a 2012 subie wrx hatchback and live in Seattle. Two separate times now, I have parked next to cars of similar, lesser and greater value but my car is the only one with the rear door (pass then driver) windows bashed in. They dont take anything from my car and the only thing valuable in there is my radar detector on the front dash. Why not just brake the front window and take the detector? Just to note, these were done in daylight in two separate locations and I parked in relatively decent neighbor hoods (I have not had this problem where I actually park daily). at 350 a pop, I am pissed. I just changed my insurance to a 0$ deductible, now watch it will never happen again and I will have to pay the premium difference. I never ran into this problem living in DC... Fucking. Jimmies. Rustled.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I drive a 2012 subie wrx hatchback and live in Seattle. Two separate times now, I have parked next to cars of similar, lesser and greater value but my car is the only one with the rear door (pass then driver) windows bashed in. They dont take anything from my car and the only thing valuable in there is my radar detector on the front dash. Why not just brake the front window and take the detector? Just to note, these were done in daylight in two separate locations and I parked in relatively decent neighbor hoods (I have not had this problem where I actually park daily). at 350 a pop, I am pissed. I just changed my insurance to a 0$ deductible, now watch it will never happen again and I will have to pay the premium difference. I never ran into this problem living in DC... Fucking. Jimmies. Rustled.
I drive a 2010 Mazda 3, my neighbor drives a 1990 something Ford Taurus. He's had his car broken into 3 times since he moved in. Mine hasn't even been scratched, nor have any of the other cars in our lot.