Whats rustling your jimmies?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Can't go into the True Detective thread because I didn't get a chance to watch it last night.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Being sued by your sister after have increased her net worth tremendously in the last 10 years with ZERO risk and zero investment on her part.

Basically someone saying "Here's a 1,000 acres that cost you less than nothing" and then you turn around and sue.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Being sued by your sister after have increased her net worth tremendously in the last 10 years with ZERO risk and zero investment on her part.

Basically someone saying "Here's a 1,000 acres that cost you less than nothing" and then you turn around and sue.
Sounds like much more to this story, what is her action?

Borzak

I haven't got into the fine details since I'm out of town. I'll have to have my attorney review it. My grandmother set up a trust of land and put me at 51% and my sister at 49%. Her beef is that because she isn't a majority controller she can't sell land. I was put at majority for two reasons. One because I'm a male and my grandmother who is 94 is like that. Two, because I have a forest management and wildlife management degree so I manage the land (and under the terms of the trust I could bill her for my time but I don't).

I made a LOT of money for her. I managed a 3 way land trade between us, a timber company where I had contacts, and the US Forest Service- where I had contacts, because the US Forest Service wanted to consilate holdings. We picked up a gross of amost 1,000 acres and we got mineral rights. Those mineral rights were leased during the fracking boom in the area around 2007. It was enough she quit work, bought a new house and paid cash for it.

Now apparently she has got the bug she wants to sell some of it. It's a steady income maker with timber and leasing hunting rights.

I think someone has her ear. Pisses me off.

That doesn't include that the original part of the land was an original land grant to my name sake for being a signer of the TX decleration of independence. Getting more ticked just thinking about it.

Borzak

On another topic, people on the interstate in the middle of nowhere who can't drive without having a friend. They speed up and slow down to make sure they drive right next to you at all times for no reason when another car isn't in sight in either direction.

Borzak

Well the poeple driving next to you once they find a "friend" in the middle of nowhere has been going on since I could drive.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Siri is just as useless as it was 4 years ago. It's mind boggling that they haven't improved that piece of fucking shit since it came out. I wish Steve Jobs was still alive so he could flip the fuck out on some people and make that shit functional. I've used iPhones for a long time because I'm used to them, have some work apps I use a lot and they've been reliable but thinking about switching to android because of that cunt Siri.

Cymbaline

Trakanon Raider
Borzak_sl said:
On another topic, people on the interstate in the middle of nowhere who can't drive without having a friend. They speed up and slow down to make sure they drive right next to you at all times for no reason when another car isn't in sight in either direction.
This. This, and all the geniuses on the road who have it so figured out that they speed up to the end of a merge lane to skip over all of us idiots who got in the lane early like normal human beings and think they can just pop in the front of the line. Fuck you.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I've bitched about conexis before, the people running my flex account. Now they've fucking suspended my account because they didn't like the receipt the dentist office gave me. Just to be clear, this money that I have 12 months to spend (5 left now) or I lose it, is now unaccessible because they decided the receipt for it wasn't good enough. It has graduated from harassment to attempted theft. I can't believe it's legal for them to do that shit, but apparently it is. This is probably the first time in my life that I really wished anonymous was my personal army.

Siliconemelons

I've bitched about conexis before, the people running my flex account. Now they've fucking suspended my account because they didn't like the receipt the dentist office gave me. Just to be clear, this money that I have 12 months to spend (5 left now) or I lose it, is now unaccessible because they decided the receipt for it wasn't good enough. It has graduated from harassment to attempted theft. I can't believe it's legal for them to do that shit, but apparently it is. This is probably the first time in my life that I really wished anonymous was my personal army.
There have been carry over rules that have changed for FLEX accounts recently, its just if your company / manager company has decided to go that route- its something like X$ can be carried over for 1 year before surrender. The need for receipts has in the past few years become a standard rather than an exception like it used to be- Dentist has always been a EOP-receipt needed thing because you cannot use the money for cosmetic and almost every dentist office does both- get some fillings and teeth whiting? only the fillings can be paid for by the FLEX card. And also, normally the money not used is given back to the company you work for not the management company- they are standard flat fees per person etc.

businesscats_sl

shitlord
I work on long distance trains. It irritates me when I have to ask people 5 damn times 'where are you going? what's your ticket say?' and they repeatedly say 'I don't know.' Did you buy a ticket to some random place or are you that fucking stupid.

Siliconemelons

Health savings account if you can.
Haven't we been over this in this or similar thread, not everyone has access to HSA's only those on High Deductible Healthcare Plans do (i.e. Obama Care etc.) - but yes if you are on one of those plans that can access and HSA - it is far better in its "use" than a FLEX card.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
There have been carry over rules that have changed for FLEX accounts recently, its just if your company / manager company has decided to go that route- its something like X$ can be carried over for 1 year before surrender. The need for receipts has in the past few years become a standard rather than an exception like it used to be- Dentist has always been a EOP-receipt needed thing because you cannot use the money for cosmetic and almost every dentist office does both- get some fillings and teeth whiting? only the fillings can be paid for by the FLEX card. And also, normally the money not used is given back to the company you work for not the management company- they are standard flat fees per person etc.
The need for receipts isn't even what I'm bitching about now, that was last month. I can't believe they are allowed to suspend the fucking account. I mean shit, if I don't get it sorted out by the end of the year, then let me pay the taxes. The cumguzzlers shouldn't be able to deny access to the money on what amounts to their own whims. There's no reason the receipt shouldn't be good enough, it's got all the information they requested. But it had more information, so they told me it looked like a patient information form, and not a receipt. I don't know WTF I'm supposed to do, white out all the extra information about my address and blood type? The Dentist office is no help either, they just keep sending me the same thing. The last thing she sent was exactly the same except she hand wrote the charges in the margin. If they accept that, I guess it just means they were too stupid to see the list of charges the first time.

BTW, it doesn't really matter who would wind up with the money, thievery is thievery. Was robin hood not a thief just because he gave it all back to the poor?

Siliconemelons

Yeah they need a line by line of services and charges - and they are all a little anal about when they suspend the account due to a "non confirmed" charge- usually it's a few weeks or whatever.

Usually they will ask for an EOB- explanation of benefits charges from the insurance claim that has a full line by line of everything done it's price, adjusted price and patient-copay amount and then have that to line up with the charge record etc.

And the hold stuff...is kind of a trade off on the pre-funding of your flex card, usually you "pledge" 500$ through X$ per paycheck- yet you have full funds avail Jan 1... except flex card for dependent care (from TONS of abuse) those funds are only available after actual funding happens.

It's mostly a tax shelter, and really only advantageous if you have high known medical expenses.

If you didn't do a insurance claim then you are relying on the Dr office to get u what u need... if all that is on the form u sent them, you just have to slowly explain it to them for their brain cells to rub together and realize you gave them what they want.