Whats rustling your jimmies?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
So I have this deck that I planned on tearing down and replacing next year (this year I'm building a shed). The deck was shoddily built, there are deck boards that are rotting out and I don't like the shape of it. Oh, and for whatever reason the asshat who owned the house before me decided to paint the damn thing rather than stain it.BUTthis weekend we are supposed to have party for our kids first birthday and my wife was freaking out about the deck being in pretty bad shape so I spent the last four days cleaning, prepping, and putting a fresh coat of paint on the turd-of-a-deck so it is presentable for the party. Thankfully the previous owner left a couple gallons of the paint he used on the deck so I didn't have to waste any money on the project, just a bunch of my time.

Now it is supposed to rain this weekend. Jimmies rustled.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Stupid mother fucking drivers who do everything possible to get 2-3 cars ahead in traffic. Seen stupid fucks cut through banks drive through to get back into the road and retards take a detour through houses.

mr208

N00b
Dr. Red Duke passed away today at age 86.

Iconic Houston surgeon, Dr. James Duke, passes away | abc13.com

Among other stuff he's responsible in part for life flight. Pretty down to earth guy. Used to be on the news here every week with a short segment.

082515-ktrk-duke-body.jpg

RIP, but the dude looks like and older Michael Cera with a 'stache.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
The media won't stop talking about Katrina and they want to turn it into a race war.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
My girlfriend will text me shit like,"I am sooo mad." or "you'll never guess what happened to me today" and then wait for my reply. Rustles my jimmies. Just fucking tell me what happened, don't make me ask.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I have nearly broken my wife if that habit, because I fuck with her when she does it. My favorite it to start in like she's already told me what it was and say something like "No way what a fucking cunt!" "Did you report it?" etc.

But in reality you and I are both just being jerks. Girls like to know someone cares enough to ask.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have nearly broken my wife if that habit, because I fuck with her when she does it. My favorite it to start in like she's already told me what it was and say something like "No way what a fucking cunt!" "Did you report it?" etc.

But in reality you and I are both just being jerks. Girls like to know someone cares enough to ask.
I've done just about the same, every time she asks "Guess what?" I'll say something like "Your bricking home Jessica Biel and locking her in our basement?" and at this point she stops asking me to guess and just tells me so I can say "Sorry to hear that" as opposed to weird bizarre shit just to screw with her.

Today major jimmies rustler, assholes who drive in an 'exit only lane' to cut in front of you. Guy in an suv sped down one and cut across missing the concrete off ramp divider by it couldn't of been more than a few feet - huuuuge jimmies rustler.

Then my pickle got tickled because a cop was in the other lane and pulled that dumbass over for what I assume to be a reckless driving ticket.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So my colleague in the office next to me changed her office phone ring tone to the exact same one as the Riddler in various Arkham games. It triggers me bad, no matter what I am doing it breaks my concentration and puts the stupid Riddler's voice in my head and fills me with frustration as I really hate those damn riddles.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last week UPS freight lost 1 of 3 packages to be delivered to me. I asked the driver if they knew where it was/when I could expect it and he says he doesn't have a clue. Usually when ups loses a package I've gotten in the next day or two or not at all. 8 days go by and still no package. So I say, well I guess I'm never getting that package and reordered the part. The next day the lost package shows up.....

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
For weeks there's been that damn spiderweb built right on top of the stairs of my deck. Been walking through it every morning during most of the summer but never found the spider.

Until last night. I realized I left my bike outside so I go out of the house late in the evening to push it in the garage and there it is, the body the size of my thumb and hanging in midair dick high. I climbed down around it to make sure to not disturb it, pushed my bike in the garage and came back with a blow torch.

rrr_img_107794.jpg

Fuck you.

W

Wrathcaster

Getting texts from ex's I haven't talked to in years at 2-3 am out of nowhere. They almost always start with "Hey! How you doing?" Then progress to "I just needed someone to talk to." Then culminating in a fucking novella about getting knocked up by a cheating boyfriend or having their wedding being broken off by a cheating fiance. And people call me an ass for sending blackout drunk texts in the middle of the night. At least I have the decency to make no sense whatsoever.

It must be the season or something. I've had this happen to me 3 times in the past 2 months.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Reminds me (not the woman) of time warping text. Summer before last I went to Seattle for a job interview. I had a full day off so I drove our to Mt. Rainer and took some pics and texted a few to a friend.

8 months later he got 3 text and called to ask why I was back in WA.

Tech I guess.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't know why, but suddenly over the last few months I've started seeing more and more nautical decor with the words "Anchors Away!" on the pieces. You keep using that word...

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Reminds me (not the woman) of time warping text. Summer before last I went to Seattle for a job interview. I had a full day off so I drove our to Mt. Rainer and took some pics and texted a few to a friend.

8 months later he got 3 text and called to ask why I was back in WA.

Tech I guess.
This happens to me and my girlfriend now and then. Just recently I got a text like an hour before we were supposed to meet somewhere that she wouldn't be able to make it. I was obviously irked at the short notice, but it turned out she had sent that text like a week before in relation to other plans we'd had prior. I even looked on her phone and it was time stamped as being sent a week earlier, but time stamped as being received my be a week later. It's happened a few times.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The opposite? I thought weighing anchor was dropping it, and aweigh was lifting it. If I had to guess, I would think anchors away would mean cutting it loose because you don't have time to lift it. Is there a term for that? Seems like there is, but I can't remember it.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
Nope, weighing anchor is raising it off the sea floor. Dropping anchor is, well, dropping it. Anchors aweigh is reporting to the officer/captain that the anchor has been raised and the ship is now officially under way (Even if its not moving, as long as its not still tied up to anything).