Whats rustling your jimmies?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This is a jimmy rustle thread being mad is expected please respect the posters rights
4T3PNCD.gif

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Roundabouts on roads that wherent originally designed for them can suck a bag of dicks. Theres a couple here that are in side streets in residential areas that are so tight you practically have to stop to enter it.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Paraphrasing the meeting I was in earlier today, 'There have been allegations against you; after camera review, the allegations could not be proven. However, something else completely unrelated did happen and since you failed to report it you'll be relocated to a much worse place.'

The thing? Somebody lost their balance and fell. They got back up and carried on with their day. I didn't record it because it was mundane.
"If they even as much as fart, I want you to record it," my boss said.
Nobody's got time for that.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like you don't care about safety and properly documenting your shift in execution of your duties. You're lucky to still be employed quite frankly. I hope no one else is placed in danger due to your negligence.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
We recently had someone slip and fall here and also try to just get up and go on with their day. My boss wouldn't have any of that either, and it ended up being a big thing because since this is the night shift all the urgent care places are closed. She was literally required to go to the nearest receiving hospital emergency room to get evaluated.

Pennilenko

Silver Knight of the Realm
Interview for a new job, entry level IT position. Meet Director of Infrastructure, dude is awesome. Meet operations manager, dude is sage and I end up looking forward to learning a ton of stuff from him. Go to work first day, direct supervisor is a straight up feminist SJW bluehair. She immediately reads me the riot act about me being a male and better having to watch my shit or else. Jimmies fucking rustled.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
holy fuck. People who defend roundabouts. Jimmies rustled.

These things are literally the worst traffic invention ever; they literally reward the more aggressive driver. Roundabouts should be banned and anyone who defends them castrated.

Four way stop, motherfucker, its how civilized people drive.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Roundabouts are more efficient and safe because it's hard to have anything more than a glancing collision. They do get totally fucked when they're above capacity though.
Anyone that doesn't like roundabouts is a backwards incest goat fucker that hasn't given then a chance.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They put a pair of roundabouts in a town nearby. Smaller town of 20k. But it's right in front of the regional medical center that draws the entire parish. Lots of older folks and such and they tied it in with the onramp and exit to the interstate.

It's been in use for 2 months and I read the other day they are changing it back to a stop sign and light because it's been one traffic accident after another. I went thru it a couple of time and started going the long way around. All they needed was to add a turn lane which caused the back up going in one direction.

It wasn't even a 4 way intersection but rather a T. No idea what they were thinking.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No shit, roundabouts are great. People who don't know how to use them is what makes roundabouts frustrating. If there are is no traffic, you just blow right through them. But no, really, lets put a 4 way stop there and make every single vehicle stop for no fucking reason at all. Roundabouts (when navigated correctly) allow a much better flow of traffic. Blame retard drivers if you don't like them.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They were thinking "surely the population will learn how to use this efficiently"
The biggest issue with the one I mentioned before it's tied into the exit of the interstate at a truck stop. The trucks exiting the interstate really can't make the turn and stay in one lane around the thing and there's a constant stream of them. The other day they were nearly backed up onto the interstate thru the exit ramp becuse of the traffic circle. It's pretty odd. Then the people not in trucks have to stop and yield to let an 18 wheeler go around the roundabout and take up 2 lanes to get to the truck stop.

Apparently everyone is doing what I did, cut thru the residential area as a short cut if you aren't exiting the interstate.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
No, roundabouts are objectively terrible. In a 4-way stop when two cars come into close proximity on intersecting courses, theyre moving very slow.

In a roundabout, the drivers are incentivized to keep moving as fast as possible while they approach each other in some fucked up mad max version of a traffic device, and the one who yields to avoid dying gets criticized for "not understanding roundabouts".

Fuck roundabouts.

Sykick's diagram is the best rebuttal of roundabouts I've seen and I dont even think it was intended that way. "Heres an absurd spaghetti diagram, how hard can it be?"

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hate people who don't know how to signal at roundabouts.

rrr_img_129528.jpg
Yeah, this is really simple. The person in the roundabout has the right of way and the ppl entering yield. There is a roundabout in a small town in ohio that is just the opposite, the people in the roundabout have to yield to ppl entering, that is fucking stupid. Locals get pissed when I slow down to drive through it, but fuck if I'm trusting the person in the roundabout to stop.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
How the fuck was Batman v Superman in production for a EXTRA YEAR and still managed to suck that bad!?

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Drivers are incentivized to keep moving as fast as possible while they approach each other in some fucked up mad max version of a traffic device, and the one who yields to avoid dying gets criticized for "not understanding roundabouts""
It's not that you don't understand traffic circles, it's that you don't understand the yield sign. Which is pretty much my biggest criticism of drivers (at least in New York). Yield does not mean use your best judgment, yield does not mean slow down to a really trivial speed but continue to move (probably one of the most common reactions I've ever seen. It makes no sense, if you're still moving you're still entering the lane, if you go slow without stopping, you're basically a speed bump to someone in the active lane, and are asking for a collision).

Yield means, as you approach the merging active lane, you look to your immediate left, and decide to either stop or go, its a binary decision.

If you see someone on your immediate left, and know that you can't match their speed, and they're to close to your merge point, as you approach the yield, you stop. If the person on your left is far out, and you can judge their speed will not overtake yours as you enter you can enter. If you don't see anyone on your left, you can enter.

If you don't know, if you're not sure, if you feel like you must hesitate, stop.

When you see a stop sign you slow to a stop before the stop sign, you don't see a stop sign and say "gee I better speed up to get ready and jam on my break".

If you approach a yield, and you can't gather enough information about the active lane you're attempting to merge into, you treat it as a stop sign.

You can get into accidents in traffic circles, I have, but they should be at greatly reduced speeds, greatly reducing the danger. If you or the person in the circle are going "Mad Max" speeds, you're breaking the law--either intentionally, or through lack of understanding.

I have seen bad traffic circles; in cases where they are over engineered, but the basic traffic circle works well, providing people understand how it works, and know that they're entering one, prior to actually entering one.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah, this is really simple. The person in the roundabout has the right of way and the ppl entering yield. There is a roundabout in a small town in ohio that is just the opposite, the people in the roundabout have to yield to ppl entering, that is fucking stupid. Locals get pissed when I slow down to drive through it, but fuck if I'm trusting the person in the roundabout to stop.
Hahaha, is that near Akron?

joz123

Potato del Grande
I have a green right turn arrow and a guy makes a fucking u-turn illegally into my same lane. I lay into my horn on him, he STOPS in front of me for no fucking reason then he honks his horn and waves his arm for me to go around him. Fucking rustled.