Whats rustling your jimmies?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
My son only wants to eat chicken nuggets, but he'll only eat them if you give him ample sauce. He'll drench the first one and just leave it there and then eat the rest without sauce.

Picky eaters.

I get my son some chicken nuggets. He sees a kid with ice cream. He refuses to eat, because he wants ice cream.
I say, after you eat your chicken, and only if you don't complain.
He stopped complaining but didn't eat.
Mother joins us.
Throws away his uneaten Chic-Fil-A nuggets
Gets him ice cream
orders herself...
..chicken nuggets.
on my credit card.

9am. Wife asks, what's your plan today?
"Job applications and then park."
Wife: What, you're going to go to the park during naptime? (afternoon)
Me: No, 10:30
She proceeds to pace around the house popping in to bug me for being on Rerolled and elsewhere, telling me about how much time I'm wasting. Chain smoking in the motherfucking house.
I read all my articles, get 4 applications finished, dressed, and son dressed = 10:25.
Me: Ready?
She answers by walking out the side and smoking another. (Another rustler: Smokers; don't smoke before leaving. Smoke when you get there. Most places you can comfortably finish in the time it takes to cover the distance of the parking spot. Otherwise you're just wasting everybody's fucking time.)
Whatever, I pack the son in the car and get in myself.
11:40 she's still getting ready. Has changed her outfit twice, redone her make up.
I make myself some food because I've been spending too much health and currency on eating out. Son refuses. Wife answers by smoking in the kitchen.
Get the to park, have a blast. I swing by Wendy's to get 4 for 4. nugs for him. sip of soda for me and the rest for her.
She gets upset I drank out of her soda. Gets up and orders two of the largest sized drinks. One for her and one for our 2yr old WTF?
He drinks out of it maybe once. Plays with the identifier buttons and spills it.
She drinks less than half of it and throws it away before leaving.

When people pour themselves a full glass of your soda, drink it to half and throw out the rest because it's too old.
this is not a real post. this is not a real post. this is not a real post.

rustled

Siliconemelons

Pay it forward is not what it used to be back in the day "oh thanks random dude for my free Mc donalds...yeah God loves u 2" now it's an assumed chain of "okay, now I pay for the person behind me." And it goes on and on... for many places it messes with the order flow and then you force the poor shmo who's running solo that wants one darn thing to pay for my entire family's meal as I am behind him.

Rustled...

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
What kind of facility allows the patients to attack you? I worked as an RN in a psychiatric unit for 5 years (plus one as a tech) and I was never assaulted. In my 6 years there, as staff member was punched by a patient once. I only got shit on me once and that was when an old man literally shit the bed. If I thought a patient would assault someone, they would not be allowed to see a counselor/therapist. I am not sure what a mental health counselor even is if it isn't a LCSW or psychologist.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
What kind of facility allows the patients to attack you? I worked as an RN in a psychiatric unit for 5 years (plus one as a tech) and I was never assaulted. In my 6 years there, as staff member was punched by a patient once. I only got shit on me once and that was when an old man literally shit the bed. If I thought a patient would assault someone, they would not be allowed to see a counselor/therapist. I am not sure what a mental health counselor even is if it isn't a LCSW or psychologist.
My assumption was social work or outreach rather than a facility with a psych ward since I had those same questions.

Also I wouldn't get pissy if someone tried to pay for my lunch, I'd just politely refuse. I'm just not interested in dealing with or hearing about whatever reason they have for doing so. I'm there for lunch. Pick up my check before it gets to the table at a sit down? Sure, whatever floats your boat. I did that myself for a couple the night before last after talking to the husband while I smoked. But I didn't ask you to pay for my shit and I didn't ask to be involved in whatever song and dance that's going to involve just so someone can jack themselves off with /feelgoods over stupid pointless bullshit.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I currently work in a community psychiatric rehabilitation center. My patients are drug abusing assholes; they have called and threatened me but no one has assaulted me. We fire patients for making threats, we would never keep someone who physically assaulted staff (and this is the last stop on the train for access to services for this population of indigent fucks). I just don't get it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Live in an apartment. Girlfriend will leave for somewhere and doesn't lock the door. It's not that I'm personally scared for myself though we live in a pretty shitty area, but for fuck sake isn't that just common courtesy? Leave the apartment for several hours, lock the door on the way out. I shouldn't be taking a shit and hear the door open... because she also seems unable to latch it so the wind will blow it open.

Also, texts me that she's on the way home so I should start dinner that will take about 20 minutes. 40 minutes later texts me saying sorry, she's on the way home now.

Not that she chain smokes and is a shitty parent, but still.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Background: Quantum Health Technologies, in conjunction with Advance Science Manufacturing, has developed a proprietary method of placing energetic formulas onto a holographic disc. These formulas can be changed to provide energy, help reduce pain, drain your sinuses, help you sleep, and much more. No drugs are involved and nothing enters the body. Simply place the disc near the appropriate acupuncture point and in most cases results can be felt quickly. Think of it as acupuncture without the needles.

How it Works: Every part of your body gives off energy. When you are healthy, you are energetically balanced. Being energetically balanced means all these energies are at their proper levels and frequencies. When you are not, then illness and other issues appear. We believe, the holograms adjust the abnormal energy back to normal by using a method known in physics as entrainment. Entrainment has been clinically demonstrated using pendulum clocks. Multiple identical pendulum clocks were placed on a wall near each other and the pendulums were swung. After a period of time, all the pendulums were swinging together. The clocks obviously energetically interacted with each other. We believe our disc operate in a similar manner. They energetically interact with the human body to balance it energetically. No drugs are used, and the disc only needs to be within 2 or 3 inches of the body to work. (Yes they can go on clothes or on top of a band aid) Because of the way energy travels through the body, optimum results are achieved when you are properly hydrated. Because this method can only move you back to normal, you cannot overdose. The body will only take what it needs. Discs deplete when in use. Normally discs will last 3 to 7 days. Caution - These products work when within a couple of inches of the body. When this occurs, the energy in the discs is depleting. When removed away from the body, the energy depletion stops. For this reason do not put all your discs in your pocket for an extended period of time. You are using them!
http://www.firstquantumconnection.com/

Coworker at work is gushing about these things and trying to pass them off on people. I just couldn't keep my mouth shut and now am getting subject to tons of facepalming condescension from the "all natural" crowd. "Yes we know you don't care if Pfizer is poisoning you, some of us have families we need to be around for to support."

She's literally herding people away from standing near or passing by her storage area because apparently human proximity causes the discs to become depleted.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I currently work in a community psychiatric rehabilitation center. My patients are drug abusing assholes; they have called and threatened me but no one has assaulted me. We fire patients for making threats, we would never keep someone who physically assaulted staff (and this is the last stop on the train for access to services for this population of indigent fucks). I just don't get it.
I work for a residential facility. We have four cottages with 60 residents total . Staff are at a 5-8:1 ratio (3-4 ideal but we are under staffed). The residents range from never wearing clothes and rectal digging to gunshot wounds and being here as an alternative to jail. I broke up four fights today, one involving 2x4's, one i got domed from behind. We don't do mechanical or chemical restraints or locks, apart from nursing stations, closets, and bathrooms. We can get suspended for as much as cursing.
Almost every MHC has been out to injury. I've personally have had dislocated ribs. This is my first real dealing with the mentally ill but I cannot imagine this place being outside the norm. Plenty of coworkers have worked elsewhere and their stories are comparable.
12$/hr is better than average. Some coworkers make 10 something i hear. When I was assistant manager at Arby's, I made 9.95 and GM at Bojangles was salary but with those crazy hours it worked out to be around 10.50$. (As some kind of scale, my rent is 325$ for a two bedroom apartment).

Putting this much work into people with near zero potential.
Unsupported middle class

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My dad. Hes in his 60s but literally has the mentality of a 16 year old. A 16 year old with 50k income.

So last month he got it in his head that he just had to have a motorcycle. Thing is though is that he has some very serious health issues, mainly being a useless arm due to severe nerve damage and a bad ulcer on the bottom of his foot making riding a motorcycle extremely dangers for him and everyone around him. When he first brought up he wanted one, I sat down with him and told him how terrible on an idea him buying one is. He response was he didnt care if he died he would die happy(literally said that) and that it was his dream(he owned a motorcycle 10 years ago, but it was stolen + a bunch of other valuable stuff by some guy off craigslist he was renting a room from). He didnt give a damn what anyone else thought so he ended up buying one.

The really retarded part is he drives a 10+ year old minivan that probably has 300-400k miles on it if not more(before it was my grandpa and he would drive it form texas to az once a year). Drives it across the country at least twice a year from Minnesota to Arizona(another incredibly idiotic thing he does) between his retirement "home" and pretty a literal van down by the river. Now this van has pretty much been driven into the dirt. He just recently spent money having a new engine put in it which ended up not working at the same time he was buying this motorcycle. I told him before buying his motorcycle he needs to buy a new vehicle, and not piss away thousands on a toy. Didnt listen

So today I guess he decided to drive back to Minnesota. Problem is his van broke down only a couple hours into driving. End result? Hes asking me to go pickup the trailer his motorcycle is on and take it back to his van down by the river.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Get into work today and hop into the cafe for a bagel since I was running late and didn't make breakfast. Get my bagel and get to my desk and find an email about free bagels in the office next door. Slightly rustled.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Pay it forward is not what it used to be back in the day "oh thanks random dude for my free Mc donalds...yeah God loves u 2" now it's an assumed chain of "okay, now I pay for the person behind me." And it goes on and on... for many places it messes with the order flow and then you force the poor shmo who's running solo that wants one darn thing to pay for my entire family's meal as I am behind him.

Rustled...
It's not the pay it forward people's fault that you're a dumbass. When you start something like that, you know full well that eventually someone will break the chain. Just break the fucking chain and enjoy your free meal. It's not as if gnomes will break into your house and rape you. It's a pay it forward chain, not an email chain.

I've personally have had dislocated ribs.
I didn't realize ribs could be dislocated. Something doesn't have to break for them to move out of place?