Whats rustling your jimmies?

P8P_sl

shitlord
how people tend to believe that using hands free devices in their car to use their phone or mess with the radio/stereo is a much safer alternative...

Salshun_sl

shitlord
how people tend to believe that using hands free devices in their car to use their phone or mess with the radio/stereo is a much safer alternative...
At work I'll get calls from some asshole doing 60mph down the highway wanting me to reboot a server When I ask if they're driving, they come back with "Yes but I'm using a Blue Tooth device".

I give them a "Cool story, breaux" tell him to call back he's parked and hang the phone up before they can respond. Fucker is willing to risk his life over something that he can't even take advantage of right now.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
People who think that talking in a car is incredibly unsafe and significantly increases risking your life. I can slightly understand the laws in some states against holding a phone because if you needed to do some serious defensive driving you're going to be impaired but you can drop anything you're holding pretty damn fast. If they're going to ban holding phones why not just legally enforce 2 hands on the wheel at all times. Seems pretty much the same thing but I can at least understand both sides of the debate on the held phone. Hands free devices in cars though are definitely safer than even riding with a passenger for most people. On top of talking (oh the horror) there are visual cues people give during conversation that they retain in the car like glancing over making eye contact or hand gestures.

That said my jimmies get the fuck rustled out of them about texting and driving. I live in one of the only eleven states that doesn't ban texting and driving. I have about a 30 minute commute each way every day and I always see 1 or 2 people swerving. 90% of the time they're texting.

Edit: Holy shit I just looked up the laws to verify the texting facts. Out of the 11 states that don't ban texting while driving SIX OF THEM ban texting for novice drivers (usually age based, permits, and/or intermediate licenses). That means those states even acknowledge the significant danger but are alright with most of their population doing it.

P8P_sl

shitlord
umm...yes, texting is very stupid because you need to look away from the road...but...the talking, not the holding of the phone is the issue...

you can hold a phone, puff a cigarette, sip your drink, or shift, with one hand with no problem...it's the concentration of being engaged in a conversation (either on the phone or with the person next to you)that's the issue...it is literally impossible to retain as much concentration to driving than if you weren't...

that's why when people talk to me while i'm driving, i usually give them the bitch treatment (yeah, uh huh, oh, ok...what?)...this way when someone makes a stupid turn in front of me, i can process and respond a lot quicker than if I was actually thinking about what we were talking about

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Not being able to sleep before work today because I found out around 7pm that a close friend of mine was murdered yesterday morning. Jimmies super rustled, and hella depressed.

257gnfc.jpg

YIMMY_sl

shitlord
When people look at me like i'm the bad guy for asking for no mayo on a sandwich. STOP WITH THE MAYO!!! MAYO 2013.

P8P_sl

shitlord
Stopped by a KFC this morning and they had run out of chicken for the sandwiches.

/rustled
oh my god...when KFC first came out with the double stack or double down or whatever it's called...this happened to me...so...fucking...rustled...but back then, i was pissed...

edit: oh, and care-a-mel...

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Driving in the HOV with one car in front of me and no other cars in front of it for 1/2 mile. Fluctuates speed from 45-70-50 over and over, hits breaks with no one in front of them while doing 55. Also, just because the cars that aren't in the HOV lane are hitting their brakes doesn't mean you need to come to a damned stop.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
People who put two spaces after periods when typing a document in Microsoft Word. It's not a fucking typewriter you old fucks.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
it's called APA format...i'm required to do it in all my work...
No, it's not called APA format. APA format just happens to prefer using two spaces after a period.

2 spaces after a period is a relic of monospaced fonts and APA is fucking awful for suggesting the use of it.

Siliconemelons

Its not a APA requirement last I looked, nor MLA- it just a do not deduct points for this- as it is acceptable either way.

What rustles my jimmies? ACTUALLY rustleing my jimmys, I picked something up off the ground and I dont know...omg it was turrble

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
People who put two spaces after periods when typing a document in Microsoft Word. It's not a fucking typewriter you old fucks.
Young whippersnappers that don't respect their elders!

Seriously though, it was drilled into me so much, and I typed so many papers in college (on computer, but was still required), that it would be virtually impossible for me to unlearn it. Eventually people like me will all be dead and you can bask in the benevolent glow of fewer spaces wasted.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Nope, still lives on. My dad taught me to type(on a computer) and I still do it.

Hmmm, this forum software auto-removes more than one space after periods. Jimmies rustled.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Assholes who don't replace the toilet paper roll.
I'd rather them not replace it than put it on backwards. But since you made me think about it, about 50% of the time, the toilet paper situation in public bathrooms rustles my jimmies. Particularly when they have one of those huge mega dispensers that you need a key to get into. My biggest problem with them is when whoever built the fucking bathroom puts them nearly touching the toilet. I mean seriously, isn't my life bad enough that I'm even having to shit in a public toilet? You gotta fuck with me more by making it impossible to sit comfortably on it, or be able to comfortably reach the toilet paper? Here's a tip, if its literally easier to accidentally piss on the toilet paper dispenser than to get TP out while seated on the toilet, you've installed it wrong. Someone needs to write some fucking guidelines for these motards. Another thing about the dispensers that pisses me off is when they're designed to limit the amt of TP you get before it rips off. Admittedly, I don't see these as much anymore. Im not sure if its because people have figured out they are terrible, or if I'm just shitting in classier joints these days.

While I'm on bathrooms, handicap toilets piss me off when that's all they put in. If your knees aren't above your waist, you can't get a good shit going without making a huge mess. Hell it was hard for me to find a good one even when I was replacing the one in my house. Every damn one of them at the home depot and lowes was either a kiddie toilet, or 'ADA compliant' 'comfort height'. And its not just the store's fault, that's 99% of what the toilet manufacturers make.

Young whippersnappers that don't respect their elders!

Seriously though, it was drilled into me so much, and I typed so many papers in college (on computer, but was still required), that it would be virtually impossible for me to unlearn it. Eventually people like me will all be dead and you can bask in the benevolent glow of fewer spaces wasted.
Bythen,hewillbetherelicforusingspacesatall.