Whats rustling your jimmies?

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Having to remind the guy at the drive-thru window multiple things in a single stop

Where's my drink?
<oh yeah sorry>
How about a straw?
<here>
Hey, can I get some Arbys and Horsey sauce?
<kid looks like he's about throw a fit>

Like...JFC...this is your job. These are standard with most orders. People shouldn't have to remind you.
Every time this happens to us now, my wife goes “and these goons are going to start getting $15 an hour”.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
What gets me is that a lot of the time, they react like you're the asshole for being forced to ask them for shit that they should be offering.

Like...ok, you forgot a lot of shit. Sure. But that's on you. I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but it's your fuckup. Try to fix it, apologize, etc.

I'm not looking for self-flagellation levels of contrition here...just an acknowledgement, or the realization, that they fucked up would be nice. 'Oh, I forgot to ask if you wanted ketchup, here!' <dumps copious amounts of ketchup packs into your bag without having some sort of 'resentful cunt' look on their face>

But instead you get people who actually get irritated at you, the customer. And I'm generally non-confrontational, so it irks me when I'm forced to sit there and yell at the dude to open the drive thru window back up because he's already cut me off and doesn't care that I'm missing shit.

I've worked at McDonalds in the past, and I know full well that this shit is all just standard SOP. Drink, straw, receipt, condiments, napkins, etc.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
What gets me is that a lot of the time, they react like you're the asshole for being forced to ask them for shit that they should be offering.

Like...ok, you forgot a lot of shit. Sure. But that's on you. I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but it's your fuckup. Try to fix it, apologize, etc.

I'm not looking for self-flagellation levels of contrition here...just an acknowledgement, or the realization, that they fucked up would be nice. 'Oh, I forgot to ask if you wanted ketchup, here!' <dumps copious amounts of ketchup packs into your bag without having some sort of 'resentful cunt' look on their face>

But instead you get people who actually get irritated at you, the customer. And I'm generally non-confrontational, so it irks me when I'm forced to sit there and yell at the dude to open the drive thru window back up because he's already cut me off and doesn't care that I'm missing shit.

I've worked at McDonalds in the past, and I know full well that this shit is all just standard SOP. Drink, straw, receipt, condiments, napkins, etc.

Ugh this happens to me all the time, I rarely use drive thru's anymore because of it. The last one I did, you could tell it was going to happen again: right off the bat they sounded pissed I was even there, their 'welcome' was super annoyed. Yep, they fucked up no less than 3 things in a simple order. My last time at BK, they ran out of fries! Not: wait while we make more, just...out!

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Having to remind the guy at the drive-thru window multiple things in a single stop

Where's my drink?
<oh yeah sorry>
How about a straw?
<here>
Hey, can I get some Arbys and Horsey sauce?
<kid looks like he's about throw a fit>

Like...JFC...this is your job. These are standard with most orders. People shouldn't have to remind you.
To be fair, it's kinna your fault for going to fuckin Arby's.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
'Oh, I forgot to ask if you wanted ketchup, here!' <dumps copious amounts of ketchup packs into your bag

I don't like ketchup so I get the opposite. "Do you want ketchup?" "No". 100 packets dumped into the bag. I know I should start answering yes so I only get 1, but I have this idealistic hope that someday I will get no ketchup.

• 1Worf

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>

Well now you have to ask for condiments or you don't get them. Maybe they are applying that to straws, napkins, etc... For environmental friendly reasons /sarcasm

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Well now you have to ask for condiments or you don't get them. Maybe they are applying that to straws, napkins, etc... For environmental friendly reasons /sarcasm

One that drives me insane is when I get a salad and they never bring me a fucking fork. No napkins with wings is also a big wtf moment as well.

• 2Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
The worst part about the ketchup isn't even that I don't like it. It's that it's sitting in this fucking bin that dozens if not hundreds of people shove their grubby paws into day after day. Then it's tossed on top of my goddam fries.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The worst part about the ketchup isn't even that I don't like it. It's that it's sitting in this fucking bin that dozens if not hundreds of people shove their grubby paws into day after day. Then it's tossed on top of my goddam fries.
You really want your jimmies rustled?

As a kid, whenever I'd tear the corner off of one and squeeze all the ketchup out, I'd stick that end in my mouth and try to suck the rest of it out.

I have no idea why I did that. It wasn't like there was a ketchup shortage or something.

EDIT: even worse, they're never cleaned. Drop some on the floor? Back in the bin. Packet explodes in shipping, and there's 20 other packets stuck to it? Maybe wipe them down and pull them apart.

...maybe.

I saw some shit when I worked fast food, LOL

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I don't like ketchup so I get the opposite. "Do you want ketchup?" "No". 100 packets dumped into the bag. I know I should start answering yes so I only get 1, but I have this idealistic hope that someday I will get no ketchup.
I feel you, I HATE ketchup with a passion and always order my burgers without it and almost without fail it comes packed with the shit. I have had these assholes actually just scrap the shit of my burger then try and give me the burger back now without ketchup. WTF are you thinking, Im not eating that shit.

• 1WTF

Izo

Tranny Chaser
dumb and dumber ketchup GIF

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Fuck that, fries should always come with ketchup. Deliscious, immune-boosting ketchup.

People who didn't ask for ketchup probably just forgot, hate America, or were too shy to ask.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck that, fries should always come with ketchup. Deliscious, immune-boosting ketchup.

People who didn't ask for ketchup probably just forgot, hate America, or were too shy to ask.
This reply Rustles my jimmies. Did you even read the post? Hoss isn't talking about ketchup-fry relationship. He's talking about money fingers and unwashed hands touching the exterior of the packets that may or may not have first fallen on the floor and returned to the box before being placed directly on top of unwrapped food now touching all of that nastiness.

I have a giant Watch Later list that I relax to, deleting what I see as I go. When some videos have been tagged as for children and can't be removed from the list, so I have to manually click past them everytime like a damn caveman. - If any know how to remove these videos from a YouTube watchlist, please tell.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This reply Rustles my jimmies. Did you even read the post? Hoss isn't talking about ketchup-fry relationship. He's talking about money fingers and unwashed hands touching the exterior of the packets that may or may not have first fallen on the floor and returned to the box before being placed directly on top of unwrapped food now touching all of that nastiness.

I have a giant Watch Later list that I relax to, deleting what I see as I go. When some videos have been tagged as for children and can't be removed from the list, so I have to manually click past them everytime like a damn caveman. - If any know how to remove these videos from a YouTube watchlist, please tell.
This reply rustles my jimmies in return. WTF exactly did you think I meant, when I used the phrase "immune-boosting ketchup"?

I do always enjoy when people think that the ketchup packets are the only thing people touched while preparing your food. If you're eating food prepared by other people, you're eating food other people touched. Best just accept it. The ketchup packet is so far down the list of contamination concerns its hysterical.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I eat my fries plain, but sometimes with bbq instead. come at me
Plain plain, or plain with salt? Cause salt is more than enough for me, I don't like dipping into sauces or whatever, but no salt is just kinda weird.

• 2Solidarity

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Hoss Hoss do you just eat your fries plain? Or do you smother them in mayo like the Euros do?

Usually with salt only. Sometimes I'll dip in mustard or mayo and mustard combo. Never mayo only. When I do that its because the mustard and mayo has dripped off my burger. But if the fries are so bad that they need to be dipped I just don't eat them.

Also at Wendy's I'll dip them in my frosty.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I feel you, I HATE ketchup with a passion and always order my burgers without it and almost without fail it comes packed with the shit. I have had these assholes actually just scrap the shit of my burger then try and give me the burger back now without ketchup. WTF are you thinking, Im not eating that shit.
That only happens to me at McDonald's so I stopped going there. No ketchup no onions apparently means ketchup and onions only. Last time I went it was a fucking cheeseburger and they didn't even put the cheese on it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Quality Calories

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Plain plain, or plain with salt? Cause salt is more than enough for me, I don't like dipping into sauces or whatever, but no salt is just kinda weird.

No salt is fine on large cut fries that you soak up some vinegar with. (English 'chips')