Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If he goes whole hog maybe. Beat up car like that, I'd fix it just enough so it works right and nothing is rubbing. Scars give it character.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
1630065879760.jpeg

These double lines at fast food restaurants are one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen. It saves no time at all because it’s still just one fucking lane, introduces more tension and stress because I have to merge with fucking idiots that try to get in front of me even though I finished my order first, and also seems like they fuck my order up more because of it. I would like to Blood Eagle whoever thought of this stupid fucking idea.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Harrow
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 4 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
View attachment 369394
These double lines at fast food restaurants are one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen. It saves no time at all because it’s still just one fucking lane, introduces more tension and stress because I have to merge with fucking idiots that try to get in front of me even though I finished my order first, and also seems like they fuck my order up more because of it. I would like to Blood Eagle whoever thought of this stupid fucking idea.
yeah in principle they should save time, because of the idiots who wait til they get to the speaker to start thinking about what they want to order.

the problem is these same idiots are now in charge of deciding who goes first when we merge. Its not complicated, its waiting in line then merging, but this is far too much for these geniuses.

whether its a standing line or cars in line at the drive through, people who cut in line are subhuman and should be put down like zombies, almost as a mercy killing.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
View attachment 369394
Even worse is when the outer lane has a gap in it for someone to cut in line. That actually happened once when I was further back. Someone was waiting in the middle to see which side went first and some douchenozzle went around and cut in. The guy he cut kept honking his horn every time the guy tried to speak his order.

The reasoning for the double lanes though, perception of the customer. Time wise it’s no quicker but to the average idiot two lanes looks faster. The only place that does it right is the one with two lanes and two cashiers, one on either side of the building. It’s checkers/rally’s I think.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Even worse is when the outer lane has a gap in it for someone to cut in line. That actually happened once when I was further back. Someone was waiting in the middle to see which side went first and some douchenozzle went around and cut in. The guy he cut kept honking his horn every time the guy tried to speak his order.
I don’t even like the fence sitters. Just pick a lane and live with it. That is hilarious about honking the horn. Next time some one does something stupid I’m gonna do that, after I make sure they’re not capable of beating my of course.

Oldbased

> Than U
Everything. I want the world to die but I want to live long enough to hear it screaming doing it.
Die motherfucker die

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
View attachment 369394
They do that to increase capacity.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chik-Fil-a does it really well. They have people taking the orders in person between the two lines and then they tell you when - and coordinate - the cars merge in the correct order. Plus they're fucking nice, respectful, and happy employees.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Mosquitoes. They are horrendous right now. Its like im in the swamps of Florida.

• 1Solidarity

wellijustdontknow

Trakanon Raider
Ok, double lines means that they can start making orders faster, instead of one at a time. Some items don't get cooked until you order it. The frozen fish filet at Mcd's take a while to cook. My rustle is the"please pull forward". No, I'll wait here. They do that so that their drive through times appear shorter. Fuck that, I don't want you to walk across the parking lot after leaving me to wait. No ketchup in the bag, "go fuck yourself". Now, I have to drive around, or go inside. Fick that, I hate fast food anyway. Sometimes, you have to break down and go. Fuck it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
View attachment 369394
I used to live near a Burger King that had the 2 lanes but the fuckers would only take orders from the left one so there would be a pile of cars waiting for nothing.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 369394

It does speed things up. First off, half the people don't know what they want till they see the menu. So the order taker can be taking another order during that time. Second, as wellijustdontknow said it means they can start making 2 orders at a time. How many times have you been inside a place and there were like 5 orders being held up because of fries? In the drive through, there will be 5 orders that haven't even been started because of those missing fries. The extra lane gives you like 3 more orders you can get started. I don't think you understand how much down time there is in the drive through. Third, it keeps the waiting cars from backing up onto the street and blocking in the walk in customers. I expect to start seeing triple lanes soon.

Not everybody does it as well as chick-fil-a so it's possible that you just have a gaggle of idiots running your local drive through. But you better believe the others didn't copy CFA without it being proven. You shouldn't be getting the wrong order because when you pay at the first window they set the sequence. If you do it;s the same dumbassery that caused you to get the wrong order sometimes when there was 1 lane.

LOL the only response to something like this is to pay for the guy behind you. Then at the second window take his order too.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I was out with my dad one time and we saw a hot, pregnant redhead. He looked at her and said "Mmm MMM Godamn, women are fucking sexy when they're pregnant". There was a pause for about 2 seconds and we both just looked at each other, and I just said "nuh uh, no" and we both chuckled and never talked about it again. This must've been 10 years ago or so and I completely forgot about it until now. And now it's back in my brain again.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I was out with my dad one time and we saw a hot, pregnant redhead. He looked at her and said "Mmm MMM Godamn, women are fucking sexy when they're pregnant". There was a pause for about 2 seconds and we both just looked at each other, and I just said "nuh uh, no" and we both chuckled and never talked about it again. This must've been 10 years ago or so and I completely forgot about it until now. And now it's back in my brain again.
Your dad was right, but only when it's your woman.

• 1Dislike

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I got a VA home loan for my house. Since them, the amount of mail I get every day has increased 5x and it's all bullshit refinance offers that are disguised to look like they came from my mortgage company. It's infuriating to me that this type of shit is allowed to occur, and honestly, the degree to which I get spam mail in general.

I would love it if our elected officials would see the fucking benefit of addressing mundane issues that the majority of Americans face instead of spending all of their time on the issues that get in the news. Campaign on ending spam mail, executing people that run spam callers/robodialers and while we're at it, prohibit Wal-Mart from paying lude-infused single moms to try to check my fucking receipt for all the shit I just paid for when exiting the store.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Like

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I got a VA home loan for my house. Since them, the amount of mail I get every day has increased 5x and it's all bullshit refinance offers that are disguised to look like they came from my mortgage company. It's infuriating to me that this type of shit is allowed to occur, and honestly, the degree to which I get spam mail in general.

I would love it if our elected officials would see the fucking benefit of addressing mundane issues that the majority of Americans face instead of spending all of their time on the issues that get in the news. Campaign on ending spam mail, executing people that run spam callers/robodialers and while we're at it, prohibit Wal-Mart from paying lude-infused single moms to try to check my fucking receipt for all the shit I just paid for when exiting the store.
I went through the same thing recently. I pretty much throw out 99% of my mail without opening. I also have a community mailbox that is about 5 houses down so I check my mail every week or so when it's full. I thought about conducting an experiment where I have a few bins and throw these kinds of junk mail into bins by category (warranty, ads, etc) and see how much accumulates in a year. Send a few pics to the turbo liberal climate hippies and they'd probably go ape by the volume of trees being destroyed :)

• 1Like