Whats rustling your jimmies?

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
The younger ones are definitely having a problem with it. I communicate with clients almost exclusively through text and some of them have really large difficulties making themselves understood. What blows my mind is the 1:1 translation of their inner voice to whatever they're trying to tell me, so sometimes I get run on sentences of 'so like it comes down and maybe has like this part that goes below my arm big but not like too big like normal size etc etc etc' No actual clear or obtainable information, no specificity, 90% of the time asking for me to just trace something that they got off a first-page Google Images search or off of Pinterest.

I used to get mad about those kind of people but I stopped engaging with it emotionally a while back. If the person seems to have a modicum of attention or understanding I take the time to try and talk them out of stupid ideas or extremely popular designs, though sometimes being subtle about it flies right over their head (you'd think being told that a tattoo artist has done the same exact design 5-6 times in the last two years would give them pause, but nope.) So if they barrel on through being stubborn, fine. Whatever. Get your laser-printed copy of the same stupid design 3 other bitches working down at Wallyworld have, and gtfo.

Another annoying one is the idiot kids that lie to you on the phone to get in the door. Boys and girls alike, it seems to be common to the ones under 25. Most recent one was a kid calling for a walk-in asking to get his father's handwriting tattooed on his thigh. I ask him how long the sample is and he says five lines. Yeah. More like fifteen lines, when he shows up. Fifteen lines of bubble font that he wants upside down on his leg, because he wants the full death note from his father in totality, including such inspiring lines as 'Im dying slowly' and 'don't live like i did.' Oh, and its a picture of the note, not the actual note, so have fun photoshopping the lines to be straight and readable because ya boy took a picture of it at a 45 degree angle in a dark room.

"I told you I had an hour to do this."
(Him, sweating) "Yeah"
"This isn't five lines," say I. "This is one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight--"
"O-oh, well uh, I mean"
"Nine, ten, eleven...."

What is the fucking point of lying to your technician, no matter who it is or what they're doing for you? I could be working on your fucking car. You don't start a business arrangement on a lie.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Was just served -- apparently some fucking guy here in Texas (two guesses what kind of person it is) wants to sue me for $250K over a minor fender bender that took place just under two years ago. Coincidentally that is also the statute of limitations for personal injury resulting from an accident.

• 3Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wheres this at? I need to go cruise in the left lane
I like that fucking faggot wanted to take what was likely going to amount to a verbal warning, and if she wanted to pursue it and put her dyke pants on be hauling him out by force.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What's rustling my jimmies right now is how slow that fucking video is loading. I let it get to the end and replayed it and it's still stopping and starting. I'm trying to jerk off here, dammit.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's rustling my jimmies right now is how slow that fucking video is loading. I let it get to the end and replayed it and it's still stopping and starting. I'm trying to jerk off here, dammit.

Think of it like foreplay

• 1I Came

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
When following a step-by-step guide and midway through :
A) it skips steps
B) and the options on my end are different.

Made it generic/universal because it always sucks. What presently sucks is my Note 8 phone lost the ability to connect to machines using usb cable. Four different guides and none of them are valid (B).

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The younger ones are definitely having a problem with it. I communicate with clients almost exclusively through text and some of them have really large difficulties making themselves understood. What blows my mind is the 1:1 translation of their inner voice to whatever they're trying to tell me, so sometimes I get run on sentences of 'so like it comes down and maybe has like this part that goes below my arm big but not like too big like normal size etc etc etc' No actual clear or obtainable information, no specificity, 90% of the time asking for me to just trace something that they got off a first-page Google Images search or off of Pinterest.

I used to get mad about those kind of people but I stopped engaging with it emotionally a while back. If the person seems to have a modicum of attention or understanding I take the time to try and talk them out of stupid ideas or extremely popular designs, though sometimes being subtle about it flies right over their head (you'd think being told that a tattoo artist has done the same exact design 5-6 times in the last two years would give them pause, but nope.) So if they barrel on through being stubborn, fine. Whatever. Get your laser-printed copy of the same stupid design 3 other bitches working down at Wallyworld have, and gtfo.

Another annoying one is the idiot kids that lie to you on the phone to get in the door. Boys and girls alike, it seems to be common to the ones under 25. Most recent one was a kid calling for a walk-in asking to get his father's handwriting tattooed on his thigh. I ask him how long the sample is and he says five lines. Yeah. More like fifteen lines, when he shows up. Fifteen lines of bubble font that he wants upside down on his leg, because he wants the full death note from his father in totality, including such inspiring lines as 'Im dying slowly' and 'don't live like i did.' Oh, and its a picture of the note, not the actual note, so have fun photoshopping the lines to be straight and readable because ya boy took a picture of it at a 45 degree angle in a dark room.

(Him, sweating) "Yeah"
"This isn't five lines," say I. "This is one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight--"
"O-oh, well uh, I mean"
"Nine, ten, eleven...."

What is the fucking point of lying to your technician, no matter who it is or what they're doing for you? I could be working on your fucking car. You don't start a business arrangement on a lie.
Please start a tattoo artist thread and tag me when you do.

• 2Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

(Him, sweating) "Yeah"
"O-oh, well uh, I mean"
"Nine, ten, eleven...."

Serious inquiry: I believe I've seen some of your art here, but I'm not positive. If it is what I'm thinking of, I liked the style quite a bit. Do you ever do non-tattoo work for commissions?
Please start a tattoo artist thread and tag me when you do.
I would be greatly interested in any kind of art thread, too. Doesn't have to be tattoos, just anyone that is good at art and wants to share.

• 1Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Serious inquiry: I believe I've seen some of your art here, but I'm not positive. If it is what I'm thinking of, I liked the style quite a bit. Do you ever do non-tattoo commissions

Thereotically, yes. In effect, with how busy shit's been, not really. If we're talking digital/game related art (stuff like what's pictured in the avatar) I am very choosy about the stuff I take on. If it's a commission in that style I'm only interested if its creepy shit, monsters, and half-naked bitches.

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If it's a commission in that style I'm only interested if its creepy shit, monsters, and half-naked bitches.
Whip me up something with Biden the Warlock sniffing the soul out of Hansel and Greta Thmmmburg. I got abouta tree fiddy.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Worf

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That sounds tattoo worthy. Especially if Greta fulfills the "half-naked bitches" aspect.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
There's a picture on the internet of a girl who has an infant tattooed around her pussy. It's a fake, but I can't think of anything creepier than that. Checks at least 2 of your boxes and technically the 3rd since the person wanting it would be a monster.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wifes company fucked up deductions. So now she owes like 3k it seems like. The tax software I use doesn't really break it down in he or she owes. I'd just file seperately but married but we have to be joint for some reason to claim her $2500 college credit.

Messy and kills probably any of the toy money I was going to get helping cover hers. (We keep seperate finances.)

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
There's a picture on the internet of a girl who has an infant tattooed around her pussy. It's a fake, but I can't think of anything creepier than that. Checks at least 2 of your boxes and technically the 3rd since the person wanting it would be a monster.

You bigot! That's just (insert Anime character that the artist claims is a 1000 year old soul trapped in an infants body)

I threw up typing that.

• 1Like