Whats rustling your jimmies?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only veteran(let alone one who spent a year in a combat zone) who isnt on disability at all, or even filed a claim of any sort?

Week ago talk to a friend while hes in the hospital and he mentions hes 40% disabled, $1400/month for life. Now this guy deployed to Afghanistan, got hit by a few ieds so I dont think to much of it.

Out of the blue a guy I used to work called me up. Ask him what hes been doing and he says nothing, im 100% disabled. $4800/month for life. Goes onto tell me just about everyone we worked with has some sort of disability or is working on a claim. Some of these guys never even left the States and deployed like me. From what hes said none of these dudes have like actual my leg got ran over by a forklift at work type claims, just oh this is an issue for me now in my mid 30s etc.

I honestly feel like a fucking retard here.

Huh, until I read this post I assumed I was the only one who felt this way. Both of my neighbors retired from some service (Air Force on one side, Coast Guard on the other). When I first moved in, the black dude was bitching that he could 'only' get 90% disability. Fast forward a few years, and he finally got 100%. Now his pension is 100% tax free, he pays no property tax on house or car, and his kid goes to college free. PTSD. He did IT work. Never left the states.

CG guy was a CWO but on the supply side, never left the states or office (ie never deployed). Also 100%. Both of these asshats are out there either playing BBall with their kid, or carrying heavy shit above their head on a ladder working on their house. A Gunners Mate friend on Facebook is also 100%, but welds heavy equipment and lifts what no 'disabled' person should. It punishes the good people like you and I who don't follow the TAPS advice to see what sticks. I get mad everytime I pay my stupid car and house state tax, plus income tax.

FWIW there are still a lot of us who are at 0%. I did almost 27 years, but took care of myself. I figure that if I can run around with the kids, and still be active like I was in my teens because I took care of myself, there's people out there with real disabilities that need the money. Not a dig at people with actual service related injuries. This is what the program is for.

I'm not above snitching out people cheating the system, but like Kithani said, you can't really test for PTSD. And these asshats plan this out years before they retire. I did get a high school acquaintance kicked off the Connecticut disability system by anonymously sending screenshots of him he posted using the ol' Xbox Kinect jumping around, squatting, and lifting despite claiming 100% because of a bad back. They took him off the roster, and last I heard actually paid for his bus ticket to Ohio. WTF? lol

Anyway, if it's really blatant (and people LOVE to post shit on Facebook bragging) use :

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
When I first moved in, the black dude was bitching that he could 'only' get 90% disability. Fast forward a few years, and he finally got 100%. Now his pension is 100% tax free, he pays no property tax on house or car, and his kid goes to college free. PTSD. He did IT work. Never left the states.
Yeah thats the thing, theres so many other big benefits that come along with being 100% or even just 50% disabled at the state/local level. Guy was bragging about how he doesnt pay for parking where he lives since he has disabled vet plates. Kept saying over and over "you need to get 100%!!!".

I'm not above snitching out people cheating the system, but like Kithani said, you can't really test for PTSD. And these asshats plan this out years before they retire. I did get a high school acquaintance kicked off the Connecticut disability system by anonymously sending screenshots of him he posted using the ol' Xbox Kinect jumping around, squatting, and lifting despite claiming 100% because of a bad back. They took him off the roster, and last I heard actually paid for his bus ticket to Ohio. WTF? lol
Everything he talked about have was nebulous shit that was hard to prove you did or didnt have it. Gave me advice on what things I should say I have and how to talk about them.
was TAPS not a thing for you? It’s basically pushed now.
Oh it was. One day of it was two "disabled" vets speaking to us about how we really need to go get the process on claims started and how to best go about it.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah thats the thing, theres so many other big benefits that come along with being 100% or even just 50% disabled at the state/local level.
Best bennie I've heard to this is that ex cunts can't touch that money. At least not in Texas.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I filed my taxes this year with a guy I'd never used before. I'm a 1099 and get taxed at 15%. Wasn't surprised at the hefty bill, of course, but in the middle of my filing the guy asks me if I am eligible for the Assistance Rebate that was associated with receiving all three stimulus payments.

I'm not sure if it varies by state, but in Massachusetts the first two stimulus payments were delivered by direct deposit. The third was issued universally as a paper check. I never received the check. I was not the only one. Local news ran a bit about the rash of mail theft that was happening in the city. This was happening months and month after we'd already gotten back to work, and I thought nothing of ever having to contact the PUA or anyone else regarding the third payment. I didn't need or want it, and felt leery about it to begin with once I read there was going to be a tax onus at the end of it. Of the five units in my two-building complex, none of us ever received the check. Nobody.

So, when the tax man asks me if I'm eligible, I explain to him the situation. He checks a box. Files my return. Off I go. I pay through the gubmint website as ordered and receive no confirmation for three weeks that payment was received. I make the first of only two calls that ever directed me to a live person, just long enough to be told that on their end they received payment but it takes X business weeks for the IRS website to get updated to reflect that fact. What the fuck, I say, but fine.

A little while later I receive a notice that my tax filing was rejected on the basis of an incorrect entry regarding the Rebate. The bill with interest comes to about 1300$ more than my agreed total. None of the math on the documentation adds up. I call the IRS. I am on hold for an hour and a half. Finally get a lady. Explain to her the situation. She explains I need to be transferred to another department to receive the file number of a PDF I have to print out to fill out my grievance. ''3 months for processing.'' Another hold. Another woman gives me all this bullshit I'm supposed to put on the paper form, then provides me with an incorrect file number to go to the IRS website to download this file. Why was I not able to check this and correct? I was on the road, having been on the phone for 3 hours. I am put on hold again. I am on hold for 2 more hours before the call is disconnected. These are not exaggerated numbers.

I have called 20 times since April, where I can. Every single call gets disconnected or ended with the prompt, 'due to extremely high call volume, we are not answering calls of this type.' Halfway through I storm my tax man's office. He tells me he can do nothing for me. I have to fight it, he says.

Today I tried something different. I called the Tax Advocacy line provided by the IRS (lol.) I am connected with a man that sounds like he is so deep in a k-hole he can barely form a sentence. After explaining the situation he mumbles something about connecting me to somewhere. I get an automated callback system. Put in number. Callback comes an hour later. I pick up and it disconnects. I call back the main line number and the most fucking unprofessional mumble voice I've ever heard recorded as an automated message says 'No route to this number', and the call ends.

This has been going on since May.

I don't understand how this isn't national daily news. The level of failure and incompetence here is absolutely staggering. According to my government I will be owing them thousands more for not cashing a check and not being able to correct it in a timely manner. I don't know what to do about it, truly at a loss.

• 2Rustled
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 3 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I filed my taxes this year with a guy I'd never used before. I'm a 1099 and get taxed at 15%. Wasn't surprised at the hefty bill, of course, but in the middle of my filing the guy asks me if I am eligible for the Assistance Rebate that was associated with receiving all three stimulus payments.

I'm not sure if it varies by state, but in Massachusetts the first two stimulus payments were delivered by direct deposit. The third was issued universally as a paper check. I never received the check. I was not the only one. Local news ran a bit about the rash of mail theft that was happening in the city. This was happening months and month after we'd already gotten back to work, and I thought nothing of ever having to contact the PUA or anyone else regarding the third payment. I didn't need or want it, and felt leery about it to begin with once I read there was going to be a tax onus at the end of it. Of the five units in my two-building complex, none of us ever received the check. Nobody.

So, when the tax man asks me if I'm eligible, I explain to him the situation. He checks a box. Files my return. Off I go. I pay through the gubmint website as ordered and receive no confirmation for three weeks that payment was received. I make the first of only two calls that ever directed me to a live person, just long enough to be told that on their end they received payment but it takes X business weeks for the IRS website to get updated to reflect that fact. What the fuck, I say, but fine.

A little while later I receive a notice that my tax filing was rejected on the basis of an incorrect entry regarding the Rebate. The bill with interest comes to about 1300$ more than my agreed total. None of the math on the documentation adds up. I call the IRS. I am on hold for an hour and a half. Finally get a lady. Explain to her the situation. She explains I need to be transferred to another department to receive the file number of a PDF I have to print out to fill out my grievance. ''3 months for processing.'' Another hold. Another woman gives me all this bullshit I'm supposed to put on the paper form, then provides me with an incorrect file number to go to the IRS website to download this file. Why was I not able to check this and correct? I was on the road, having been on the phone for 3 hours. I am put on hold again. I am on hold for 2 more hours before the call is disconnected. These are not exaggerated numbers.

I have called 20 times since April, where I can. Every single call gets disconnected or ended with the prompt, 'due to extremely high call volume, we are not answering calls of this type.' Halfway through I storm my tax man's office. He tells me he can do nothing for me. I have to fight it, he says.

Today I tried something different. I called the Tax Advocacy line provided by the IRS (lol.) I am connected with a man that sounds like he is so deep in a k-hole he can barely form a sentence. After explaining the situation he mumbles something about connecting me to somewhere. I get an automated callback system. Put in number. Callback comes an hour later. I pick up and it disconnects. I call back the main line number and the most fucking unprofessional mumble voice I've ever heard recorded as an automated message says 'No route to this number', and the call ends.

I don't understand how this isn't national daily news. The level of failure and incompetence here is absolutely staggering. According to my government I will be owing them thousands more for not cashing a check and not being able to correct it in a timely manner. I don't know what to do about it, truly at a loss.

Lawyer time.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I wish that had a monetary or tangible value attached to it.

A year of my life in Iraq. 300+ days of strapping on 60-70 pounds of gear and what do I have to show for it? Nothing. Some guy who never left the states gets $2000 every single month merely because he's feeling the effects of aging.

View attachment 425284
I suppose it comes down to what you can live with. If you have no moral quandary with bilking the system, why haven’t you done it? My guess is you’re of higher quality stock, I know you’ve talked about asshole family members, so you probably developed a certain value system to separate yourself from them, thereby the end result you feel your scruple’s have gotten in the way of you gaming the system. The whole system is such a bunch of fuckerey now it is hard not to question your own sensibilities when you can live off the dole if you complain enough to the right people

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Welcome to the IRS, unfortunately most of the last few years half my work week was playing doorman for one of their tiny offices. And basically I have to be the bad news that folk can't go up and talk to the single public facing agent up there to loads of people dealing with the same difficulties you have in reaching anyone. Disapointing they sucked as roughly speaking while slow, most said they were pretty helpful when you could get thru.

If you have any nearby office. (Google simple IRS but also try tax payer assistance center (make sure it's .gov looking not some private bullshit place.) If you have one, sometimes the larger ones you can beg and plead w/ the guard or whoever and get in line same day, otherwise will at least give you an 877 something number to make an in person appointment though it will be the same sit on hold for 2 hours etc.

• 1SJW

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Goddamn fedex. normally I don't care when shit is delivered as long as it gets here eventually. But i ordered some liquor which requires an adult signature. /rolleyes. Anyway, it was supposed to be here friday so I worked from home friday. Then it was rescheduled to sunday. then monday so I worked from home monday. then it was rescheduled to tuesday and I couldn't WFH and missed the delivery. i saw the dude on my camera and everything. I was supposed to be in the office wednesday too so I told fedex to divert it to a pickup location. It's fucking saturday now and it's still not at the goddamn pickup location. What the actual fucking fuck is wrong with these fucking fucks?

• 1Rustled

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Goddamn fedex. normally I don't care when shit is delivered as long as it gets here eventually. But i ordered some liquor which requires an adult signature. /rolleyes. Anyway, it was supposed to be here friday so I worked from home friday. Then it was rescheduled to sunday. then monday so I worked from home monday. then it was rescheduled to tuesday and I couldn't WFH and missed the delivery. i saw the dude on my camera and everything. I was supposed to be in the office wednesday too so I told fedex to divert it to a pickup location. It's fucking saturday now and it's still not at the goddamn pickup location. What the actual fucking fuck is wrong with these fucking fucks?

They hire elementary school educated thugs. Apparently UPS does too.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Too many packages and not enough drivers. I've been getting a bunch of Amazon deliveries cancelled because there are no people to do it and their reason is it's "undeliverable".

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Liberal Biden voter friend
Screenshot_20220806-082158_Message+.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-082702_Message+.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Harrow
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

I was supposed to be in the office wednesday too so I told fedex to divert it to a pickup location. It's fucking saturday now and it's still not at the goddamn pickup location. What the actual fucking fuck is wrong with these fucking fucks?

what does tracking say? sure after being on a truck will have to go through some special sorting bs at the hub. probably in the same room where they steal all the ammo and stuff.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Take every south park etc meme about shitty fucking comcast and their street shitter CS. Amp it up to 11 for mobile. 2 hours fucking around trying to get my phones unlocked and off their network and onto another carrier. Had to generate a pin and a bunch of other hoops that were taking forever. Their browser chat randomly loses me. And now I think the port forwarding is done since I dont have xfinity service. Put in new sim, still locked to xfinity and wants an unlock code and the poo on the line thinks I want the security pin.

Service was half decent before, but moved to where no cable, and they charge an extra $50 to be just on their mobile. ....

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Welcome to the IRS, unfortunately most of the last few years half my work week was playing doorman for one of their tiny offices. And basically I have to be the bad news that folk can't go up and talk to the single public facing agent up there to loads of people dealing with the same difficulties you have in reaching anyone. Disapointing they sucked as roughly speaking while slow, most said they were pretty helpful when you could get thru.

If you have any nearby office. (Google simple IRS but also try tax payer assistance center (make sure it's .gov looking not some private bullshit place.) If you have one, sometimes the larger ones you can beg and plead w/ the guard or whoever and get in line same day, otherwise will at least give you an 877 something number to make an in person appointment though it will be the same sit on hold for 2 hours etc.

One anecdote but my experience with calling them wasn't bad at all.

About three years ago I got a very strongly worded letter (like a we're about to assfuck you red text letter) from the IRS about a missed business quarterly payroll payment from like 5 years before, all sorts of fees, interest and fines, really sucked. I called, and granted, waited about two hours on hold, but when I got through it was a perky young lady, I explained that we're just a small business and screwed up on accident and asked if I could just pay over the phone. She said they typically do a one time waiver of fees/fines/interest for accidents and took my payment. Took like 5 minutes. Saved me a few grand.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
When I ask someone a question and they give an in depth answer to a question I didn't ask and don't even give a fuck about.

• 1Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I feel like the IRS announcement might have fucked me even more on this. I imagine their call volume got another jump soon as people started throwing the threat of pending audits around.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like the IRS announcement might have fucked me even more on this. I imagine their call volume got another jump soon as people started throwing the threat of pending audits around.

IRS is too busy counting their millions of rounds of ammo to bother with your calls. War prep > helping you.

• 1Let's Go Brandon!