Whats rustling your jimmies?

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I’m tired of hearing about the god damn pickleball. I see it on the news because tennis players keep feuding with the PB players. I see it on Nextdoor constantly. I hear people talking about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I’m tired of hearing about the god damn pickleball. I see it on the news because tennis players keep feuding with the PB players. I see it on Nextdoor constantly. I hear people talking about it.

We were so bored during the "two weeks to flatten the curve" that turned into a year, my wife and I painted a court on our driveway. It was actually a lot of fun.

court-M.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
So I have been looking to buy a new computer.
Go into a local computer store to see what they have to offer.
Clerk: Hi, how can I help you
Me: I'm searching for a gaming computer, doesn't need to be high end but I do want to play the games I play at max graphics without stutter or lag.
Clerk: Okay, these two here should be just fine for your needs (they ranged in price for 850 to 900).
Me: Cool, what graphics card do they have in them?
Clerk: Oh they dont have a graphics card
Me: I tell you I want a gaming computer and the first thing you try and push on me is a computer that doesn't even have the single most important part of a gaming computer?! Fuck off.
God damn that pissed me off.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Use our forum, plenty of people that will do a far better job of pushing you to a decent build pre built somewhere. (And these days DIY with some attention to detail aint that bad, though still took me forever compared to a pro)

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Thing is, I used to be able to save money building a PC, I can't do that anymore. I don't know or really care what kind of supply chain price inflation fuckery explains it, it sucks though. Thats a jimmy rustle. Was gonna build a PC with my son for fun, but we couldnt even come close in price to prebuilt, let alone hope to beat it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
My attempts to relax doing a jigsaw puzzle.

I get to the "end"

20221126_175103.jpg

Not only is it missing some pieces, the one that I have left over doesn't go into any of the spots.

20221126_175110.jpg

• 4Rustled
  • 3Worf
  • 1Triggered
Reactions: 8 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Use our forum, plenty of people that will do a far better job of pushing you to a decent build pre built somewhere. (And these days DIY with some attention to detail aint that bad, though still took me forever compared to a pro)
Yeah, I got some great recommendations in the PC forum here.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Thing is, I used to be able to save money building a PC, I can't do that anymore. I don't know or really care what kind of supply chain price inflation fuckery explains it, it sucks though. Thats a jimmy rustle. Was gonna build a PC with my son for fun, but we couldnt even come close in price to prebuilt, let alone hope to beat it.

I'll be honest. I miss the sweaty, smelly days of the computer fair. You could get absolute steals and build your own PC for a fraction of a pre-built back then.

Pikom-PC-Fair-2012-BCCK.jpg

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I’m at my parents house in another state for a couple of weeks. They have cable (I haven’t had it in years) which I assume they pay a pretty penny for.

For fifteen minutes now an Amber Alert has been blasting with a license plate number. Tried resetting the box, it’s still on. You can change channels but the sound is muted.

A. It’s horseshit you can’t turn this off completely before one even comes up. The cable company website says you can’t opt out.

B. It’s even more horseshit you can’t click “okay” after it pops up and turn it off.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Moron neighbors who doesn't know how to train their dog. They keep it outside and it barks NON-STOP during working hours and at night. The other day it was raining and the dog was barking because it was probably uncomfortable. The mega-cunt owner comes outside with a fucking squirt bottle and sprays the dog.....while its raining.....It makes no sense why they even own a dog in the first place.

I'm about 10 seconds from being "that guy" and calling either the police, and/or animal control.

• 2Rustled
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the dog has learned that it needs to bark for attention and dogs like lots of attention. Even negative attention is attention.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Gaslighting.

This fucking word. What it means is "you're telling me I'm wrong and I don't like that. So I'm gonna make up a fucking dumbass word for telling me I'm wrong, so you're the bad guy now cause youre GASLIGHTING ME"

No, bitch, you're just wrong. And also apparently fucking crazy but it didnt have to go there. You could have just accepted being wrong, as a thing that can happen to people, even people in possession of a vagina.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
the +4 on your zip code. I don't mind it existing, but in my experience (and in some experiments I've seen online) it takes longer to get your mail if you use it. The thing that rustles my jimjams about it is how often websites try to 'correct' the address I entered and add that +4. Fuck you, I don't even know what my goddam +4 is, I have no idea if that's right and there's no fucking reason to try to add it. Recently sites have been pretty good about letting me choose to stick with what I entered, but I'm already scarred from the ones who insist it be added and it pisses me off that I have to make the extra click.

• 1Solidarity

SeanDoe1z1

I’m at my parents house in another state for a couple of weeks. They have cable (I haven’t had it in years) which I assume they pay a pretty penny for.

For fifteen minutes now an Amber Alert has been blasting with a license plate number. Tried resetting the box, it’s still on. You can change channels but the sound is muted.

A. It’s horseshit you can’t turn this off completely before one even comes up. The cable company website says you can’t opt out.

B. It’s even more horseshit you can’t click “okay” after it pops up and turn it off.

CAE (amber alerts) and EAN/NPT (presidential alerts) cannot by turned off by design for the encoder at the headend.

You not being able to turn it acknowledge* at the STB is by design flaw and the cable companies fault. Most likely a client issue they do not care to correct because it is awkward and difficult.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Gaslighting.

This fucking word. What it means is "you're telling me I'm wrong and I don't like that. So I'm gonna make up a fucking dumbass word for telling me I'm wrong, so you're the bad guy now cause youre GASLIGHTING ME"

No, bitch, you're just wrong. And also apparently fucking crazy but it didnt have to go there. You could have just accepted being wrong, as a thing that can happen to people, even people in possession of a vagina.
This isn't was gaslighting is though? Like many things nowadays it's being misused I guess but it'd often be the opposite. Usually it's someone in the wrong applying pressure on the other person to get them to admit/think that they're in the wrong instead, which then would result in the first person being "right". Like "I beat my wife but she's such a bitch she gets on my nerves and I just can't control myself, I'm a totally cool guy otherwise it's just her making me like that" kind of thing. Shit happens a lot in the domestic violence situations and in the bad parents/adult children relationships(also mother-in-law and such).

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
the +4 on your zip code. I don't mind it existing, but in my experience (and in some experiments I've seen online) it takes longer to get your mail if you use it. The thing that rustles my jimjams about it is how often websites try to 'correct' the address I entered and add that +4. Fuck you, I don't even know what my goddam +4 is, I have no idea if that's right and there's no fucking reason to try to add it. Recently sites have been pretty good about letting me choose to stick with what I entered, but I'm already scarred from the ones who insist it be added and it pisses me off that I have to make the extra click.
I use it here because there are two streets with the same name, same HOUSE NUMBERS but the only difference is LANE or DRIVE. I'd like to talk to the geniuses that came up with that. I mean, I could see it happening in NYC, but this town has ONE street light.

• 2Worf

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'll be honest. I miss the sweaty, smelly days of the computer fair. You could get absolute steals and build your own PC for a fraction of a pre-built back then.

Pikom-PC-Fair-2012-BCCK.jpg
This reminds me of the greatness of what we had in Dallas which was called IIRC "First Saturday" The idea was essentially an open air flea market for computer stuff and technology and associated "all that entails" for the first Saturday of each month. It was at Ross and 75 on the edge of downtown Dallas. Well, everybody knew that to get the best deals you had to get there early. And the vendors were more than happy to oblige by showing up earlier... This cycle cause it to actually open around midnight Friday night/Saturday morning. So you would go out drinking with your friends, then sometime around midnight/1 you'd leave the bars and go shop for computer parts and used/salvage computer scrap. Good times... good times... I remember buying several tool sets there over time, especially for security bits to get into stuff I shouldn't have gotten into, ancient Sun monitors, at the time the cheapest HDDs you could find. Also bought a 3ft long cutlass there once in a box labeled "hunting knife".

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity