Whats rustling your jimmies?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Talked to the work exterminator about chemicals you can buy that they use, he mentioned those "cheap" 300$ sprayers. Said normal sprayers don't work since it's a thicker chemical

Any good source other than Amazon? Going to get suspend or something for around the house.

I think maybe the point of contention is a fogger is not a sprayer, despite the fact that they sometimes get commingled. I bought a Tomahawk, it works fine even if it is not as nice as the Stihl units.

Any stuff meant to be fogged is heavily diluted anyway. I do not recommend the stuff commercial mosquito services have been using (usually Bifenthrin). This is traditional contact killer (they make more money).

Proflex has growth inhibitors which get carried to the water sources to destroy larvae.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think maybe the point of contention is a fogger is not a sprayer, despite the fact that they sometimes get commingled. I bought a Tomahawk, it works fine even if it is not as nice as the Stihl units.

Any stuff meant to be fogged is heavily diluted anyway. I do not recommend the stuff commercial mosquito services have been using (usually Bifenthrin). This is traditional contact killer (they make more money).

Proflex has growth inhibitors which get carried to the water sources to destroy larvae.
Guess I should clarify this is for general insects etc. Thigh I have a pond that could probably use a fog.

Also need my .22 and a respirator in case of asbestos. 60 year old house and I've got a squirrel or something in the sealed attic

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Guess I should clarify this is for general insects etc. Thigh I have a pond that could probably use a fog.

Also need my .22 and a respirator in case of asbestos. 60 year old house and I've got a squirrel or something in the sealed attic
Ah yea, Proflex is way too pricey for ground cover and most bugs even if it does work. But yea fogger is so much better if the insecticide is good with aerosol coverage vs spray in.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Funeral for a coworker (heart attack, 48) 2 weeks ago. Funeral for a distant relative last weekend (heart attack, 44). Received word early this morning that my best friend's SO had a heart attack last night and passed (45). Fuck.

• 6Solidarity
  • 3WTF
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 10 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Slightly less serious but I painted my front door, lost my balance while getting the masking tape off and put a nice big handprint right in the middle of tacky paint. Going to try to touch it up in the morning, hope I don't have to redo it all. Also, my hand is blue.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I never got the painting the front door a color other than white. Probably just me and how I was raised but front doors are white in my entirety of growing up.
It's like how I just don't get this new trend for "rustic" roughly finished wood being used for shudders and patio columns. To the point they'll take normal columns and box cover them in cedar apparently??? Then they wonder when in a couple years it looks like crap.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Watching the latest Bald video and finally after all this time I finally realized that everywhere he goes, from India, outer Russia, South America and now Mongolia all we see is the same old run down buildings. The populace doesn't even try to keep anything up much like the road in Africa video, it's all so tiresome. Actually it's worse than that. Without the infrastructure that was built they would still be in tents. Yeah in Mongolia they took out all the monks when they built the infrastructure but the end point is the same. Eventually all the stuff built for them will be gone and they'll be back in tents. Just rustled is all.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not feeling well, then fucking up at work. Now I feel physically and mentally shitty.

• 1Solidarity

Sevens

Log Wizard
Watching the latest Bald video and finally after all this time I finally realized that everywhere he goes, from India, outer Russia, South America and now Mongolia all we see is the same old run down buildings. The populace doesn't even try to keep anything up much like the road in Africa video, it's all so tiresome. Actually it's worse than that. Without the infrastructure that was built they would still be in tents. Yeah in Mongolia they took out all the monks when they built the infrastructure but the end point is the same. Eventually all the stuff built for them will be gone and they'll be back in tents. Just rustled is all.

Maybe they are happier in tents?
You know the whole "getting back to nature" schtick

• 1Worf

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never got the painting the front door a color other than white. Probably just me and how I was raised but front doors are white in my entirety of growing up.

I don't really care what colour the door is, I just matched the neighbour's houses. Maybe it's some Euro / small town thing but that sort of stuff keeps a street looking tidy.

• 1Comrade
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

wellijustdontknow

Trakanon Raider
It's like how I just don't get this new trend for "rustic" roughly finished wood being used for shudders and patio columns. To the point they'll take normal columns and box cover them in cedar apparently??? Then they wonder when in a couple years it looks like crap.
Shutters... (shuddering at the error)hahahaha

Goatface

my would be motorcycle gang neighbor hasn't done anything in last 6+ months after his brother in law fled the state after getting chased and wrecked by the cops.

now 2 houses up the street is becoming an issue. woman has lived there about 10 years, her husband passed away about 8 years ago. her granddaughter lived with her for a while, but she finished school a few years ago. off and on, her brother has stayed there. for a couple of years, he slept in a van parked in the back yard. every so often he would get into a one sided shouting argument with her. i don't know if he is just mental or a drunk or both. listened to yelling one day and it made no sense to me. anyway, he had been open carrying around their yard here lately. tonight, 3 cop cars parked in front of the house. the guy was standing on the porch and 5 cops had a couple of lights on him asking questions. at one point, he got down on his knees and 1 cop walked over, looked at something. then about 3 min later they all got in their cars and left. little worried this isn't going to end well.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
my would be motorcycle gang neighbor hasn't done anything in last 6+ months after his brother in law fled the state after getting chased and wrecked by the cops.

now 2 houses up the street is becoming an issue. woman has lived there about 10 years, her husband passed away about 8 years ago. her granddaughter lived with her for a while, but she finished school a few years ago. off and on, her brother has stayed there. for a couple of years, he slept in a van parked in the back yard. every so often he would get into a one sided shouting argument with her. i don't know if he is just mental or a drunk or both. listened to yelling one day and it made no sense to me. anyway, he had been open carrying around their yard here lately. tonight, 3 cop cars parked in front of the house. the guy was standing on the porch and 5 cops had a couple of lights on him asking questions. at one point, he got down on his knees and 1 cop walked over, looked at something. then about 3 min later they all got in their cars and left. little worried this isn't going to end well.

Time to move brother.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't really care what colour the door is, I just matched the neighbour's houses. Maybe it's some Euro / small town thing but that sort of stuff keeps a street looking tidy.

Parents had that on the columns of their house in the 80's. What was old is new again I guess. Seen a lot of things that have an outer casing of cedar over time the putty they use to fill the nail holes either changes color or the wood does and you get tiny little round dots of a different color for whatever reason.

I never really thought the door should be white only. May be a regional only thing.