Whats rustling your jimmies?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
from the internet
View attachment 489826
72 lemans gt sport convertible, guy in PA went to the grocery store
View attachment 489827

I worked as a security guard briefly to help a friend out. Had to park in a downtown area. The one day I went to work in-uniform (looked just like a police uniform), I parked in a regular spot on that street, and went to work, came back and the car had a bunch of key scratches that cost a couple thousand to fix. This was circa 2019 when hating cops was in full-swing (is it still? I dunno)

That was the day I went from "the left is pretty annoying" to "the left can actually suck my dick"

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Driving to run an errand today and pick up a screw in the back driver's side tire of the wife's car..... pull into a gas station, slightly overfill it with air to make it to a place to get the flat fixed (middle of the tread, so repairable). Takes 3 hours for the place to get it fixed. Can't have the wife come get me in my car since my car is in the shop getting an shredded 18 wheeler tire's worth of damage across the front repaired. So I get into the place to get it fixed. They take the keys. I call my wife to let her know the afternoons plans are screwed due to a screw... and her response.

"Well, at least it's cool there, the AC just stopped working here at the house"

FML
Next time throw a spare on and drop the tire off at DT or wherever you went, pick it up tomorrow on the way to work.

Also you can just uber home and back, if it's not far then it's well worth the cost of not sitting in those places 3 hours.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
After 22 years, I finally ditched Verizon (had nynex mobile early on).

Complained about their bullshit for decades and finally the last straw was they upped my rates by $5 this month, got the text right as a call got disconnected on a major freeway in the middle of everywhere.

Fuck em.

Didn't even get a "we're sorry to see a customer who predates our company go".

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seeing ads for "sell us your catalytic converters". WTF?
No emissions here, I half thought of doing that to fund getting a mildly entertaining exhaust on my tundra. First one I sold got me something crazy like $700 something, did full headers on back. Just was going to do a cat back for mild startup improvement but leave it pretty quiet on the road.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
1000006963.png

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
My wife ordered groceries tonight. I'm a freak, I know, I actually like grocery shopping so I'm already rustled a bit. At first they were supposed to arrive at 6pm, then they moved it back to 10pm, just now they called and told us probably tomorrow.

Naturally I was like I wonder why it's such a big issue, you should call and cancel. She told me she did and had also asked what the problem was. She was told that her tip wasn't big enough, she gave the minimum, $45.

Holy shit, now I'm just pissed about the whole thing. Make a fucking list and let me get it. I'll take the $45 and go buy some ammo, or a whiskey, or just save it. A forty five dollar tip wasn't big enough... Bidenomics indeed.

• 4WTF
  • 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 6 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My wife ordered groceries tonight. I'm a freak, I know, I actually like grocery shopping so I'm already rustled a bit. At first they were supposed to arrive at 6pm, then they moved it back to 10pm, just now they called and told us probably tomorrow.

Naturally I was like I wonder why it's such a big issue, you should call and cancel. She told me she did and had also asked what the problem was. She was told that her tip wasn't big enough, she gave the minimum, $45.

Holy shit, now I'm just pissed about the whole thing. Make a fucking list and let me get it. I'll take the $45 and go buy some ammo, or a whiskey, or just save it. A forty five dollar tip wasn't big enough... Bidenomics indeed.
Is that in Australian dollars

joz123

Potato del Grande

How much were you spending on groceries if 45 was the minimum tip?

Season 3 Jesus GIF by Black Sails

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Don’t ever waste time and money on that service and those garbage people. Ever.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
How much were you spending on groceries if 45 was the minimum tip?

Season 3 Jesus GIF by Black Sails
Probably around 200 but I'm not bothering to ask her. Even if it was 400 it's literally one hour of work or less for one person plus they get paid normally in addition. I'll happily do it myself.

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Probably around 200 but I'm not bothering to ask her. Even if it was 400 it's literally one hour of work or less for one person plus they get paid normally in addition. I'll happily do it myself.
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
Don’t ever waste time and money on that service and those garbage people. Ever.
I used it a lot when I was taking care of my parents full time. The big difference was it was offered by the supermarket and they had their own pickers and drivers. This was shortly before covid hit. Introductory price was something small like $5/mo on top of their regular $99/yr membership card. Select items, select delivery window, and that was it. No tip, no BS. Drivers never missed the delivery window, and orders were always accurate.

It was a real time and effort saver. Delivery window was usually 30 minutes, sometimes an hour. The only problem I had was with a driver they had working for them. Think Fetterman, but also ogrish vile stink. I went to the store and raised concern with the store manager, and he was never seen or smelled again. For sure, I had nothing at all to do with it, because I know they had to have many complaints about him.

Then I moved states and got a membership to a different grocery chain. More or less peak covid or after. Orders always wrong, always late. They had a mix of their own pickers and Doordashers. I didn't do that many orders but, there was always some big issue with accuracy or delivery times. Even worse, these issues were never fixed. Managers at Hy-Vee could NOT be arsed to give a shit about anything at all.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I work for a big banks phone tech support for the website and app. Apple dropped the new iPhone on the 22nd(?) so we've been getting tons of calls from people who don't remember their passwords or security questions because they've been relying solely on FaceID since they set up their accounts.

• 1Like
  • 1Supertaster
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
To add to your rustle.

A friend of mine works in retail and some of those Door Dash people will walk up to him and hand him a list because they want him to get the items. That’s right, they’re being paid to shop for someone and then get someone else to do it free.

Once he realized what was going on, he just started pointing them in the direction of the first item on their list and sends them on their way.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like