Whats rustling your jimmies?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I got stuck in typing in 9th grade, because I registered for school pretty late in the summer. No good electives were left. Of all the classes I took in highschool, it's the one that has paid off the most in my day to day life.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I got stuck in typing in 9th grade, because I registered for school pretty late in the summer. No good electives were left. Of all the classes I took in highschool, it's the one that has paid off the most in my day to day life.
I chose it as an elective in 10th grade because it was loaded with 9th grade pussy. I'm not going to regale you all with how much of that pussy I pulled (read: zero), but I'm definitely glad I chose to take it, and more importantly to take it seriously.

Sorry to hear about your issues Borzak. I can't even imagine.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well, might as well lock the thread. No way anyone is going to beat Borzak's rustle.
Sorry.

I took typing because it was required at the engineering magnet school I went to back with real typewrtiers. I really got my money out of it over the last 25+ years.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Real men learned to type while bringing pulls back to their groups in EQ and/or typing between song twisting.
That's how I learned!

Dentist...Always rustle my Jimmies. Just got done with an appointment (ive been neglecting going for like 5 years because I have a heart condition that requires meds before and after visits so its like 3 days of flu like symptoms every time I go). Now I have bunches of shit to fix (read:about $7k worth of work) and work dental is getting changed so I don't have insurance at the moment. Basically Rustling my own Jimmies...*sigh*

Izo

Tranny Chaser
That's how I learned!

Dentist...Always rustle my Jimmies. Just got done with an appointment (ive been neglecting going for like 5 years because I have a heart condition that requires meds before and after visits so its like 3 days of flu like symptoms every time I go). Now I have bunches of shit to fix (read:about $7k worth of work) and work dental is getting changed so I don't have insurance at the moment. Basically Rustling my own Jimmies...*sigh*
Which heart condition?
Antibiotics before procedures

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
J and F. I remember my teacher saying something about home row keys and correct finger placement, but fuck that, I was more preocupied with playing Chip's Challenge.
Lawl I dont type using the home row key. I started playing quake/teamfortress around 1997/1998? And then shortly after that jumped into EQ. Learned to type my own damn way using pretty much nothing but my index fingers. When I took a basic computer class in high school it was like trying to learn Chinese.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Learned to type my own damn way using pretty much nothing but my index fingers.
Justify it however you want, but its just fast hunt-and-peck plus you being used to the keyboard layout from using it all the time. I used to do the same thing all through EQ but eventually I started to notice how much faster some of my guildmates could communicate and also noticed the number of other male coworkers who knew how to touch type, even ones older than me. So I forced myself to start using the home keys. Was slow going at first but I stuck with it. I'm still not a great typist but I'm glad I made the switch. My work has involved more and more typing and I'm typing up pages of stuff half the time these days so it was good that I made the leap. I took typing in HS but totally faked my way through it and ended up regretting that.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Another rustle related to this conversation: people who work in offices who can't type without looking at the keyboard. Holy shit they type so fucking slowly and it takes forever for them to do anything. There are a surprising number of them in my office.

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
Another rustle related to this conversation: people who work in offices who can't type without looking at the keyboard. Holy shit they type so fucking slowly and it takes forever for them to do anything. There are a surprising number of them in my office.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Justify it however you want, but its just fast hunt-and-peck plus you being used to the keyboard layout from using it all the time. I used to do the same thing all through EQ but eventually I started to notice how much faster some of my guildmates could communicate and also noticed the number of other male coworkers who knew how to touch type, even ones older than me. So I forced myself to start using the home keys. Was slow going at first but I stuck with it. I'm still not a great typist but I'm glad I made the switch. My work has involved more and more typing and I'm typing up pages of stuff half the time these days so it was good that I made the leap. I took typing in HS but totally faked my way through it and ended up regretting that.
lol definitely not hunt and peck. I easily type 70-80wpm and can even type fairly fast one handed.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
My jimmies get rustled when I sell stuff on eBay and someone makes a new eBay account the day my auction ends, places a winning bid, then never pays. Happened twice today. Why do they do that?

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
My jimmies get rustled when I sell stuff on eBay and someone makes a new eBay account the day my auction ends, places a winning bid, then never pays. Happened twice today. Why do they do that?
to send the laptop they just bought from you to their daughter in nigeria of course! (had the same thing happen, fucking sucks)

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I too learned to type in primary school. Was the first generation to learn on computers too (386s IIRC). Had to take another course in secondary school where I got my speed up. The thing that rustles my jimmies, apart from people who don't know how to type, is the fact that 99% of us are stuck using the inferior qwerty layout; one that was specifically designed back in the early typewriter days to slow down typing since the first typewriters couldn't keep up with good users and kept jamming. More than a century later and we're still using this shit! I have thought of trying out Dvorak or some other but since I daily have to type in other languages, that use different letters than English then I've put it on hold.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Couldn't type worth a damn until I played a bard in EQ. Amazing how wanting to communicate but not get bitched at for failing to twist songs properly is better than any typing class I ever took.

toomanynames_sl

shitlord
I laugh when I see younger developers (not coding but doing documentation) using a glorified hunt and peck and smoke there ass in speed using qwerty. If you really do 70-80wpm with a glorified hunt/peck you'd probably double it if you used qwerty. I'm a bit doubtful a hunt and pecker is that fast
tongue.png
.TypingTest.com - Free Typing Test Keyboarding Games Online.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Typing tests were mandatory for us in like 6th grade or something. Let's go down to typing town where learning's lots of fun. There's games to play along the way so come on everyone!

Also the whole QAZ = "Quick ask zoey!" and shit like that when you're learning the rows.

It's sad to watch friends/family/strangers go to type and it's so just damn slow, ughhhhhhh.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
J and F. I remember my teacher saying something about home row keys and correct finger placement, but fuck that, I was more preocupied with playing Chip's Challenge.
wow. When I looked for the thing on the j key, I didn't even think to look for it on any others. Now i've got about 2 dozen keyboads around me, many of them pretty old, and they all have that shit. I guess it's been there a while. Now I wonder if they did that back when I took typing (on a typewriter). When I get home, I guess i'll pull out the old ass corona I have and see.

I laugh when I see younger developers (not coding but doing documentation) using a glorified hunt and peck and smoke there ass in speed using qwerty. If you really do 70-80wpm with a glorified hunt/peck you'd probably double it if you used qwerty. I'm a bit doubtful a hunt and pecker is that fast
tongue.png
.TypingTest.com - Free Typing Test Keyboarding Games Online.
WTF are you talking about? To the best of my knowledge, hunt and peck is a method of typing, and qwerty is a type of keyboard. The two are in no way mutually exclusive.

BTW, I took the test, I was at 47 WPM with what I guess is a modified hunt and peck. That surprises me, the last time I tested my speed, it was about 20. My mom used to type so fast she could get about a minute ahead of our electric typewriter.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I figured Hoss just slaps his huge belly on the keyboard until something vaguely resembling words appears.