Wheel of Time series

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck Nynaeve. She's always tugging her braid, not hard to see what she's like in bed.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not much information about the TV show, but a little. I guessing we can assume the the TV series is going to be quite different from the books, as expected.

Brandon Sanderson on Changes in the Wheel of Time TV Show: “Majority of These Decisions Are Excellent Choices”

Edit: It might be interesting to see the first three books presented from Moiraine's PoV, and I imagine it would solve a lot of the big flashy scenes that would necessary from Rand (though I would vastly prefer the series to be solidly about Rand).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Started this EYe of the World on Friday.

Where have i been for the last 30 years? besides posting on a site named after one of the books LOL)

This shit is amazing.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
After the first few books it only gets worse until the last, which is fantastic

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Started this EYe of the World on Friday.

Where have i been for the last 30 years? besides posting on a site named after one of the books LOL)

This shit is amazing.
People like to bash on the series. It's understandable because the middle books have way to much fluff and needed better editing, but the series is good and has some of the best characters in any fantasy series ever.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
People like to bash on the series. It's understandable because the middle books have way to much fluff and needed better editing, but the series is good and has some of the best characters in any fantasy series ever.
It has some great character and some really fucking awful ones. Pretty much every woman character is awful, and Perrin is complete bitchmode

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I read the first three or five books, can I just skip to the last one after reading a synopsis?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Book 9, Winters Heart, made me Patient 0 for ebola. True story.

• 2Worf

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Winters heart was extremely painful until the last like 50 pages. Crossroads may have been even worse

Sterling

El Presidente
Books 7 to 10 could easily have been 2 books instead of 4. So much fluff. There's some juice in those books too, but there were some threads that should have been 2 chapters instead of a quarter of 2 or 3 books.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Two very different styles, with GoT being far more adult oriented and easily filmed, and WoT being aimed at teens and much harder to film correctly due to the "magic" of the series being much more visual (consider all the fights Rand had with a Forsaken). The series would have to be extremely narrow in scope, and probably only go up to book 3.
Doctor Strange has probably the best visual magic that translated well to the big screen.. but I imagine that kind of CGI is still expensive. The one thing that might help the show is the magic really doesn't ramp up until late so if you cut off a lot of the casual channeling people are doing you can make it interesting. The Magicians show also did a decent job at magic so there are some examples they can pull from hopefully.

I am more excited for it than GoT just because atleast I know WoT has a good story all the way through and won't go to complete shit.. plus when people start warping around the world in season 5+ it will be canon!

• 2Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
I loved the first 3 book in this series, and then it just kept going and going and going. It had so much fluff and filler that by the time the series ended I just didnt fucking care. Sometimes more is not better. Oh and Nynaeve is the worst character ever.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'm surprised SJWs haven't picked this up as a banner to wave. The whole series is about powerful wymen bringing men to heel and the men just saying "well, I guess.". I mean, Rand spends the majority of a few books in a fucking box.

• 1Picard

Sterling

El Presidente
I loved the first 3 book in this series, and then it just kept going and going and going. It had so much fluff and filler that by the time the series ended I just didnt fucking care. Sometimes more is not better. Oh and Nynaeve is the worst character ever.
The main problem with the female characters isn't even that they're bad. They're just all so similar that they're essentially the same character with only a couple of exceptions.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
One thing that really bothered me throughout the series is that anytime one of the Emond field girls (or even elayne) described Rand to someone else they all used the same fucking description. “He can be led but if you try to push him he will dig in his heels” or something like that

• 1Solidarity