Wheel of Time series

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
916
519
15d 12h 26m
they all used the same fucking description. “He can be led but if you try to push him he will dig in his heels” or something like that
Right, and as if that were a bad thing. No one with a spine likes to be told what to do.
 

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Lord Nagafen Raider
1,093
429
3d 7h 34m
I'm surprised SJWs haven't picked this up as a banner to wave. The whole series is about powerful wymen bringing men to heel and the men just saying "well, I guess.". I mean, Rand spends the majority of a few books in a fucking box.
And then he blows up the box, kills a few and enslaves the rest (more or less). Just sayin' it wasn't really a good example of what you're saying.
 
  • Solidarity
Reactions: Dioblaire

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
2,616
4,462
19d 23h 2m
And then he blows up the box, kills a few and enslaves the rest (more or less). Just sayin' it wasn't really a good example of what you're saying.
They enslaved the most powerful being in the world for a significant period of time and your hand-waving of "enslaved (more or less)" is weird. He did no such thing. He killed the worst offenders and made the rest of them promise they would stop being evil assholes. In fact, the overwhelming message of the books on that note was that women were perfectly capable and just as capable as men, but they needed to chill out and not label every powerful man as evil and not trust every powerful woman had their best intent in mind.

In any case, just because it didn't turn out fantastic for all of the women doesn't mean much. That particular part of the books is nothing but powerful women doing world changing stuff. The idea that the series isn't chocked full of examples of strong women is stupid.
 
  • Picard
  • Like
Reactions: Dioblaire and Rime

zzeris

Vermin Supreme
<Bronze Donator>
8,251
15,034
45d 3h 36m
You’d think that, but actually, no

Holy shit is that a terrible article. Women ruling that world for hundreds of years while any man who gains access to 'the one power' goes mad is definitely sexist though. I guess those who can't write... throw shit at the wall and hope other simpletons will support their patreon.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ritley

Zindan

Blackwing Lair Raider
3,087
1,616
21d 16h 12m
I'm surprised SJWs haven't picked this up as a banner to wave. The whole series is about powerful wymen bringing men to heel and the men just saying "well, I guess.". I mean, Rand spends the majority of a few books in a fucking box.
You think they haven't? Wait til we see the netflix series that will make Rand a side character.
 

Rais

Golden Knight of the Realm
897
175
16d 9h 12m
Harriet McDougal is involved so, of course, it's going to fucking suck. She was the main person from book 6+ who convinced Robert what direction everything should go. You can read between the lines of what Brandon says about the direction of the book series when he took over. He had to fight her the entire way to at least write some stuff on his own about it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lasch

Rathar

Lord Nagafen Raider
355
442
10d 13h 32m
This series can go fuck itself. Do -not- read it. You will be disappoint.

Except for the first three or so books. Those are really great. Then you should pretend all the characters succeeded/died in whatever way you want the ending to look like. After that the fact that he's being paid by the word is stunningly boringly obvious. Characters can barely walk across a street in a chapter without swishing their skirts, playing with their braids ad infinitum. So crap.
 

Warrik

Molten Core Raider
783
475
1d 15h 54m
Lol yeah if they are trying to shoehorn Moiraine as the main character this is going to suck a bag of dicks. Ffs she’s not even in like half the books, and even when she was she was always a guiding advisor character

Might not be the case. I mean GoT cast Sean Bean as Neddard and he kicked the bucket the first season. There's hope...
 

Ritley

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9,746
16,413
34d 18h 8m
Might not be the case. I mean GoT cast Sean Bean as Neddard and he kicked the bucket the first season. There's hope...
Oh, I don’t have anything against the casting. It’s this that is worrying

IGN can confirm that Rosamund Pike has landed the role of Moiraine Damodred, the character who is being positioned as the lead in this telling of Robert Jordan's iconic fantasy series
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lasch

Zindan

Blackwing Lair Raider
3,087
1,616
21d 16h 12m
I just can't see how they can have Moiraine be the main character unless the first season is mostly "The New Spring". Rand will have to be the MC once they begin "Eye of the World", or the series will make little sense the further it progresses. You certainly cannot have a good season covering "The Great Hunt" if Rand isn't the MC.
 

Sterling

El Presidente
7,872
2,341
70d 23h 42m
Seems like she'd be the narrator and not the main character? Moraine could be the main character for Eye for most of it I guess, but that's a stretch.
 

Rais

Golden Knight of the Realm
897
175
16d 9h 12m
I'm sure the story will be based around her for the most part the first season. Everything should be narrated by Loial's voice since, in essence, he is the one who is writing the story of the Dragon Reborn.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: Zindan and Lasch

Rhanyn

Golden Knight of the Realm
383
310
19d 21h 34m
I finally started my full read through, I've only ever made it to book 11 in the past, and I don't think I even finished it at the time. Almost done with The Eye of the World, and already remembering where he starts to go wrong later... The first 5 books have been some of my favorite fantasy ever, hopefully the show isn't dog shit.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lasch

OU Ariakas

Get it ALL together and put it in a backpack
<Bronze Donator>
3,318
7,700
44d 14h 40m
Let's all be honest; this show has a 99% chance of being Dresden Files T.V. show and a 1% chance of being GOT.