Wheel of Time

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
new poster

FBG7pyvUcAQpBlT

this looks like some shitty Hogwarts cosplay lol

Voldemort and the Goblet of Diversity Hires.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Take out the title and you'd have no fucking clue it was a WoT series.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let's face it. This was as going to be hard to pull off no matter who tried it. I thought the trailer was shit. Bright, teeny, and woke as hell.

What sucks is there is so much diversity written into the actual books why force it into the main characters? There are direct histories of the lineages of the characters for the most part.
All they had to do was follow the books.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I cant fucking tell who is supposed to be who in this clip.

Fairly significant change to the story already, Moraine isn’t revealed to be an Aes Sedai until the attack on Edmond’s Field which comes as a surprise to everyone.

The biggest issue I have with the diversity casting is that it actually has a massive impact on Rand and his development as a character. Rand is supposed to stand out as not being from the Two Rivers. In the books everywhere he goes he is told he doesn’t look like he comes from the Two Rivers and this creates doubt in him, and makes it that he questions who he is. It’s a fundamental aspect of his character development. The fact that anyone seeing him outside of the Two Rivers immediately notices he doesn’t look like he comes from the Two Rivers implies that there is a certain homogeneous look the to the people of the Two Rivers….how can you stand out as not being from the Two Rivers is everyone has a diverse appearance.

They can work around it obviously, but it’s definitely something that was important to the development of Rand as a character.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I cant fucking tell who is supposed to be who in this clip.

Fairly significant change to the story already, Moraine isn’t revealed to be an Aes Sedai until the attack on Edmond’s Field which comes as a surprise to everyone.

The biggest issue I have with the diversity casting is that it actually has a massive impact on Rand and his development as a character. Rand is supposed to stand out as not being from the Two Rivers. In the books everywhere he goes he is told he doesn’t look like he comes from the Two Rivers and this creates doubt in him, and makes it that he questions who he is. It’s a fundamental aspect of his character development. The fact that anyone seeing him outside of the Two Rivers immediately notices he doesn’t look like he comes from the Two Rivers implies that there is a certain homogeneous look the to the people of the Two Rivers….how can you stand out as not being from the Two Rivers is everyone has a diverse appearance.

They can work around it obviously, but it’s definitely something that was important to the development of Rand as a character.
If you think the impact on Rands character development is the biggest trouble this signals I don't know what to tell you.

When they deliberately fuck up something as easy to get right as casting a series where the author has described each character in painful detail down to the embroidery on the hem of their dresses... what makes you think they're gonna even try to stick to any other element of the source material?

Its a law of the universe, it is never broken. Raceswapping the cast signals they dont give a fuck about the source material and are gonna buttfuck this adaptation into some kind of horrible mess.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Egwene is hot, so if she can act she won't bother me. I fucking hate Nynaeve, so they've captured that perfectly already, wondering if they are changing her braid tugging to dagger clutching based on that scene. Rand's casting looks better than I thought from initial pics of the guy. Perrin's casting is actually not bothering me as much as I thought it would, and I'm kind of indifferent on Matt and Lan, the surprising one for me is Moraine. Rosamund was one of the only initial castings that I figured I'd like, but I'm worried with the little I've seen so far, it's just not clicking. I never really pictured Min as Asian, so her casting could be interesting.

If the inn is an indication of the diversity mix, while it seems out of place in the Two Rivers, anywhere else it probably wouldn't bother me. Going to be interesting to see how they do Ogier and Trollocs, and I'm still expecting the depiction of channeling to be subpar at best. I don't think they will articulate "weaving" well, and I fully expect them to TV-ify the magic, and probably how being ta'veren works as well, complete with bastardized reworked explanations for everything.

This guy is going to be Loial...... his lips look like he permanently just got done sucking down a box of powdered donuts.
Screenshot 2021-10-10 at 21-23-20 Hammed Animashaun.png

Really though, this is what comes to mind....
dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

• 1Garbage

spronk

FPS noob
final trailer, show begins Nov 19th on Amazon Prime. 1 per week I believe, 10 episodes?

trollocs look a little goofy but ok, locations and costumes look good, but cast looks so bad, like out of a CW teen drama. oh well

Sterling

El Presidente
final trailer, show begins Nov 19th on Amazon Prime. 1 per week I believe, 10 episodes?

trollocs look a little goofy but ok, locations and costumes look good, but cast looks so bad, like out of a CW teen drama. oh well
the video that autoplayed after the trailer was a breakdown of the trailer with one of the show runners. Watching it explains a lot, just listening to the dude for like 5 seconds.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I want this to be good. Fuck it looks like I need to want a lot harder.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

cast looks budget only complaint. idk why they can't get expensive-looking diversity hires like other shows have done before them.

the street urchin aesthetic is killing the immersion for me-- the casting director must be totally blind.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
This looks like someone at Syfy sold their asshole to Weinstein to get an actual budget.

This is my favorite fantasy IP ever but, I'm really curious how badly they're going to fuck it up. No way am I going to watch it, but absolutely going to keep tabs on how bad it'll get.

I'm hoping they cast Emma Stone as Tuon, switch things up for a change.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I haven't watched any of the fantasy series that went to tv, but why do they feel like they need to diverge from the soruce material and make a totally new story? I think both Shannara and the Sword of Truth had nothing to do with the books after a few episodes. I have no hype for this show but I do hope they follow the story that exist.

• 1Seriously?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Why the fuck does Moiraine says it’s one of the 5 of them who can stop the dark one…it’s never one of 5, from the start it’s one of the 3 boys who are Taveren, the 2 girls are never ever considered to be a possibility of being one who can stop the dark one…for god’s sake The Dragon Reborn is the one who is going to stop the dark one and he is a male channeller. Seriously including the 2 girls in that statement makes no fucking sense at all.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I feel like y'all havent paid attention the last decade or so.

Do you remember those old SAT questions? A : B :: C : D?

Fugly blackish chick: Egwene :: the plot of the TV adaptation : the plot of the book

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
if the story follows the book, yep "one of the five" is wrong, it is one of the THREE males. all 3 of which are suspected by M of being t'averen
EQWENE goes because she is a natural channeler and is going to the white tower to train, which was the reason why moraine stated she is there in the first place, to test the girls of the village if i remember correctly, it has been about a decade since i last read EOTW.

nynaeve goes along because she doesn't trust moraine/lan, well actually she FOLLOWS them, joins up afew days later and co-incidentally, is a natural channeller - but has a mental block on channeling and ends up going to the tower even though "she is too old for training".

Mat -after his mirror encounter with the foxes- is my fav character of the series.