Wheel of Time

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think most of you might have missed how strongly they have been framing this as a female centric story. The showrunners care nothing at all about the actual story other than using it as an excuse be brave and strong by changing as much as possible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Why the fuck does Moiraine says it’s one of the 5 of them who can stop the dark one…it’s never one of 5, from the start it’s one of the 3 boys who are Taveren, the 2 girls are never ever considered to be a possibility of being one who can stop the dark one…for god’s sake The Dragon Reborn is the one who is going to stop the dark one and he is a male channeller. Seriously including the 2 girls in that statement makes no fucking sense at all.
Hopefully it’s so far off the source material that Egwene kills the dark one at the end of season 2.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think most of you might have missed how strongly they have been framing this as a female centric story. The showrunners care nothing at all about the actual story other than using it as an excuse be brave and strong by changing as much as possible.

The sad part is there is no need for it, there's already plenty of strong female characters in the books that are essential to the story without the need to "boost" any of them further.

While Nynaeve and Egwene are not my favorite characters, there's no denying that they are strong and crucial to the story and accomplish many things.

While it's a detail, that single line shows that they don't care about the story and female power was more important.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Mat -after his mirror encounter with the foxes- is my fav character of the series.
I hope the series centers around Perrin and his engaging story. I think it tells a tale from our times that everyone should hear.

please don't salt me to death, I'm being sarcastic.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1SchwarzeNeg
Reactions: 3 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I hope the series centers around Perrin and his engaging story. I think it tells a tale from our times that everyone should hear.

I really hope we have an entire season of just him running after Faile.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
Why the fuck does Moiraine says it’s one of the 5 of them who can stop the dark one…it’s never one of 5, from the start it’s one of the 3 boys who are Taveren, the 2 girls are never ever considered to be a possibility of being one who can stop the dark one…for god’s sake The Dragon Reborn is the one who is going to stop the dark one and he is a male channeller. Seriously including the 2 girls in that statement makes no fucking sense at all.
Aside from it looking like some kind of cosplay horseshit that line was definitely the most offputting thing in the new trailer.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
the video that autoplayed after the trailer was a breakdown of the trailer with one of the show runners. Watching it explains a lot, just listening to the dude for like 5 seconds.

Nynaeve "beloved by fans around the world"? lol

And the showrunner is a fag. What a surprise.

spronk

FPS noob
at this point the question isn't really whether the show will be bad, just what will be the moment when everyone goes "what the fuck is this shit"

first episode or later? I'm gonna guess first episode.

Also I 100% bet one of the "booms" this show drops is that its a seperate great cycle from the original books plot, but started off similar. But by the end of the first season its revealed that the plot of the books was a previous cycle thousands of years ago (flashback) and the TV show is a completely different cycle which lets them do whatever they want, like make a woman The Dragon Reborn and all the evil channelers white men. hahahaha

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
at this point the question isn't really whether the show will be bad, just what will be the moment when everyone goes "what the fuck is this shit"

first episode or later? I'm gonna guess first episode.

Also I 100% bet one of the "booms" this show drops is that its a seperate great cycle from the original books plot, but started off similar. But by the end of the first season its revealed that the plot of the books was a previous cycle thousands of years ago (flashback) and the TV show is a completely different cycle which lets them do whatever they want, like make a woman The Dragon Reborn and all the evil channelers white men. hahahaha
People are “what the fuck is this shit” on the trailers alone. Didn’t even make it to episode 1.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I knew you were sarcastic so just gave you some reaction of what appears to be someone punching an animal since you’re a furry. Then I got a notification I got charged 500 heaven points for doing it, whatever that means. Hopefully whatever I gave you was good but the description had the word Neg in it so I don’t think it was.

• 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Didn’t even make it to episode 1.
Look At That Season 4 GIF by Paramount+

• 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I knew you were sarcastic so just gave you some reaction of what appears to be someone punching an animal since you’re a furry. Then I got a notification I got charged 500 heaven points for doing it, whatever that means. Hopefully whatever I gave you was good but the description had the word Neg in it so I don’t think it was.
You're good my negger.

• 1Garbage

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
There are some images in this trailer that look great, the Aes Sedai, that white castle, the fancy costume of that black dude... all looks like high quality modern cinematography.
Then the scenes with the main cast, the boys and girls from Two Rivers and the Beastmen look like absolute trash tv from 1980s.
It is so fucking jarring.

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There are some images in this trailer that look great, the Aes Sedai, that white castle, the fancy costume of that black dude... all looks like high quality modern cinematography.
Then the scenes with the main cast, the boys and girls from Two Rivers and the Beastmen look like absolute trash tv from 1980s.
It is so fucking jarring.

Wat?! The Beastmen look perfect for the upcoming crossover with Masters of the Universe, in season 2. Kevin Smith can be brought in to kick it up a notch!

4300cd31ad64cce323d2af7b1d2053d6d8cd8c5f.jpg

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently rumour has it that this been renewed for season 3 which will film right after season 2. Amazon must really be confident in the show.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm tempted to watch the 1st episode just out of curiosity how quickly they abandon the source material. But don't want to get counted as a view. So the question becomes is it worth bothering to pirate something just to hate-watch it?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First three episodes are out Friday, I am still holding out hope this is decent.

This "non-spoiler review" from a total shill doesn't have me holding out much hope, and I think it'll be impossible for me to separate the show from the books which means I'm going to hate it.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m bracing myself for a huge disappointment, but I’ll give this a shot.

Not sure if it will be a complete bastardization of the original content for the sake of wokeism or just a sprinkling of diversity. Either way odds are against this one.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoy Fantasy and so will give this a shot. If it sucks, then I will stop watching it. I did after all watch season 8 of Game of Thrones.

• 2Solidarity