Wheel of Time

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Elayne was just only recently cast so she’s definitely season 2. I believe someone said during a Q&A on Instagram that season 1 is going to have events from both the first and second books so they are definitely mixing things up.

If they were going to mess with the timeline anyways then why not leave the main characters as Jordan depicted and move the Seanchan story as a giant arc splitting time with the Moraine arc. Making Tuon their Daenerys plotline would have solved their diversity issue once and for all.

But of course they couldn't do that because they have no vision for the story since I guarantee you the showrunners never read the books.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
8 episodes in a season? How many decades do they plan on running this? I don't see how this doesn't result in a ton of stuff getting cut. Even not having to deal with all the descriptive filler, the number of characters and storylines is huge, and one of the problems with the books.

Just off the top of my head: the main crew, Rand's Ashaman, Perrin's WolfBrothers, Mat's Shen an Calhar, both sides of the split Tower, the Aiel, the bad Aiel, the Kin, Seafolk, Seanchan, Younglings, the Forsaken, the reborn Forsaken, etc etc.

• 2Like

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
Let's face it. This was as going to be hard to pull off no matter who tried it. I thought the trailer was shit. Bright, teeny, and woke as hell.

What sucks is there is so much diversity written into the actual books why force it into the main characters? There are direct histories of the lineages of the characters for the most part.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Half the books were of bullshit descriptions of the most mundane shit that didn't mean anything. Hair tugging takes up at least 3 books.

• 2Like

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok, I saw the first trailer and granted I read these books a long ass time ago but they were totally the story of Rand al Thor, Perrin and Mat. Rand was the main protagonist. Now this trailer is telling me the show is the story of a world where only women have magic and are the super strong defenders of the world?

Yeah Moiraine, Egwene and Nynaeve were MAJOR characters in the book but wtf none of them were the MC.

Really weird, I wonder how this will all shake out.

• 1Garbage

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Ok, I saw the first trailer and granted I read these books a long ass time ago but they were totally the story of Rand al Thor, Perrin and Mat. Rand was the main protagonist. Now this trailer is telling me the show is the story of a world where only women have magic and are the super strong defenders of the world?

Yeah Moiraine, Egwene and Nynaeve were MAJOR characters in the book but wtf none of them were the MC.

Ta'veren are a tool of the white patriarchy.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When do we see Avienda? If she is red haired, Ygrette like, but hotter, then maybe some of the blunders are forgiven?
Considering what they did to Min, I'm doubtful they will allow Avi / Elayne to be pretty white females.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Elayne was just only recently cast so she’s definitely season 2. I believe someone said during a Q&A on Instagram that season 1 is going to have events from both the first and second books so they are definitely mixing things up.
Do you mean her:

Ceara Coveney

Then there is this guy who will be playing Lews Therin:

Alexander Karim

Christ, I took a look at all the known cast members and its horrifying.

• 1Salty

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider

I thought the trailer was shit, "look, our show has magic !" type of bad.
The only trailer that would have been worth two shits is if they did the first chapter (or prologue ?), right after the breaking of the world.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I thought the trailer was shit, "look, our show has magic !" type of bad.
The only trailer that would have been worth two shits is if they did the first chapter (or prologue ?), right after the breaking of the world.

If you do that you risk being associated with the Billy Zane version of that.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider

Well in the first books that is exactly the case, male channelers are dangerous feared and hunted. Half of the great hunt is about Rand's friends trying to decide when not if they are going to GTFO and get away from him, pretty hard to make that believable if your trailers and marketing is all about the glory of the Dragon.

I wouldn't view the trailers too much through a lens of knowing what ultimately happens, if we make it to later in the story and Rand is still simping and the women's grand plans haven't all come unraveled then you can complain

Will admit the diversity casting is annoying, emonds field looks like its a small world ride.

Last edited:

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Half the books were of bullshit descriptions of the most mundane shit that didn't mean anything. Hair tugging takes up at least 3 books.
I made it through the first 3 books. Realized that 3/4th of what I just read was all filler about their outfits, hair and that dumb bitch tugging her hair.

I proceeded to throw them in the trash where they belong.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

Matt Cauthon is being recast (actor change) for season 2 of wheel of time. maybe he said moraine is too tall

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
"There, she embarks on a dangerous, world-spanning journey with five young men and women, one of whom is prophesied to be the Dragon Reborn, who will either save or destroy humanity." - I really hope that the writer of that article is just terrible, instead of the possibility that the show is going to be pushing the women as a possible Dragon.

• 1Garbage

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
"There, she embarks on a dangerous, world-spanning journey with five young men and women, one of whom is prophesied to be the Dragon Reborn, who will either save or destroy humanity." - I really hope that the writer of that article is just terrible, instead of the possibility that the show is going to be pushing the women as a possible Dragon.

I think you know the answer to this.

Sterling

El Presidente
Why Dont We Have Both GIF

• 1Worf