Wheel of Time

Caliane

Just started watching this a few days ago. Does this happened before or after the events of Shannara?

I don't hate this like the book readers. but, yeah, its not very good. reading the book readers freaking out is more amusing then the show for sure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Just started watching this a few days ago. Does this happened before or after the events of Shannara?

I don't hate this like the book readers. but, yeah, its not very good. reading the book readers freaking out is more amusing then the show for sure.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Nah, there was scene where Rand and Logain, with others were at some farm estate that was being swarmed by an army of Trollocs. Rand at this time was getting some knowledge from LTT, which allowed Rand to starting using the teleporting Gates that devastated bunches of Trollocs, he asked Logain to learn the weave and start doing it was well. When the battle was over, that was when Rand asked Logain to hold as much as he could (with Rand being a bit unhinged and kept drawing in more and more power).
The whole LTT as a seperate personality was one of the things driving Rand insane. LTT and Rand were not two different people, trying to act like they were was part of Rand's problem.

• 4Garbage
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Are they going to do the thing video games do where they try to make a scene look like a videogame, except here it'll just be someone reading a book of exposition at the audience?
Well that was the only good scene in the first three episodes, when Moiraine was explaining Manetheren.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well that was the only good scene in the first three episodes, when Moiraine was explaining Manetheren.

The irony here, is that this explanation is pointless in the show as it is given only to the 5 kids. In the book it is directed at the whole of Edmond's Field, and it has a profund affects on them. Later when Perrin comes back, they took pride in the fact that they are descendants of the people of Manetheren and started to build defenses, organize a militia and have raised the Manetheren Red Eagle banner.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The irony here, is that this explanation is pointless in the show as it is given only to the 5 kids. In the book it is directed at the whole of Edmond's Field, and it has a profund affects on them. Later when Perrin comes back, they took pride in the fact that they are descendants of the people of Manetheren and started to build defenses, organize a militia and have raised the Manetheren Red Eagle banner.
Yeah, and her speech was WAY longer in the book, she was berating the whole town about forgetting their roots. I was more just commenting on how shifty the show is. Her description of Manetheren was the only part that I felt had decent acting.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So, I've got some predictions on how they're gonna handle Rand's 3 girlfriends.

His relationship with Min will be purely plutonic, they are just besties. He starts things up with Aviendha, but just when things are starting to get serious, he obliterates her when he's losing it with Callandor. Then, in the depths of his despair and self-loathing he seeks comfort in the arms of...Elayne? Nope! Galad. You heard it here first, folks.

• 2Barf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

His relationship with Min will be purely plutonic, they are just besties. He starts things up with Aviendha, but just when things are starting to get serious, he obliterates her when he's losing it with Callandor. Then, in the depths of his despair and self-loathing he seeks comfort in the arms of...Elayne? Nope! Galad. You heard it here first, folks.
The One Power is ambiguous and bicurious!

• 5Worf

spronk

FPS noob

rand will cum inside egwene and as the two of them cum together the one power is so overwhelming it transfers his dick to her, he is now Randella and she is now Egman

• 4Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
rand will cum inside egwene and as the two of them cum together the one power is so overwhelming it transfers his dick to her, he is now Randella and she is now Egman

Goo Goo G'joob, motherfucker.:D

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, and her speech was WAY longer in the book, she was berating the whole town about forgetting their roots. I was more just commenting on how shifty the show is. Her description of Manetheren was the only part that I felt had decent acting.
Did she mention that the Amyrlin Seat of that time betrayed Manetheren, and was a Red?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

Don't give them any ideas please.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I understand which is why I said it was ironic, one of the strong part of the show was essentially pointless because of the changes they made.

It's sad because it shows the showrunners have no understanding of the books, like none at all.
What blows my mind is that RJs wife is involved, as well as Sanderson. They HAVE to have good understanding of the books and they’re just like lol fuck it change tons of important shit? Sanderson is probably cringing hard with how much they’re butchering it and they just don’t want to listen or something. You know he has a deep understanding of the series, he had to approach it with that mindset before he started writing.

• 1Worf

Raes

Vyemm Raider
What blows my mind is that RJs wife is involved, as well as Sanderson. They HAVE to have good understanding of the books and they’re just like lol fuck it change tons of important shit? Sanderson is probably cringing hard with how much they’re butchering it and they just don’t want to listen or something. You know he has a deep understanding of the series, he had to approach it with that mindset before he started writing.

I saw some of his posts on reddit about it. Basically, he says that he disagreed with the showrunner on some issues, but the faggot refused to relent, so Sanderson just says shit like "after he explained his reasoning I backed down" or something to that effect.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
my wife told me when we sat down to watch she read the showrunners wanted to feature more male nudity and then we saw lan's ass

but i really don't wanna see any of these titties tbh
Id definitely be down for Moiranes. Been hot for her since Jack Reacher.

• 1Mother of God

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best description I read of the battle with Logain's army was that someone was filming a larp out in the woods with homemade special fx.

Definitely didnt scream out "army" of anything.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Best description I read of the battle with Logain's army was that someone was filming a larp out in the woods with homemade special fx.

Definitely didnt scream out "army" of anything.

Pretty much. Very similar to this:

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I was just wondering what their whole plan was at that point. For people allegedly traveling hard to reach the White Tower they seem to have settled down with extremely elaborate tents etc.

They even mentioned shielding Logain in shifts of two at a time and had clearly gone through all 6 sisters at least once before Moraine and Lan got there.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Money talks. Zero chance that Sanderson doesn't have some small idea about Stormlight getting the Amazon treatment someday too.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

Caliane

yurts were actually super common, and used by pretty much everyone from Egypt to Victorian period. hell, civil war, and current wars still use tents heavily in war camps.
the name is specifically to the central asian variety, where it was very iconic. but, again, Africa, Middle east, and europe used them heavily as well.

LmpwZw

its more video games, and tv do a piss poor job of actually representing Medieval living. lots of tents. SUPER COLORFUL everything. heraldry, clothing, rooves, tents. Embroidery.

yeah, production on that scene was laughable. how far had they traveled with logaine so far? did the army march for days? weeks? Where IS anything on the map? how far from two rivers mountains is Logaines, Arabian home?

A bunch of larpers running directly at the witches, who use zero tactics. just pop some explosives under the leaves.. Where did the archers go?

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users