Wheel of Time

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well he did introduce himself as L'Oréal, son of Mohg, who was son of Fingerbanger the Great (or some such, again, its hard to catch all these fantasy names on first pass).

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Well the actual dude written version the warders become depressed and sometimes suicidal if their aes sedai die due to the magical mental bond. It sounds like you’re saying that’s what happens in the show too.
Well the show is adding to that with gay interracial sex etc

• 1WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

The first few episodes definitely had some large deviations, but they sort of at least hit some of the notes in the basic narrative. All of that's totally out the window at this point.

I'd still like to know where the budget is going. The 20 v 20 Ren faire battles with no choreography can't be it.
the really really shitty volcano obviously.

so, is the volcano's location in the book accurate? an active volcano right next to the city? are Aei Sedai even strong enough to control a volcano, should it decide to kill them all? they don't seem to be.

Sterling

El Presidente
i mean it's within sight of tar Valon. It's like bigger than everest on an otherwise open plain though so it'd stand out. I mean we have plenty of communities that leave near "active" volcanos, it's not like it's regularly erupting.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Well the actual dude written version the warders become depressed and sometimes suicidal if their aes sedai die due to the magical mental bond. It sounds like you’re saying that’s what happens in the show too.
Agreed. What I don't remember in the books, though, was Lan doing a ridiculous emotional crying in public scene over it. Someone can correct me, but I remember Lan as always being a classical stoic type.

That scene was so over the top my even my wife who never read the books was like wtf, whys he so upset about it?

It reminded me of that youtube video about how modern movies are written by and for children.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Agreed. What I don't remember in the books, though, was Lan doing a ridiculous emotional crying in public scene over it. Someone can correct me, but I remember Lan as always being a classical stoic type.

That scene was so over the top my even my wife who never read the books was like wtf, whys he so upset about it?

It reminded me of that youtube video about how modern movies are written by and for children.
What? Did they kill Moiraine in the show? Lol!!!

Caliane

Rand is a douche to this playdoh man.

doesn't apologize for drawing a sword on him. doesn't thank him from bringing super magical girl.

Sterling

El Presidente
Loial son of Arent son of Halan isn't nearly tall enough and his makeup/costume/whatever is some real dogshit.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fuck if I can remember any of the names as they go by, so had to look it up (still cant name one character without them saying the name first):
Loial the Ogier

View attachment 385836
View attachment 385837
1638566934004.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Aelfwine

Trakanon Raider
The first few episodes definitely had some large deviations, but they sort of at least hit some of the notes in the basic narrative. All of that's totally out the window at this point.

I'd still like to know where the budget is going. The 20 v 20 Ren faire battles with no choreography can't be it.
It has the feel of a Stargate episode in terms of how it looks. No idea how they are spending over 10 million an episode on it. I can't imagine the no name actors cost all that much.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aelfwine

Trakanon Raider

I thought the episode was decent until that part. The TV show Lan isn't at all like the Lan from the books. I hated the last few minutes with emo-Lan.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It has the feel of a Stargate episode in terms of how it looks. No idea how they are spending over 10 million an episode on it. I can't imagine the no name actors cost all that much.
Wait what? 10 million an episode? Are they paying royalties per episode? Cause the production value looks no where near that.

Also, I hope to god that the LOTR folks are taking notes from just how laughable this show is. Like has been said, the Xena Princess Warrior / Hercules comparison is spot on for this series.

• 1Like

Aelfwine

Trakanon Raider
Wait what? 10 million an episode? Are they paying royalties per episode? Cause the production value looks no where near that.

Also, I hope to god that the LOTR folks are taking notes from just how laughable this show is. Like has been said, the Xena Princess Warrior / Hercules comparison is spot on for this series.
They spent 91 million on 8 episodes for the first season. I literally have no idea what it's gone towards.

• 1Like

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>

That’s a bad compassion really. Those shows were enjoyable which made up for the production value.

• 1Like

Caliane

i mean it's within sight of tar Valon. It's like bigger than everest on an otherwise open plain though so it'd stand out. I mean we have plenty of communities that leave near "active" volcanos, it's not like it's regularly erupting.
it is actively erupting in each scene we see it.

Aelfwine

Trakanon Raider
no fucking way. citation on that?

Arcane is clocking in at an estimated 10m per episode.
Based on them qualifying for incentives from the Czech government based on spending it looks like. There's several other sources quoting the 10 m per episode.