Wheel of Time

Arative

Vyemm Raider
So it seems that billy Zane wheel of time thing a few years ago was following the book more closely than this show?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
This episode was good. Show Is getting better as it goes.

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
As bad as that Lan scene was, it was a perfect portrayal of me watching every episode of this abomination.

1638591323329.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As soon as that funeral for the suicide warden started, I skipped ahead 30 seconds, nothing changed, 30 seconds, nothing changed, 30 seconds, oh now they are crying, 30 seconds, 30 seconds, 30 seconds, 30 seconds...etc...credits roll...

The episodes have been progressively less interesting. Last week they were in a hurry...to sit around a campfire for days. Then an "Army" of about 30 guys attacked and successfully destroyed the rest of the episode. This week they spent entirely too much time on the wardens, which I think should be interesting, but just aren't.

On top of everything else, ever since they showcased the all white, perfectly clean uniform of black child of the light, Mr. Hands, I have noticed all the cloths look brand new and freshly cleaned. So now, it has become a distraction, in every scene, on how could a props department overlook something so basic. Maybe the book expands on the magical laundry mats and tailors that are around every bend, and they had to cut those parts for time...

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
As soon as that funeral for the suicide warden started, I skipped ahead 30 seconds, nothing changed, 30 seconds, nothing changed, 30 seconds, oh now they are crying, 30 seconds, 30 seconds, 30 seconds, 30 seconds...etc...credits roll...

The episodes have been progressively less interesting. Last week they were in a hurry...to sit around a campfire for days. Then an "Army" of about 30 guys attacked and successfully destroyed the rest of the episode. This week they spent entirely too much time on the wardens, which I think should be interesting, but just aren't.

On top of everything else, ever since they showcased the all white, perfectly clean uniform of black child of the light, Mr. Hands, I have noticed all the cloths look brand new and freshly cleaned. So now, it has become a distraction, in every scene, on how could a props department overlook something so basic. Maybe the book expands on the magical laundry mats and tailors that are around every bend, and they had to cut those parts for time...
The aes sedai at tar valon had spotless clothes because they made trainees do menial labor chores 18 hours a day. Royalty and lords and ladies too. Everyone else was a dirtball though.

• 1Like

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I can’t wait until the 6th season when they all show their tits when they vote for the new head of the tower. The book descriptions of how the women looked was pretty cool to me as a teen. Now I get to see a xer worf that’s 80.

• 1Worf

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Episode 5 was pretty dull world building and a terrible ogre. Wtf was that garbage ending. I actually had some hopes after E4, now back to reality.

• 1Solidarity

Nester

Vyemm Raider

lots of slaves and virtual slave poors in the books that are not getting screen time.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I can’t wait until the 6th season when they all show their tits when they vote for the new head of the tower. The book descriptions of how the women looked was pretty cool to me as a teen. Now I get to see a xer worf that’s 80.
It’s not making it to season six.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
At the rate they're skipping huge chunks of the story we'll get to the Last Battle in the middle of season 2.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
It’s not making it to season six.

amazon has already greenlit seasons 2 & 3, and it had to be solely based on what they saw in these episodes. i don't get it

i'd bet its the most successful amazon show to date though, maybe even beating out The Boys. I don't think any amazon shows really show up in the most watched tracked lists, so if they finally get one in they probably will double down hard

Caliane

shad really hated this one. the bring up alot of "small" errors. but then also hit on a really devastating point. All the shit the showrunners cut out of the book.. only to wholly create this warder scene themselves.

spronk

FPS noob
what the fuck, thats a 3 hour video on a 1 hour episode

those guys look gayer than Loial

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I know, right? This brevity bullshit is for the birds.
I am holding out until EFAP comes out with their coverage.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shad brings up good points though, I'm glad I haven't watched it yet. Perrin doesn't kill a Whitecloak? Really?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Shad brings up good points though, I'm glad I haven't watched it yet. Perrin doesn't kill a Whitecloak? Really?
He killed his wife, she probably wore a white wedding dress when the got married if that counts. I’m pretty sure they replaced the white cloak with her, except the white cloak had context and meaning, the wife was out of nowhere and random.