Wheel of Time

Maul

Dental Dammer
Harold finehairs ayesighdie was so fat her grave wasnt deep enough haha, fucking zero hope for lord of the rings if this is the shit amazon is putting out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, technically speaking, book-wise, Whitecloaks were kind of focusing on Tar Valon all the time, stirring shit in the outlying villages around Tar Valon.

I love it how Jordan quite eloquently put the entire Holy inquisition into a tight little package in his books.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
For a show that most people seem to agree sucks, it sure does get a lot of conversation around here, haha.
A large group of people here have read the series, and people who haven’t are watching it, so it’s not surprising. I stopped watching the show after the first three I committed to. I’m now just following to see if it’s consistently shit from people still watching, and to answer questions the show doesn’t explain to the non book readers.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dude is that someone from the show? Tell me that’s Elias, lmao.

Fuck if I can remember any of the names as they go by, so had to look it up (still cant name one character without them saying the name first):
Loial the Ogier

2021-12-03 07.34.35 www.amazon.com 2e4956804623.png

2021-12-03 07.39.39 www.amazon.com 7c5caa1549ad.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
he also first shows up in Tar Valon, which again is super odd for book readers. I suspect all the Caemlyn stuff will be shifted to season 2, its not even clear if Elaida will be a character in the show.

The show makes a LOT more sense when you realize the target audience is only women, like all the warder shit is new and makes little sense except when you realize thats how most horny single women would like their imaginary man to act if they die. whereas the dude-written version would be Stepin getting laid every night using his dead Aes Sedai as the hook.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
he also first shows up in Tar Valon, which again is super odd for book readers. I suspect all the Caemlyn stuff will be shifted to season 2, its not even clear if Elaida will be a character in the show.

The show makes a LOT more sense when you realize the target audience is only women, like all the warder shit is new and makes little sense except when you realize thats how most horny single women would like their imaginary man to act if they die. whereas the dude-written version would be Stepin getting laid every night using his dead Aes Sedai as the hook.
Well the actual dude written version the warders become depressed and sometimes suicidal if their aes sedai die due to the magical mental bond. It sounds like you’re saying that’s what happens in the show too.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I now want this show to get 18 seasons so we can see how derp the seanchan Ogier Sardaukar look

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
i mean skipping Baerlon was kind of weird, but straight up skipping Caemlyn is real wild.

• 1Like

Cyrr

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit is Loial short af, they have him as the same height as Rand (who's not even as tall as he should be) - Note that Loial is supposed to be almost 10ft tall. I can't get over how bad the casting choices of Rand and Lan are, especially when i see both of them standing next to somebody else (Lan next to Moraine especially).

Imagine having the budget they have for this and not being anywhere near as accurate as they should be, especially considering the staggering amount of detail explained in the entire book series.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
So episode 5 is where they officially stop pretending that they care about the source material at all.
They literally said fuck you to the source material in the first 30 seconds of the show.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
They literally said fuck you to the source material in the first 30 seconds of the show.
The first few episodes definitely had some large deviations, but they sort of at least hit some of the notes in the basic narrative. All of that's totally out the window at this point.

I'd still like to know where the budget is going. The 20 v 20 Ren faire battles with no choreography can't be it.

• 1Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The first few episodes definitely had some large deviations, but they sort of at least hit some of the notes in the basic narrative. All of that's totally out the window at this point.

I'd still like to know where the budget is going. The 20 v 20 Ren faire battles with no choreography can't be it.
Probably communism.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users