Wheel of Time

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like a ton of shows force you to watch the intros. Just so happens I hate all intro's. Interesting.
The only Intro I would actually always leave running was for the show "Dark". The music and the intro really helped to set the mood for the show.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My complaints lessen with each episode because I just can't remember any of this stuff. Somehow I only remember some of the first book, and some random characters throughout.

For me, the show is stupid, but I don't remember if it is Jordan's fault or the show's fault.

Sterling

El Presidente
My complaints lessen with each episode because I just can't remember any of this stuff. Somehow I only remember some of the first book, and some random characters throughout.

For me, the show is stupid, but I don't remember if it is Jordan's fault or the show's fault.
The books certainly have some issues, but that's mostly later on and not really within the first book aside from some of the female character stuff starting up. The many problems with this show are largely specific to the show.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is braid tugging a euphemism for shitty women characters? Otherwise its the biggest larp criticism of the books. People act like Jordan described braid tugging the same way he described the trees or something and it's hilarious.
Yes but it’s also literal. In the book every time Nynaeve got mad (like three times per chapter) or nervous or upset she would tug on her braid. It happened SO GOD DAMNED MUCH you were just fucking sick of reading it. We get it, god damn.

She was the only character that did it, but it became a euphemism for all the females being annoying. They were all always mad and annoyed and bitchy and it was really annoying. So when you see braid tugging it’s usually referring to all of them.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider

At this point, the show is just sjw/gay fanfic. The books at least had some memorable moments and redeeming qualities. The show has zero.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Something that occured to me when they first announced the adaptation is that Wheel of Time was revolutionary at the time it was written, but that's because it was coming on the heels of stuff like Dragonlance, Piers Anthony, or some of the more godawful Forgotten Realms paperback novels.

Market-oriented contemporary fantasy was just not in a good place throughout the 80s. It was in a very campy place and I think it's the sort of thing it needed to go through in order to get to a Cosmere type situation.

There were many times while reading the Wheel of Time that I had to just shake my head and sigh and that was before everything went off the rails with endless braid tugging and invented side-plots coming out of left field.

This is all to say that while it is unquestionably epic I'm not sure it's really all that good.
Imagine if someone actually tried to adapt Piers Anthony's weird horny ass books. Spell For Chameleon was my first full-sized book when I was a kid, so I have a soft spot for the dude.

Sterling

El Presidente
Something that occured to me when they first announced the adaptation is that Wheel of Time was revolutionary at the time it was written, but that's because it was coming on the heels of stuff like Dragonlance, Piers Anthony, or some of the more godawful Forgotten Realms paperback novels.

Market-oriented contemporary fantasy was just not in a good place throughout the 80s. It was in a very campy place and I think it's the sort of thing it needed to go through in order to get to a Cosmere type situation.

There were many times while reading the Wheel of Time that I had to just shake my head and sigh and that was before everything went off the rails with endless braid tugging and invented side-plots coming out of left field.

This is all to say that while it is unquestionably epic I'm not sure it's really all that good.
Yeah there just wasn't a lot of good fantasy back then. The Black Company books were a pretty significant outlier in that regard. It also heavily influenced WoT and many other series that came after.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Can we discuss what's wrong with Liandrin's face? She looks less 'ageless' and more 'addicted to cosmetic surgery'

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Imagine if someone actually tried to adapt Piers Anthony's weird horny ass books. Spell For Chameleon was my first full-sized book when I was a kid, so I have a soft spot for the dude.

I was a teenager when I read the Incarnations of Immortality and thought they were fun romps. Reading them again as an adult makes me cringe.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Can we discuss what's wrong with Liandrin's face? She looks less 'ageless' and more 'addicted to cosmetic surgery'
It's going to be the most true-to-life funko pop

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol this next episode. I can’t even.

Edited to add: it’s so fucking bad

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Clumsily / bluntly written exposition is my biggest pet peeve.

"You will swear on the Sacred Oath Rod. Swear your oath Moraine Sedai ... the one power renders it unbreakable and eternally binding"

Uh yeah I'm pretty sure she fucking knew that.

The writers could have at least phrased it like it was the words of an ancient ritual or something. But nope. Just have a character blurt if out like a narrator would, that's fine. It's just The Wheel of Time.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Strong jaw and big high cheekbones is a weird combination. I am not sure she's had cosmetic surgery tho. I actually kind of thought she was a good casting for a fantasy show.... Looks like some weird ethnicity of human that doesn't actually exist. Definitely makes me uncomfortable to look at even tho her face viewed in chunks would make you think the chunk belonged to someone very beautiful.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Sorry for triple post but, just made it to the end of the episode. NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENED In the whole 60 minutes. The pacing of this show is all over the place. So much story happened in Episode 4, now these last two episodes 😴😴😴

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
What are you talking about there was some lesbian action with absolutely no action.

• 2Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
Man this shit is so bad, but shamefully I'll still be finishing the season.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Fuck you this made me want to watch it, what the ever loving fuck is this garbage?
I've gone through this cycle every week since it first aired. I'm not watching again... read the discussion... oh fuck that sounds terrible, I've gotta see that... fuck that was awful, I'm not watching again...

Don't make my mistake, save yourself before its too late

• 4Worf

Maul

Dental Dammer
Just falling over themselves to make every major character black arent they.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity