2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Didnt watch any of it.

head oh no you didnt GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That episode was better than the previous two...so it's back up to the mediocre quality I have come to expect.

I would rather watch boring lesbian interactions over the gay warden shit, and an unimpactful 5 minutes of crying funeral. The interpersonal interactions, all generally suck though and I'm not sure I care about what happens to any of the characters (Rosalyn Pike and Anakin Skywalker are decent characters, I guess).

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Man this shit is so bad, but shamefully I'll still be finishing the season.
I said the same thing after episode 5, but this one did it in for me. Shit is fucking retarded.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am committed to finishing the season but I think I'll wait and just binge the final 3 on Christmas Eve after the kids go to bed.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is Lovecraft Country all over again for me.

Such a waste of an IP.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You guys just don't see how meta the showrunner is being. Watching this because you like WoT, is exactly like reaching through the taint to seize saidin. ;)

Just read a play-by-play review of this episode by the guy who runs r/whitecloaks. It's 1000x more interesting than the actual episode. Dude must've been channeling through a sa'angreal when he wrote it.

• 5Worf
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

Caliane

I don't like how the Yin and yang symbols are so literal. I mean sure, it visually is a great symbol for what it represents. but it still feels weird for this fantasy world to come up with the same exact representation. since a book is words. how did it play out in the book? was it described very clearly, so it was obvious? or was it obfuscated a bit, not clearly being described.
thinking of it. if the world has forgotten the duality of the Ying and Yang, and the intent to balance each, it would make even more sense for the forms of each individually to have shifted away from their original co-op design.

like, Yin, strongforce masculine, is often represented by the Sun. with yang, weakforce, feminine being the moon. lots of cultures actually have the sun/moon thing. the twins. apollo-sun, Artemis-moon. If I had been doing this, pretty sure I would have obscured it a bit, with some sun and moon imagery in the designs.

Last edited:

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Still can't get over ginger Hayden Christensen, though.

I think you just nailed why I hate almost all the Actors on the show. Rosamund Pike has such punchable face, and all the fake dragons look like cheap knock offs of other actors.

Caliane

running commentary on epi 6.

lol. that zoom out on the empty throne room. lol. wtf are you doing.. don't SHOW us you don't have the budget.

"I saw the darkness overtaking you." wait, doesn't that reveal Rand? shouldn't Mogaine noticed that? can any female see females using magic, men see men using magic, or is it only channelers?

I'm sure glad 86% of the run time was spent on the strong black lesbians.

Last edited:

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh wow.. episode six was.. a shittastrophe. Did any of the produces even read the books or are they just the average skip-reader. Skip-skip-skip-oh look, Mat is killing Trollocs in the waste, ok, now boring parts skip skip skip. Oh look Rand is weaving a gateway, let's make this into a.. jesus fucking wept. Robert Jordan is turning in his grave, his baby intellectual property being misused so much.

Just wow. What in the books, took the Amrlyn Seat and other powerful sisters in a circle, using their most powerful sa'angreal the tower had to break Matrim Cauthon away from the Shadar Logoth dagger, but here.. Moiraine managed to do it all on her own.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In just a few short episodes this show has ventured into GoT seasons 6 and beyond. Quite remarkable really.

• 3Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I don't like how the Yin and yang symbols are so literal. I mean sure, it visually is a great symbol for what it represents. but it still feels weird for this fantasy world to come up with the same exact representation. since a book is words. how did it play out in the book? was it described very clearly, so it was obvious? or was it obfuscated a bit, not clearly being described.
thinking of it. if the world has forgotten the duality of the Ying and Yang, and the intent to balance each, it would make even more sense for the forms of each individually to have shifted away from their original co-op design.

like, Yin, strongforce masculine, is often represented by the Sun. with yang, weakforce, feminine being the moon. lots of cultures actually have the sun/moon thing. the twins. apollo-sun, Artemis-moon. If I had been doing this, pretty sure I would have obscured it a bit, with some sun and moon imagery in the designs.

It is literally the yin-yang symbol. In the Age of Legends the Aes Sedai symbol represented both halves of the One Power, since men were also Aes Sedai. The seven seals on the Dark One's prison are just the original Aes Sedai symbol carved out of cuendillar.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys just don't see how meta the showrunner is being. Watching this because you like WoT, is exactly like reaching through the taint to seize saidin. ;)

Just read a play-by-play review of this episode by the guy who runs r/whitecloaks. It's 1000x more interesting than the actual episode. Dude must've been channeling through a sa'angreal when he wrote it.

Great review. The conclusion is pretty much how I feel. Not sure how they redeem this going forward unless they do a complete 180 in season two and actually take the source material seriously.

My wife watched this episode with me... she hasn't read the books, hasn't seen any other episodes, just heard me rave about the books over the years. After watching one of the scenes she said something to the effect of, "I thought all the women in this book were supposed to be powerful and cunning and political, is this a joke?" so yeah, this is getting hard to like.

Bringing Loial to the Ways and then having her use the fucking power to open it rather than activating the leaf was just dumb as fuck.

• 3Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Kwizatz Haderdyke hahaha

Man this is such trash that reddit review was great. I bet there will be some decent action in the last couple episodes and all the retard brigade will be in here all

asseat.jpg

Wow, the logo is even eating its own ass, just like the show runners!

• 3Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

In the book/setting the complete symbol is the ancient Aes Sedai symbol. In the setting at the point of the show, it's generally shown broken into two, the black "fang of the dragon" which is cursed/evil/dangerous/masculine, and the Flame of Tar Valon, which is good/light/knowledge/feminine. If you want to accuse someone of being a dark friend and whip up a Lynch mob, carving the Fang on someone's door is how you do it.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

"Kwisatz Haderdyke" was pretty good but I would have gone with "Kwisatz Hadykeass" personally.

• 1Worf

Caliane

In the book/setting the complete symbol is the ancient Aes Sedai symbol. In the setting at the point of the show, it's generally shown broken into two, the black "fang of the dragon" which is cursed/evil/dangerous/masculine, and the Flame of Tar Valon, which is good/light/knowledge/feminine. If you want to accuse someone of being a dark friend and whip up a Lynch mob, carving the Fang on someone's door is how you do it.
thats kindof what I'm asking. dragons tooth, and flame. yeah. thats good. obfuscation. in the book were you lead to believe it was a dragons tooth and flame, or was it made obvious, they were actually Yin and yang?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
thats kindof what I'm asking. dragons tooth, and flame. yeah. thats good. obfuscation. in the book were you lead to believe it was a dragons tooth and flame, or was it made obvious, they were actually Yin and yang?

1639172720700.png

The Aes Sedai symbol is a round black-and white disc. The two colours are divided by a sinuous line in the middle. It has long been associated with the Aes Sedai of the Age of Legends. It's a graphical representation of the philosophical understanding of the duality of life; active-passive, male-female, material-immaterial which underpinned the culture of the Age of Legends. [1] In the Third Age, it has been split into the white Flame of Tar Valon; some said it stood for the Light, and the black Dragon's Fang representing the evil.

It's obviously the yin-yang symbol. Period. Just like the serpent eating its own tail is obviously the same as Ouroboros.

Here, pretty friggin obvious, lol:

1639173253760.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

View attachment 387207
The Aes Sedai symbol is a round black-and white disc. The two colours are divided by a sinuous line in the middle. It has long been associated with the Aes Sedai of the Age of Legends. It's a graphical representation of the philosophical understanding of the duality of life; active-passive, male-female, material-immaterial which underpinned the culture of the Age of Legends. [1] In the Third Age, it has been split into the white Flame of Tar Valon; some said it stood for the Light, and the black Dragon's Fang representing the evil.

It's obviously the yin-yang symbol. Period. Just like the serpent eating its own tail is obviously the same as Ouroboros.

Here, pretty friggin obvious, lol:

View attachment 387208
Man I can't wait until season whatever, it could really be any of the two rivers five on that horse!

• 3Worf

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Man I can't wait until season whatever, it could really be any of the two rivers five on that horse!
SPOILER ALERT!! :p

Edit: So sorry, I was sure everyone already knew that Bela was the Dragon Reborn.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users