Which computer chair do you use? Needs to be poopsock viable

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just got an email from SecretLabs about the "firmness" of the chair. Thing that caught my attention and made me smile.
1587788332385.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Another +1 for Secretlab except I have an Omega which I am glad I got over the Titan. At 5’11”, 225lbs, it’s perfect. The extra real estate of the Titan would have been off putting. I had a cheap IKEA chair for 3 years I had no issues with. Then I got an Uplift desk and decided to get their ergo chair which just destroyed my back after 2 months. So, I shitcanned it and got a big boy chair.

I think the Secretlab chairs could be just a bit more plush but I’m still happy with my purchase.

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
Expensive chair, I have had mine for over 10 years. I acutally have 2 of them, for one I was lucky enough to get a model that was used as a demo in a trade show it was like a quarter of the price for a new one.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Yup. I also have the Secret Labs Titan. I think its awesome. It did take a month or so to "break in" and become a bit more comfortable than at first. I have a Herman Miller at work and the Titan is fine even though I'm working from home now and also gaming on PC more since I got rid of my shitty Staples chair. I'm pretty big (6'2'', 220lbs) so I appreciate the extra real estate. Build quality is solid and I like the way it looks (it isn't too obnoxious in black and blue stitching).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Wife ordered me a 2020 secret labs titan as a gift. Wont ship til mid june though. Hope you fucks didnt steer me wrong on chairs!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Finally getting my stimulus check in the 6th and gonna dump some of it on an omega. Still trying to decide if I want the leather or the cloth. Cats are so used to scratching my current chair, I imagine they’re going to try going ham on whatever replaces it and leather seems like a bad idea.

Rothir

Lord Nagafen Raider
When I started working from home nearly 3 years ago, I ended up switching out my generic office chair for a Herman Miller Aeron. Been in it probably 10 hours a day for the last 3 years. No regrets. I'd say having a forward tilt is pretty much essential for any office/gaming chair .. especially for the older people here on the forum. I tried the Embody in the showroom, and while the back is entirely amazing I thought the seat itself was a bit weak.

My wife has a Steelcase Leap V2 which also seems like a really solid chair. She bought it second hand and it holds up really well.

Can recommend either.

I've never tried any of the DXRacer style chairs, but I am a fan of mesh chairs in general.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Well my stimulus money apparently comes tomorrow and I'm torn on which of these SecretLabs chairs to get. On the one hand, I'm a small person so the Omega is fine size-wise. However, I do usually have to sit with my leg underneath, and the sides of the Omega probably don't allow that but a Titan looks like it would. On the other hand, sitting on my leg is pretty bad for my leg and I should probably stop doing it and that would kind of force me into some better posture, maybe. Whatever I get, I'm also going to need to find a foot rest of some sort.

Goonsquad Officer
My wife got me a clutch something of other as a surprise. Pewdiepie plugged one on a video and I commented about how it looked pretty good. Meanwhile my old chair was broken. I went to 2 office stores and everything was garbage. And no microfiber. All mesh or leathery. So wife went on the website and ordered the biggest one they had. I'm a rl ogre so this was a good move.

Side note. Part of it broke on me last month. I emailed their support and they sent me the 90 dollar replacement part for free. So good and bad news I guess.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Expensive chair, I have had mine for over 10 years. I acutally have 2 of them, for one I was lucky enough to get a model that was used as a demo in a trade show it was like a quarter of the price for a new one.

so that's for underweight americans only?

I've been using a similar one to the one pictured below for over a decade. Cost like 50 bucks or something at the time., I find dropping hundreds on a gaymer chair just idiotic

121781_2_0.jpg

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Does anyone have experience with a Håg Capisco?

My back is a giant mess and I am now starting to get leg and nerve pain on top of it. So far I've gotten away with using a standing desk and a cheap bar stool, but I would like something nicer and more comfortable. They are pricey but I don't mind dropping the money on something worth it, especially if it will ease my back pain.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well my stimulus money apparently comes tomorrow and I'm torn on which of these SecretLabs chairs to get. On the one hand, I'm a small person so the Omega is fine size-wise. However, I do usually have to sit with my leg underneath, and the sides of the Omega probably don't allow that but a Titan looks like it would. On the other hand, sitting on my leg is pretty bad for my leg and I should probably stop doing it and that would kind of force me into some better posture, maybe. Whatever I get, I'm also going to need to find a foot rest of some sort.
I'm not going to guess your size or ask, but I'm 6'3" 230 pounds, and the pillow placement on my Titan fits right behind my head. So keep in mind it is a big chair. Also my ass doesn't completely fill the seat cushion, so I can curl my leg underneath me (again, bad habit I'm sure).

I went by their sizing, but you might want to check out some youtube videos on owners of the other chairs to kind of get an idea of what they look like on a real person (similar to whatever body shape you have).

My wife is 5'0" 100 pounds and this chair is ridiculous for her. She wouldn't be able to use it as a daily driver

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Related - highly suggest getting adjustable stand up desk. Few years back was getting chronic hip pain. A week with standup desk at work and pain gone permanently.

You don't have to stand all day. Just a few hours. Also burns calories and tightens core.