Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Tom Skerritt's been old forever. Well, not really, but he turned gray (well... white) really early on, so he's looked old forever.

But then again, he's already 87 years old, so he's pushing it.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
RIP Sabine Schmitz of Top Gear fame.

1616151245432.png

• 2WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I lost a little respect for Top Gear when I heard Elon Musk talking about the episode where they tested a Tesla. He said they had a script written with the Tesla breaking down before they even got the car and it didn't actually break down, they just pretended it did for the show. I knew those shows were all fake with manufactured arguments and drama but I didn't think they would go as far as just pretending a care broke down when it didn't.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I lost a little respect for Top Gear when I heard Elon Musk talking about the episode where they tested a Tesla. He said they had a script written with the Tesla breaking down before they even got the car and it didn't actually break down, they just pretended it did for the show. I knew those shows were all fake with manufactured arguments and drama but I didn't think they would go as far as just pretending a care broke down when it didn't.
You really think James Mays' vehicle just happened to break or crash in every episode by chance?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Pretending a car breaks down on a show that goes into car performance is a shit move. It would be like if I made a show about computer parts and every single video card I use bursts into flames, even if I am only playing minesweeper

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Pretending a car breaks down on a show that goes into car performance is a shit move. It would be like if I made a show about computer parts and every single video card I use bursts into flames, even if I am only playing minesweeper
Welcome to Mist's reality.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It's an entertainment show. Why is it that hard to believe?

• 1Truth!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
  • 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's an entertainment show. Why is it that hard to believe?
No one said it was hard to believe they said it is shitty.

I agree. Yeah it’s entertaining but it’s supposed to be based around how cars behave and perform. Faking a breakdown causes the audience to think ”wow that car is not reliable.”

Fastest Car is pretty entertaining. I’d feel duped if those breakdowns and wrecks and life stories were all just fake.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
one of my favorite top gear moments was Clarkson driving that 3 wheeled car down a hill and tumbling down at the end. i found out that was staged to do that. its still my favorite scene.
That car was known to do that though so at least it was based on fact.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The Grand Tour season 2 episode 4 if you want to see an unscripted episode. Also, the tesla thing might be from the fact tesla sued them for saying they only got 55 miles on the test track rather than 200 on the show, lol. tesla lost both times

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They presented it as a review in the show

ya know, i'm giving TG a pass for that. Tesla had some problems early in production, hell they still have glitches. maybe the TG guys were running this car full throttle the entire time and they miscalculated what Musk claims "driving quickly" meant to him. maybe the car they gave to TG to review had an issue with the batteries. fucking Hammond burned down some electric car and i dont think that was a staged event because the thing wouldnt stop exploding and could have been super deadly if that happened in the middle of a crowded city.

• 1Seriously?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
As much as I'd like to go back to 2011... I certainly don't want to live the last 10 years over again.
Would be 17 years here, but same. And I love how stating a simple fact apparently rustled some jimmies. I'm not happy the guy killed himself or anything, but 28 really isn't all that young. At that point you've had a decade of being an adult, and 7 years of legal boozing. More than enough time to realize that life can be pretty shitty, have worked a job or three, and maybe spawned a kid or two.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I mean, I'd like to feel 28 again. In that respect it's pretty young. And he could have lived another 50. I'd definitely go back to 17 and relive to 28 again. That shit was bomb.

• 1Like