Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

Fucker

Log Wizard
His brother, in a much more successful endeavor (Backstreet Boys) is only worth $35M. Fucking Justin Timberlake is at about $250M.

So yeah, someone lied to him big time.

$20M is massive success even in entertainment. I doubt he even made that much.
A guy I know was in a tv show for ONE episode before it got cancelled. He was in his early teens. Every once in a while he gets a residual. The last one he posted about was for something like 7 cents.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kevin O’Neill, “League of Extraordinary Gentlemen” Co-Creator, Dead at 69

Comic book royalty died last week.

Feeling really bummed by this. So many of the amazing comic book artists I grew up reading have died now including Steve Dillon, Carlos Ezquerra, and Ron Smith.

Kev O'Neill was a god, the amount of shit he could pack in to one frame was amazing.

08cb2ab7ae84676b54b6d908bfa8244a--kevin-oleary-comic-art.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
didn't backstreet boys get massively screwed by their manager or was that nsync? remember someone saying they sold million copies and got paid $20k
Don't most of them get screwed for their first few albums? Crazy to think someone like Ariana Grande is worth a quarter bil.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
A guy I know was in a tv show for ONE episode before it got cancelled. He was in his early teens. Every once in a while he gets a residual. The last one he posted about was for something like 7 cents.
I was trying not to compare to TV, but think about the cast of Friends who are getting 20 years worth of syndication, and were earning $1 million an episode for a while. Even most of them are only worth about $100 million, and the ones that are worth more did a bunch of other shit (Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox). Jason Alexander? Apparently $50 million. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is only at a quarter of a billion and that's with Seinfeld, Veep, and being a fucking heiress.

I think the reality is most people in entertainment are probably lucky to have about $5-15 million total to their names. Anything outside of that is a household name and follows massive success (think multi-platinum record deals, several blockbuster movies, or TV show(s) that run a decade).

All of them living it up like they're earning Tom Cruise or Michael Jackson type money are why so many end up broke.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I was trying not to compare to TV, but think about the cast of Friends who are getting 20 years worth of syndication, and were earning $1 million an episode for a while. Even most of them are only worth about $100 million, and the ones that are worth more did a bunch of other shit (Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox). Jason Alexander? Apparently $50 million. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is only at a quarter of a billion and that's with Seinfeld, Veep, and being a fucking heiress.

I think the reality is most people in entertainment are probably lucky to have about $5-15 million total to their names. Anything outside of that is a household name and follows massive success (think multi-platinum record deals, several blockbuster movies, or TV show(s) that run a decade).

All of them living it up like they're earning Tom Cruise or Michael Jackson type money are why so many end up broke.
Whores have poor money management skills?

You Dont Say Nicholas Cage GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
His brother, in a much more successful endeavor (Backstreet Boys) is only worth $35M.
200m is probably a bit much, but he did have two platinum records by his 13th birthday. He was a lot bigger than yall remember, or maybe you just don't have a younger sister the right age or something.

He was pretty seriously fucked in the head beyond just being a druggie though, that whole goddamn family was a trainwreck. Aaron isn't even the first Carter to die of a drug OD.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was gonna say how Clot Shot strikes again, but it was heavy drug use instead.
Aaron Carter (36) found dead in his bathtub.

• 1Repost

Goatface

Aaron Carter Cops Found Cans of Compressed Air at Death Scene

Aaron Carter was very clearly struggling with an addiction to huffing compressed air, and investigators found evidence of that at the site of his death.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... there were multiple cans of compressed air in Aaron's bathroom and bedroom, as well as prescription pills. It's not clear if that's what caused him to drown, but obviously, it's a big clue into what may have happened.

Our law enforcement sources say the last time anyone saw Aaron alive was 2 AM Friday. We're told Aaron's live-in housekeeper heard a knock at the door at 2 AM and answered ... she says cops had come to do a welfare check ... unclear who called them. Our sources say the housekeeper opened the door and when Aaron heard what was going on he told them to leave and ordered the housekeeper not to bother him.

We're told the housekeeper didn't see Aaron all day Friday, and Saturday morning she went to his bedroom door to see if he wanted coffee. She heard his dog inside the bedroom going crazy, so she opened the door and found Aaron's body in the tub.

Law enforcement believes Aaron's body was in the tub for a long time as there was a smell of decomposition and the water had turned an unnatural color. We're told the tub's jets were still running when Aaron's body was found.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
This was the result of child abuse. Any parent who enters their child into this kind of life should be jailed. This kid couldn't trust anyone, not even his parents who sold him out. It's not shocking he turned to drugs and it killed him.

6zwves.jpg

Goatface

Kevin Conroy reportedly died yesterday, November 10, 2022, at age 66, according to friend and actor Diane Pershing in a memorial Facebook post. Among other things, Pershing said, “He’s been ill for a while but he really put in a lot of time at the cons, to the joy of all of his fans.” No further details on his passing were offered, though Pershing reiterated how beloved he was. Kevin Conroy was an icon to voice actor aficionados and Batman fans alike, as he voiced Bruce Wayne on Batman: The Animated Series beginning in 1992 and would continue to voice Batman in various roles for decades ever since, from cartoons to live action. To many, including this writer, Kevin Conroy simply was the voice of Batman.

• 4Rustled
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

Kevin Conroy reportedly died yesterday, November 10, 2022, at age 66, according to friend and actor Diane Pershing in a memorial Facebook post. Among other things, Pershing said, “He’s been ill for a while but he really put in a lot of time at the cons, to the joy of all of his fans.” No further details on his passing were offered, though Pershing reiterated how beloved he was. Kevin Conroy was an icon to voice actor aficionados and Batman fans alike, as he voiced Bruce Wayne on Batman: The Animated Series beginning in 1992 and would continue to voice Batman in various roles for decades ever since, from cartoons to live action. To many, including this writer, Kevin Conroy simply was the voice of Batman.
Baby Reaction GIF

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Will people bring plastic sheets to his funeral?

• 2Worf