Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I mean, kinda depends on who you are? It was an ensemble show and they all kinda had their own following, but I think it's pretty well accepted that Matthew was the funniest.

For all the other star power "the whole nine yards" has going for it, he was very much the best part

Putting aside the usual chukzombi cretin take, his character was the funniest/wittiest. Yes he was delivering the lines but those lines and his character were a creation of the writers room

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Friends was never my thing but he was definitely an icon of the 90s.

54 is crazy young but yeah, sounds like he drove his body until the wheels fell off.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

more i read, seems amazing he made it this long
=
from wikipedia
In 2018, Perry spent five months in a hospital for a gastrointestinal perforation. During the hospital stay, Perry nearly died after his colon burst from opioid abuse. He spent two weeks in a coma and used a colostomy bag for nine months. Upon being admitted to the hospital, doctors told Perry's family that Perry had a two percent chance of survival. He was connected to an ECMO (Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) machine, which breathed for him

Perry became addicted to Vicodin after a jet-ski accident in 1997, and completed a 28-day rehab program that year.[59] His weight fluctuated over the next few years, dropping to 145 pounds (66 kg) due to pancreatitis. He entered rehab in February 2001 for an addiction to Vicodin, methadone, amphetamines, and alcohol. While filming Serving Sara in Texas, he suffered severe stomach pains and flew to Los Angeles to check into Marina del Rey's Daniel Freeman Hospital. Perry later estimated he had spent $9 million to get sober. He revealed that due to his addiction issues, he did not remember three years of the time he was acting on Friends, between seasons three and six.
=

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Putting aside the usual chukzombi cretin take, his character was the funniest/wittiest. Yes he was delivering the lines but those lines and his character were a creation of the writers room
well, i know that matthew perry himself had both a decent amount of adlibs as well as kind of forcing the writers to adjust his lines to really take advantage of his deliveries. so, on a pedantic and autistic level, yes you're right. but in all the ways that actually matter, the writers were all the same no matter who was on screen and people still refer to chandler as the funny one despite honestly, all the characters having a pretty equal amount of jokes.

Cybsled

if he drank a bunch or swallowed a bunch of pills, there'd be bottles or baggies or whatever around SOMEWHERE. it's not like you drink a bunch of scotch and hydros and then go, "hey i better go tidy up before i dive headfirst into the pool in my underwear."

You severely underestimate what it takes. Dude could have literally just drank a couple glasses of his liquor of choice and chased it with a few of the wrong types of pills and it could have potentially led to the same result (passing out in a hot tub and drowning)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You severely underestimate what it takes. Dude could have literally just drank a couple glasses of his liquor of choice and chased it with a few of the wrong types of pills and it could have potentially led to the same result (passing out in a hot tub and drowning)
no, i'm with you. i'm just saying that the article said that there were no drugs found on the scene, and there was no alcohol use mentioned so while it's definitely possible that he had SOMETHING, it wasn't enough that anyone was initially alarmed by. as much as i like the dude and hope that he was able to work past his demons, i'm pretty much expecting the autopsy to reveal that SOMETHING was in his system.

Oldbased

> Than U
Ok then. We'll just call it
1698552572040.png

• 2Moron
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

*Celebrity dies that is under 100*
The Smooth Brain Gallery on FOH: Must be the covid shot hur hur hur

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean, kinda depends on who you are? It was an ensemble show and they all kinda had their own following, but I think it's pretty well accepted that Matthew was the funniest.

For all the other star power "the whole nine yards" has going for it, he was very much the best part
oh, ok. i was getting away from broadcast TV in the mid 90s. i think i only watched Seinfeld, Simpsons and King Of The Hill.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
for a guy who's supposed net worth was over than 100 million he sure lived in a shitty house.

1.jpg

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user