Who will be the next owners of EQ?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty sure he's referring to the 12 month game time sale for 72 bucks. I can't see how EQ doesn't make money though -- people use that cash shop like crazy. I guess that's really only phinigel though.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Some months back Elidroth said EQ was in the black and made money, i can't imagine that has changed; they have already said they are working on a new expansion so i doubt anything bad will happen soon, i mean they added another developer or two to the team. I think they are now trying to recommit a little more to bringing EQ back, such as they can, since it's probably still a cash cow for them.

Last edited:

eXarc

Molten Core Raider
How could they not fucking make money? I can't imagine they are spending a whole lot on maintenance and development..

Also, my money is on Brad taking over EQ and then using the IP to create EverQuest: Pantheon! The most kickass new gen MMO ever! It rocks!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This game time sale is likely just a response to WoW's expansion release next week.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You would be amazed at how many things make money and turn a profit with little effort. Shit AOL still has like 2mil Dial up subscribers. Point being, EQ is making money and as long as it does they will milk it.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Any sale better include the award winning cash cow that is "Landmark" or there will be no deal!

tumblr_mlpmstsd5O1s5c6k4o1_500.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
im the new owner, shutting it all down.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got nostalgic and loaded up EQ2 this week. The latest Xpac was a bit underwhelming. Imagine EQ2 and EQ expansions made on no budget. When Smed was there, they had an unlimited budget. Hell, I went to Thurgadin and ran around, and there was no music, other than some cheesy 30 second loop. My five year old could do better by hitting random notes on a synthesizer. Apparently, DCUO is the only game that gets any sort of resources.

You would be amazed at how many things make money and turn a profit with little effort. Shit AOL still has like 2mil Dial up subscribers. Point being, EQ is making money and as long as it does they will milk it.

2 mil dial up... OMG, i mean i see people with @aol.com email accounts didnt know they still did service

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Trion should buy EQ so that dedicated EQ fans can have the mediocrity they truly desire.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
I saw truly hardcore dire EQ fanbois quit after that piece of shit expansion, The Broken Mirror, came out. I mean I'm talking about people that I never expected to EVER quit EQ. I think DBG truly shot themselves in the foot with that one.

This coming expansion has got to be something truly special, or honestly TLP is all they will have left keeping them afloat. And, we all know how long TLP servers last.