Why do men keep putting me in the Girlfriend-zone?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
women can and will be attention whoring assholes. go check out which gender uploads the majority of youtube videos of themselves. one time i was out with a group of friends and i was trying to make time with this cute spanish chick i spotted sitting by herself across the room and who may or may not have had too much to drink. things were looking good when one of my chick friends (she is no friend friend) walks up to us and sits down and starts talking all sweetlike to me, the spanish chick looks at her then at me, gets up and walks the fuck off. apparently i was ignoring my female friend and this was her way of getting back at me. i didnt know i was there to fucking hold her hand all night. this was a chick i never had any romantic involvement with and even though i would have fucked her, she was never into me, cept that one moment i decided i wanted to get laid and left her on her own for a half hour.
I guess I'd think women were assholes too if one had cockblocked me.

So basically you're a feminist because you're a giant pussy that's terrified of rejection. Did your hairy wife have to approach you?
Maybe you shouldn't conjure up a million hypothetical reasons not to talk to someone and maybe you should be a fucking adult who maybe steps forward and starts up a conversation and risks rejection from time to time and maybe you shouldn't rationalize this piss poor beta behavior as being some kind of goal for men everywhere.
Maybe.
Aha, the delicious irony! I love it.
I guess not everyone was here earlier in the thread but my first post was actually calling out exactly the type of guy you describe here. Don't get me wrong, I was absolutely a shy and awkward person, well into my teens. I was way too nervous to approach girls at the time, but it was fine because it was the SNES era, and my buddies and I were all in the same boat. But see, when I was in university I was able to come out of my shell and get some real relationship experience. One factor in this shift was the fact that my female friend (the one I was mocked for mentioning a few pages back) helped me gain confidence and start taking more chances. This led to a cute redhead I hooked up with and had an awesome run with (still my good friend to this day), and then to a friend of a coworker who I also had a nice run with, and then to another art school girl my female friend set me up with. Laugh all you want, but anybody who actually helps me get laid is a friend in my book! After I graduated I moved to Japan for three years. My experiences at school had had a lasting effect on me, as I was not only capable but eager to seek out opportunities to meet new people. I hooked up with a variety of girls, some relationships lasting longer than others, but every one initiated by me. No crying over friendzoning here, bitches. Of course, I eventually met who became my wife (she's Japanese) and we moved back to Canada together.
Two reasons this is ironic:
1) My female friend (you know, the one who can't exist), played a very important role in my life, something only real friends can do.
2) My buddy, the one who agrees with several of you that men and women can't be friends, isexactly the type of rejection-avoiding non-risk taker who you describe above!

Now I'm expecting several jabs about this story, but you know what? It's fucking worth it just to once again rub your noses in how consistently wrong all your assumptions about me have been. I'm estimating there will be between, say, 5 and 7 completely wrong assumptions made in response to this very story, in fact. The funny thing is being wrong has no effect on you guys, you just get right back on the horse and continue making wrong assumptions, each time so sure that you've got me all figured out because you're so clever. I fucking love it.

naerik(maxx)_sl

shitlord
i fuck girls. i say hey, you can be my friend, we fuck. if you dont wana be my friend, we fuck. you wana date me? fuck me good. you dont wana date me and wana fuck....how much?

ALL this other bullshit about feelings and this that and the other thing is pussy shit. fuck girls, be friends, dont be friends. /thread

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah, you caught a girl looking at you and then you initiated a conversation and took it from there.
When was the last time a girl you didn't know catcalled you?
When was the last time a 45 year old woman who thought you were hot came up to you and started conversing, ignoring your clear discomfort?
When was the last time a stranger started flirting with you in an elevator where you couldn't get away, forcing you to count each awkward second as you try to turn her away as politely as you can?
When was the last time a woman made a comment about your package?

Give me a break, people. Now you guys are clearly trying to spite me.
Barring the elevator part (I hate elevators) all 4 of those have happened to me in the last month.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
So it's a guy which of course means in the next 18 months we will have to deal with either:

A: My Wife/GF broke up with me now I'll cry about it for the next year. Eventually I'll take people's advice and move on but I wont credit anyone for my maturation.

B: I Want to Become a woman

C: Various misc

You are not a snowflake, you are not the first brainwashed shit head to come "here" (here is not the original FoH) you came here because you know you're wrong and you know we're right, and you want to break yourself on our rock. Otherwise you wouldn't be here, but you're boring. You're tired and boring and nobody cares about you Amania/Jerle. Nobody cares.

Try to fuck one of your female friends, get it done with now, and lets speed up this retarded chain reaction so everything can come full circle again.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Do you guys *seriously* get women commenting upon your package just out of the blue?? I'm not being sarcastic or anything like that, just..I guess kind of shocked! None of my girl friends and I would have ever dreamed of doing that, unless, of course, we were in the middle of a hot and heavy make out session with a guy who was still dressed.

But that actually happens to you guys?? I was to hear stories!

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
So it's a guy which of course means in the next 18 months we will have to deal with either:

A: My Wife/GF broke up with me now I'll cry about it for the next year. Eventually I'll take people's advice and move on but I wont credit anyone for my maturation.

B: I Want to Become a woman

C: Various misc

You are not a snowflake, you are not the first brainwashed shit head to come "here" (here is not the original FoH) you came here because you know you're wrong and you know we're right, and you want to break yourself on our rock. Otherwise you wouldn't be here, but you're boring. You're tired and boring and nobody cares about you Amania/Jerle. Nobody cares.

Try to fuck one of your female friends, get it done with now, and lets speed up this retarded chain reaction so everything can come full circle again.
Wow, what happened to you to make you so bitter? It must have been awful. Listen, man, if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, any time at all, I'm here for you man.

I'm actually kind of flattered you figure I'll still be part of this community in 18 months. Does this mean I'm one of you now?
Also, I don't know if you noticed, but my last story actually did credit someone for having a positive effect on my life, specifically related to my own maturation as a person, in fact!
Also, maybe I didn't make it clear enough, but I really enjoy being a man. Life as a man is awesome.
As for C: Various misc (there's a redundancy for ya!), I hate to break it you but we're already there. Various misc is happening as we speak. In a way, it's always been happening.

As for not being a snowflake, I'm one step ahead of you there, champ (see: "I'm not special", several pages back). As for why I came here, that came up and has been covered too, so if you're curious enough to do some back-reading you'll see that, in an almost complete reversal of your assumption, I am here because I have a perspective that contradicts a bunch of hogwash I saw posted, and not to "break myself on your rock", although that is beautifully poetic. You've got a beautiful soul, don't you? A beautiful...Voyce?

While I appreciate the enthusiasm with which you eagerly offer me life advice, I'm not currently looking to "fuck one of my female friends". That time has passed. But thanks for looking out for me and don't forget: I got your back, bro. Shoulder. Right here.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This thread:

rrr_img_27029.png

rrr_img_27029.png

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
There are loved ones in the glory
Whose dear forms you often miss.
When you close your earthly story,
Will you join them in their bliss?

Will the circle be unbroken
By and by, by and by?
Is a better home awaiting
In the sky, in the sky?

In the joyous days of childhood
Oft they told of wondrous love
Pointed to the dying Saviour;
Now they dwell with Him above.

You remember songs of heaven
Which you sang with childish voice.
Do you love the hymns they taught you,
Or are songs of earth your choice?

You can picture happy gath'rings
Round the fireside long ago,
And you think of tearful partings
When they left you here below.

One by one their seats were emptied.
One by one they went away.
Now the family is parted.
Will it be complete one day?

This thread:
Does that make you a dyke.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Do you guys *seriously* get women commenting upon your package just out of the blue?? I'm not being sarcastic or anything like that, just..I guess kind of shocked! None of my girl friends and I would have ever dreamed of doing that, unless, of course, we were in the middle of a hot and heavy make out session with a guy who was still dressed.

But that actually happens to you guys?? I was to hear stories!
It doesn't happen. Ever. Everything those guys said happened was a lie.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Wow, what happened to you to make you so bitter? It must have been awful. Listen, man, if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, any time at all, I'm here for you man.

I'm actually kind of flattered you figure I'll still be part of this community in 18 months. Does this mean I'm one of you now?
Also, I don't know if you noticed, but my last story actually did credit someone for having a positive effect on my life, specifically related to my own maturation as a person, in fact!
Also, maybe I didn't make it clear enough, but I really enjoy being a man. Life as a man is awesome.
As for C: Various misc (there's a redundancy for ya!), I hate to break it you but we're already there. Various misc is happening as we speak. In a way, it's always been happening.

As for not being a snowflake, I'm one step ahead of you there, champ (see: "I'm not special", several pages back). As for why I came here, that came up and has been covered too, so if you're curious enough to do some back-reading you'll see that, in an almost complete reversal of your assumption, I am here because I have a perspective that contradicts a bunch of hogwash I saw posted, and not to "break myself on your rock", although that is beautifully poetic. You've got a beautiful soul, don't you? A beautiful...Voyce?

While I appreciate the enthusiasm with which you eagerly offer me life advice, I'm not currently looking to "fuck one of my female friends". That time has passed. But thanks for looking out for me and don't forget: I got your back, bro. Shoulder. Right here.
Aamaina, why have you stopped signing your posts?

--Aamaina

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it does happen and happens often. as i said. i work in a mostly female office and chicks talk about dudes with cock bulges or how sexy their face or body is. the black chicks simply dont give a fuck and will openly talk about how they fuck and suck on cocks.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
it does happen and happens often. as i said. i work in a mostly female office and chicks talk about dudes with cock bulges or how sexy their face or body is. the black chicks simply dont give a fuck and will openly talk about how they fuck and suck on cocks.
Black chicks aren't women.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
*Sigh* Remember how the topic came up? We were talking about stuff girls have to put up with that men don't, and I was using gender reversal to prove a point. So when I say "When was the last time a woman commented on your package?" I mean "When was the last time a woman you don't know commented on your package as a way of exerting power over you?" You know, like how some alpha male might loudly tell his buddy "Did you see the tits on that one?" knowing damn we'll she's within earshot.

Yes, women as a gender are known to have talked about penises before, for fuck's sake.

Sorry, that wasn't nice, I apologize. It was my fault for assuming things like "context" would have an effect on your comprehension. Now I know that when you guys read that list, you had no idea what point I was trying to make and interpreted each of those behaviors in a way that you could distort to be "kinda like" something that happened to you once.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Finally, the present results suggest that female
sexuality may suffer a "double whammy" such that,
not only are sexually active women likely to be eval-
uated negatively, but these instances may be highly
salient to people in contemporary Western societies.
To provide a compelling example, Aubrey (2004)
showed that the negative consequences of female
characters' sexual activity are overrepresented in
television programming directed at adolescents, and
the present results suggest that these consequences
may be highly perceptible by the programs' intended
audience.In other words, Aubrey's (2004) results
show that women in television shows are likely to
be portrayed as suffering the consequences of sex-
ual activity, and the present results show that peo-
ple are more attuned to the negative aspects of
female than male sexuality. Taken together, these
findings suggest that television programming aimed
at adolescents may be one of the prime mecha-
nisms that generate and sustain the sexual double
standard..........

Confirmation bias appears to be one of the
mechanisms that sustain belief in the sexual double
standard. Before coming to a firm conclusion regard-
ing the existence of the double standard, however,
a radical shift in sexual double standard paradigms
needs to take place. In addition to exploring further
the effect of confirmation bias on the double stan-
dard, other mechanisms that generate or sustain it
should be identified and studied. Moreover, research
that closely replicates contexts experienced in every-
day life should be conducted, as an isolated labora-
tory setting may not prove to be an adequate context
in which to study the double standard. We demon-
strated the usefulness of this approach in an ear-
lier study (Marks & Fraley, 2005b). We suggested
that because the double standard is a powerful social
norm, attempts to elicit it in a context of social iso-
lation (i.e., by having research participants evaluate
targets on a computer in an isolated lab room) may
prove fruitless. We addressed this possibility by in-
troducing a social context to the popular person per-
ception paradigm widely employed in double stan-
dard research and found that participants failed to
exhibit a double standard when evaluating targets
on their own, but exhibited a double standard when
they evaluated targets collaboratively with other
participants.
Another shift that needs to occur concerns the
hypotheses formulated in research on the sexual dou-
ble standard. It is imperative that researchers begin
to form and test theoretically derived hypotheses,
as opposed to hypotheses based on anecdotal evi-
dence. Evolutionary theory, social role theory, and
social learning theory may all provide useful frame-
works in which to study the sexual double standard.
Judging from the dearth of robust evidence for the
double standard in the empirical literature, it may be
the case that the "men rewarded, women derogated"
view of sexuality may be quite oversimplified (Hird
& Jackson, 2001). The adoption of a specific theo-
retical perspective should allow researchers to make
more refined predictions about the conditions under
which the double standard arises
Second, it is possible that researchers, like our
participants, may exhibit a confirmation bias to seek
and report negative information about female sex-
uality.By describing the pain, shame, and sense of
injustice felt by women who are derogated for their
(actual or implied) sexual behavior, researchers do us
a service by allowing others to understand the expe-
riences of victims of the double standard. However,
by only reporting data or anecdotes that confirm
the double standard, researchers may inadvertently
serve to entrench the double standard further in our
culture's collective consciousness. In other words,
the very act of bringing the double standard to peo-
ple's attention may serve to reinforce it
(see Wegner,
Wenzlaff, Kerker, & Beattie, 1981, for an example in
a related context).
http://www.communicationcache.com/up...e_standard.pdf

tl;dr over-representation of female victimization promote double standard and negativity of female "sex." Objectification should be treated gender neutral and appropriated without victimhood. Simplistic assessment of pop culture (i.e. women suffer because they get objectified) only exasperate the existing issue and only expand confirmation bias among the women and men.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Aamania cannot be helped because he is sexually inert. Until Aamina attempts to engage, his beliefs will be untested. Once he engages, and inevitably fails, he can fracture, once fractured he can heal. He cannot be made sane until his beliefs are tested. Why is Aamina not in the the Girls Who Broke Your Heart thread?

--Aamania