Why the moon landing could not have been faked

Gnomer_sl

shitlord
Wow, I really liked that video. He drives some good points, if not the most important being to devote time to the worthwhile conspiracies that truly affect us.

Northerner

N00b
Also, I think you are allowed to dress and talk like that if you are over 50 and have been working in film your whole life. It isn't hipster if you lived it.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
WHAT DO YOU GUYS SEE?

582339_558708420808595_711357276_n.jpg

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Well, it's kinda like refuting flat earthers. It's been done well enough already that only people working for NASA or hipster-looking doucebags are gonna bother to take it on.
I thought flat earthers were a very dedicated spoof. I'm sure among them there are some so immensely stupid as to believe it, but isn't that really it's point of origination?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's what I thought to, but man there's some people on the flat earth society forum with years of participation and thousands of posts all defending flat earth theory. I'm good at detecting trolling because I does it so often, but these guys aren't hitting any trolling jokes.

iannis

Musty Nester
Honestly I'm not highly studied in Flat Earth Theory. My guess is that it's an elaborate apparatus built up in a sedimentary fashion around a mostly defensible core, that core being a critique of untempered empiricism.

And while there are perfectly valid theoretical/philosophical critiques of empiricism to be made those are very dry and very boring and mostly written in french or latin or math.

Flat Earthing is fun for the whole family. From what little I do know about it they also seem to miss the point that our empiricism is tempered, not untempered.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The best part about the Flat Earthers is the sub-section who believe in bio-luminescent moon shrimp.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Flat earthing is fun and all until you go to the top of a tall building and notice the curvature of the horizon and rralize what an utter fool you are.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
On the flat earth society there's an indecipherable pile of shitmath that may or may not explain away that 'phenomena'.

An even better example of what you said is that if you go out on a sailboat you can drop anchor right when you lose sight of land, then climb the mast and see it.

Here's the defense of it:
http://theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/...ng_Ship_Effect

where the argument rests upon human sight being non-linear, as in:
Fig75.jpg

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
This thread would have been orders of magnitude more fun to read if Lumie was here.
frown.png